October 2020 Moms

Week 1 (Oct 1-7) Check In: week of 3/9

Estimated due date (EDD):

Week of pregnancy: 

Upcoming Appointments:

Rant/Rave:

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?

Re: Week 1 (Oct 1-7) Check In: week of 3/9

• Estimated due date (EDD): 10/7

Week of pregnancy: 10 weeks today!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/27

Rant/Rave: Coronavirus is driving me crazy. I'm not really concerned about it, but obviously doing what I can to be responsible in my community (washing hands, covering sneezes, etc). I coordinate meetings & events and a lot of my local events are cancelling this month. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I'm in a very low risk state and just think people are overreacting a little bit.

Questions: Is round ligament pain normal in the first trimester? I keep reading its common in second tri, but I have random sharp pains that stop me in my tracks at times when I stand up or sometimes sneeze. It goes away on its own as quickly as it comes.

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I'm not a very daring person...haha! I think it has to be getting my nose pierced in college.  :D 
  • homeport17homeport17 member
    edited March 2020
    Estimated due date (EDD): 10/7

Week of pregnancy: 10! Double digits!

Upcoming Appointments: 3/20

Rant/Rave: I second the Corona madness. We’ve got a state of emergency and they are cancelling everything. Field trips got the axe today and clubs may be next.  *UPDATE* We are now closed for the next 2 days for cleaning and disinfection *grumble*

Questions: 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I got a tattoo on the spur of the moment when I was 18. It’s nothing I regret, and it’s mostly hidden, but I definitely wouldn’t do it again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/05

Week of pregnancy: 10

Upcoming Appointments: I need to schedule my NT u/s for next week and get an appt with a new midwife. I still have an appt with my OB but I'm over their vbac policies. 

Rant/Rave: Nausea is finally at bay! Thank the lord. Now if only DH can realize I'm still exhausted and to help his pregnant wife, that would help...

GTKY: I did the world's tallest skycoaster (300ft). Not sure I would do it again

@amandarenee89 I have been having RLP, too, especially when getting up too quickly. Damn hormones. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): October 4, 2020

Week of pregnancy: week 10 of pregnancy

Upcoming Appointments: upcoming appointment March 18, 2020

Rant/Rave: I’m so tired because of pregnancy and my thyroid problem. I cannot keep up with my other two daughters. 

quesrions: what are some non caffeine ideas that can help me stay awake? 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done

oh man I cannot think of anything right now. (: 
  • @nthentherewere3 Have you tried hot water with lemon? Also, some exercise (for me walking) has helped me deal with my symptoms.
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/5

Upcoming Appointments: 3/24 is my next one

Rant/Rave: also coronavirus related but I’m on the freaking out side of it. I’m extremely scared of losing my parents who are over 60. I’m also afraid for myself, based on this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/health/coronavirus-pregnant-women-babies.html

Questions: any ideas for calming my anxiety 😭

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done?
    oh, I don’t know. Nothing really comes to mind. I went to college in a state across the country where I knew no one. 
  • Thank you @homeport17. I have not tried that I will definitely give both of those a shot!! 
  • @psmk521 Zoloft! Wonder drug. Only trimester I will not take it in is third. 
  • Estimated due date (EDD): 10/7

Week of pregnancy: 10 +1

Upcoming Appointments: March 30th - which seems like an eternity from now 

Rant/Rave: Had a panic attack at work yesterday. My first in 4 years and it was due to coworker stress. I need to remember what is important and not let others get to me. 

Questions: Why does this pregnancy feel like it's my first? 

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Became a mom. 
  • @amandarenee89 yeah I had round ligament pain with both of my previous pregnancies starting around 8 weeks. Same this time. It has been intense lately. My OB mentioned it might be worse for me because my uterus is retroverted so it will be attempting to tilt forward into a more "normal" position around 12 weeks. I don't think it is tilted forward yet but it must be trying because I'm dying over here. But yeah my doctor was totally unconcerned and said it was very normal.

@nthentherewere3 I don't have a lot of helpful tips on the staying awake thing. I took my toddlers to the park the other day because they let me have all of 3 hours of sleep and I knew I would be falling asleep sitting around the house with them. But if you're already struggling to keep up with the kiddos it might be more trouble than its worth to try to be more active with them. Otherwise I have always found that snacking helps me stay awake. But, ya know, with first trimester nausea and aversions that isn't always workable.

@lilbubb I feel like I wondered that last time and this time also. I remember thinking sometime in the second of third trimester last time how "if I ever get pregnant again I definitely won't spend the whole first trimester worried and anxious. I'm past that now and realize I should just enjoy it and hope for the best." Ha! I definitely worried this time like it was my first time. And I definitely googled things like it was my first time also. 

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/1

Week of pregnancy: 11

Upcoming Appointments: March 17th. I think I'm going to ask my doctor at my appointment about having an NT scan done. I thought I didn't want to bother but the past week or two I've been feeling like I want to do it. I still have this nagging worry that something is wrong and I can't make myself announce my pregnancy. I'm hoping a good NT scan will put my mind at ease and give me the confidence I need to just announce and move on to the being excited part. 

Rant/Rave: my toddlers are going through a phase where they just aren't sleeping and I'm a sleep deprived zombie over here. We just had a solid week of no more than 4 hours of sleep a night. I don't know if this is some developmental phase or...? But whatever it is, it needs to end ASAP. 

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? Oh man, I'm not a very daring person. Maybe defying my emotionally abusive, controlling parents to elope with my husband instead of planning the wedding they wanted me to plan and doing everything there way. It doesn't sound like much but it was a big deal for me after growing up being conditioned to always sacrifice what I want for everyone else and to never question if maybe it would be OK to occasionally do what makes me happy. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @JLaVO888 I’m already on it 😂
  • @pamk521 How many mg? Your dose may need to be upped a tad. 
  • @JLaVO888 I’m at 50mg so yeah I might want to up it. 
    I’ve been doing better the last couple of days. Focusing on my coping skills :)
  • This week has been nuts with all the sickness in the house so I'm finally joining!

Estimated due date (EDD): 10/6 (got moved from 10/7)

Upcoming Appointments: April 1st for my NT. Went to get my Nipt done yesterday and I hope to get results soon

Rant/Rave: nothing major, this week's been such a drag since my husband has been home sick and I was also sick for most of that time. We've been such blobs.

Questions:

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? I'm not a very daring person. So I'll say doing a cat 5 white water rafting trip was probably pretty daring for me! It was in new Zealand and we went down a 20 ft waterfall 😮
  • Estimated due date (EDD):10/7

Upcoming Appointments: NT scan are 12 weeks!

Rant/Rave: I am so tired and don’t want to do anything. 

Questions: Water makes me nauseous (and I usually drink a gallon a day), what else can I drink?

GTKY: What's the most daring thing you've ever done? My husband and I kayaked in the ocean, and we found out afterwards that area commonly had great white sharks and was a known breeding ground.
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since: 2/13
    Long, anovulatory cycles
    Began fertility testing 12/13
    Ultrasound and bloodwork: Everything looks good (according to my ob/gyn)
    HSG: waiting to schedule
    SA: scheduled with RE for 1/6/14