Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 3/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Friday 3/13

• Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU:  Prenatals/folic acid, 

R/R: well, the whole country has come to a stand still🤷🏼‍♀️ As of yesterday all schools/daycares/colleges are closed, everyone who can work from home has been sent home, lots of services and restaurant/bars have either closed or have limited service due to the corona virus for the next two weeks

BF and i were going on a vacation to Valencia this monday, but had to cancel our flights yesterday. ( won’t get that or our hotel refunded, but better safe than sorry). I have also gotten restrictions from work about leaving the country, so i guess we’ll save those vacation days for later.

• Month/Cycle: 9/9 (stings a bit that number)

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, just need a break and with an upcoming move thought now was a good time

R/R: My mom was supposed to come this weekend, but she just cancelled. AF is making me feel unreasonably dramatic about it.  But I think it will be good to focus on packing and just resting a bit.  We have been running like crazy and I think a lazy weekend afternoon is well deserved.  Other than that, I went grocery shopping, but realized this morning we are a lot lower on TP than I would like (only like 5 rolls).  I was trying to avoid buying more before the move, but now I am a little nervous about quarantine and getting stuck without.  Back today to see how crazy it is.

@nordicknit. That is a bummer about your trip, but pretty safe than sorry.  I am curious how all these companies handle this situation for refunds and the like.  You cannot be the only one changing the plans.  Most companies aren't allowing travel.  My mom rescheduled her flights, but not sure if that is an option for you.  Well hopefully you can enjoy those vacation days somewhere soon!  We have a wedding next week that we were supposed to travel for, but we might have to cancel our trip.

• Loading the player...
  • @nordicknit - It really seems like sh*t hit the fan yesterday! Sorry you had to cancel your trip!

@dobiemom11 - TP is the one thing I couldn't get at the store yesterday! Going to try a pharmacy today to see if I have better luck there! Sorry your mom had to cancel her visit!

Month/Cycle: 20

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: IVF - FET

R/R: Well after reading the statistics on Covid-19 yesterday, I'm now drinking the crazy koolaid! I have congenital heart disease and structural issues with my heart and learned that I apparently have one of the highest risks of dying from coronavirus if I get it. I was supposed to be visiting my cousin and TW* (her 3 little girls) this weekend, but I think I'm going to postpone my visit. Not that I think I'm going to catch coronavirus from them, but I could pick up a simple cold from them and that may lead to me missing work and cancelling my cycle out of concerns of it being more than a cold. Still trying to decide what to do. 

CS/Q: Nope

• Month/Cycle: 19/19

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: IVF (hopefully FET still happens)

R/R: We got the email yesterday and, in true form for my company, they basically left it up to individual managers' discretion if you can/should work from home. My boss said yes we all should try to work from home, so I'm set up in my home office and working away. 

My clinic sent me their Covid-19 letter, basically that any and all cycles may be cancelled at their discretion. So we're going to keep my monitoring appointment tomorrow (spoiler, there's not going to be ANY lining :D so I've got some time) and we'll just kind of wait and see. 

CS/Q: Nope

me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• Month/Cycle: 6/10

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPK, Prenatals, frequently DTD. 

R/R:  Finally got a decent nights rest. Just trying to be kind to myself. 

CS/Q: forgot to temp this morning and didn’t temp during my TWW but will start again tomorrow morning. 

• @nordicknit wait- your flight isn't being refunded? Are you at least getting a credit????!!!! 

@dobiemom11 I'm so sorry, friend. I've been there when the number of cycles starts to hurt, sending you so many good thoughts today. <3 

@feather_heather I do not blame you for taking precautions. I think it will suck but cancelling the visit is probably the best thing to do. 

• @nordicknit so sorry to hear about your trip! i suppose its for the best though...your airline wouldnt even give a voucher for future flight?
    @dobiemom11 seriously with the TP!  i was dangerously low and just wanted to buy a "normal person" amount, not a "apocalyptic doomsdayer" amount.  ugh.  enjoy your lazy weekend!
    @feather_heather i definitely try not to buy into hype but i think you are making a fair decision to stay home, especially when you have to be thinking about your cycle.
    @mvt2003 if im reading correctly and your appt is tomorrow, hopefully you will still have the option to go if you choose!
    @allthingscozy i think CD1 should unilaterally be "be kind to yourself day" -- hopefully it continues for you!

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, OPKs

R/R: i think i am going to take this weekend to reorganize my closets and be productive at home.  kindof excited about it but i also want to get DH on board so he goes through his things, which is what is really needed.  very hard to motivate him though.  any ideas?

CS/Q: none

• @inthewoods23 Oh friend. So so so many hugs for you. I am so very proud of you for taking this first step. You have been so brave. I am so hopeful for you that this work you are doing on yourself right now will lead to so many good things in the future. <3 

@allthingscozy Sorry about CD1, plenty of time to start temping though!!!

• @mvt2003 only took the first appointment to prove that yes, I should definitely always have therapy appointments in the afternoon/evening because I would be a hot mess at work otherwise!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23. I had morning appointments, but would always treat myself to something fun for lunch afterward.  Then I would normally just do independent work, so I wouldnt have to see people.  I am so glad that it seemed to go well.  

