Drop your random weekend thoughts below:
ECat504
SO
SD (11/2010)
DD1 (09/2014)
DD2 (10/2015)
Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)

Re: Weekend Randoms

• I’m totally unprepared to have my kids home for an entire month.... what am I even supposed to do with them while I try to work from home and keep them alive?!
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @Ecat504 good luck, I can't even imagine. I've seen lots of posts about accessing educational print outs and videos but I feel like it's a full time job to keep them occupied let alone try to get your work done too.

We had a fun day at my ILs, DH helped move some furniture and DS and I played with their 9 week old yellow lab puppy! It was a funny twist because usually the older dogs (ours and theirs) are pretty indifferent towards him and he can be too loving, but the puppy was all over him and he wasn't having it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Ecat504 are they doing any continued work online? A lot of the schools around here for 1st grade and up are sending work home online I think. 

I just spent the day snowshoeing! I went to Mt. Rainier National Park with a couple of girlfriends, and it was the best fun! We weren’t sure we were going to get any views because it was snowing our whole way up...but it cleared out for about an hour and let us see the mountain!!! So pretty! So fun! But also exhausting lol
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • name1109name1109 member
    edited March 2020
    @Ecat504 I’m really hoping our state doesn’t send kids home.  If they do I have a million back ups but I’m worried none will work and heavens knows what I’ll do. I work from home too. 
  • I'm getting slightly worried about this COVID-19, being pregnant. I want to keep living my life while taking all precautionary measures, but I'm just not sure where to draw the line... My fiancé came down with a cold on Friday which was the worst timing. 
  • So far they haven’t closed schools in my area, but I almost feel like it’s a matter of time. Luckily for me, my school (which is a private Christian center) follows the school district so if they close, I will be able to stay home with my kids. I just feel really bad for our parents who rely on us for childcare who still have to go to work...about half of the parents in my class are nurses! What are they supposed to do? This is all just so crazy.
  • @kitkatz1990 our schools haven’t closed either, but I just found out today that if they do close, the center I work in will close as well. Before today we weren’t going to close unless there was a confirmed case in the facility. 
  • @sjomomma well I take it back!! Our governor closed all of the schools today, until March 31st. That means my center is also closed! We also now have 2 confirmed cases in our city. This is just SO crazy! What age do you teach?