@asf0613. Let me know what tricks you come up with.  We are moving and there is some things I just need my DH to make a decision about.  Mostly clothes that no longer fit and haven't for years.  I know his weight is a touchy subject, so could be an issue.  
  • @nordicknit ugh this is all craziness!!! I'm sorry you ended up cancelling your trip, but you're right, it's the safest thing to do.

@dobiemom11 that really stinks about your mom cancelling :( I would be bummed about that too, for sure. I stores around here were nuts yesterday too!! I didn't wanna go shopping last night but I felt like I had to!

@feather_heather I agree, it's best to just take these extra precautions right now... especially if you have health risks.

@mvt2003 I'm glad you set up shop to WFH!!! And yes, taking it one day at a time for this FET cycle is all you can do! 

@inthewoods23 I am so happy to hear that you found a therapist that is compatible with you!! I don't like that you cried that much, but I do know it was clearly needed <3

@allthingscozy Love, that's all you need to do right now - is be kind to yourself <3

@asf0613 I love reorganizing closets too!! It's so satisfying haha

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Month/Cycle: 18/15

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: NTNP plus secretly taking mucinex once a day for the next 10 days or so.

R/R: Okay, so I'm still not freaking out about the corona virus but I am starting to stress out about everything. Work told us to WFH effective today until further notice. Schools are closed today for deep cleaning and for a contingency plan meeting. Everyone's freaking out on social media and the news is just adding to all of that hype. I know the virus is serious but people are going NUTS with clearing the food and supplies off of the shelves as if it were the end of the world and they needed to hoard it in their bunkers.

I did go food shopping last night, I go shopping once a week anyway, but I told MH that I think it was time we got somewhat prepared for everyone being quarantined at home for two weeks. Instead of doing shopping for just one week, I did it for like 2 weeks. I just don't know if I over prepared or under prepared, ya know? 

I really can't focus today on anything work related. I'm just struggling to wrap my head around all of this.

CS/Q: 

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 I love the secrecy in taking mucinex lol. Aren't we not supposed to hide things from our husbands though? I wish people would stop making a scene about things being cancelled. Like can we all just settle into staying at home or going out like usual but keeping our distances from each other? I kinda wanna go out and just see how much of a ghost town our area gets, and we don't even have a large number of cases!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 hahaha yes, but little things like this secret won't hurt him teehee!! I mean, it's also not totally secret because the box has been out, but he hasn't said anything and he also would have no idea that I would be taking it for any other reason then being congested lol He has no clue people take it to help with CM  :D  And I agree... Like, if places like restaurants are open, we will still 100% go to them haha especially if it's a chance to just get out of the house. But we'd take extra measures like you said, ya know?
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 once DH is done with his cold and coughing I see a Bonefish Grill date in our future  :D
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 mmmmmm bang bang shrimp!!! We are going out to dinner and to get drinks after tomorrow night and I can't wait!! Also, my birthday is on Wednesday and it better not get cancelled  :D
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 my GF and DF diet doesn't allow for bang bang shrimp :cry: thankfully my usual salmon with mango salsa is diet approved yay!

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @nordicknit I'm sorry about your vacation and not being able to get refunded.  But you're making the right decision.  We're supposed to go see Hamilton in San Francisco next month.  We already have tickets and a hotel, but the show most likely will get cancelled.  I'm so bummed, but understand the reasoning.  It just sucks.

@dobiemom11 I'm sorry about CD1 and your mom canceling her trip.  Did she cancel because of the coronavirus?  It's better to be safe than sorry, but it still sucks.  You can feel your feelings.  Hope the day gets better for you.  Be kind to yourself.  <3

@feather_heather All kinds of things are getting cancelled.  I would err on the side of caution and not go.  Can you reschedule the visit once all the coronavirus worries have died down?

@mvt2003 Oh man, I'm so sorry that there's a chance of your FET being cancelled.  Yay for working from home though!

@allthingscozy So sorry for CD1.  Sending you lots of comforting vibes today.  <3

@inthewoods23 I'm so glad to hear that you had a good thearpy appointment!!  I thought therapy would make me feel like I was crazy, but it's the exact opposite.  It validates you in a way that you realize you're not crazy.  These things really did affect me in a big way.  My friend's therapist uses that same model and I've looked into it a little.  It's really helpful for her and allows her to see the different parts of her and what their intentions are.

@asf0613 Bribe him with sex?  Or a BJ?  lol  But for real, it's so hard to motivate them sometimes.  I have the same issue with MH.  When he is finally in the mood to clean, he will go clean something obscure like the guest room closet.  The sink is piled with dishes and we're in the kitchen every day!  Men. haha Hope you find something that motivates him to help you!

@kpearse99 H and I went grocery shopping yesterday too for our normal weekly run.  We did stock up on meat, but mostly because it was on sale.  Thankfully my area hasn't been hit too hard with all the crazy people buying up everything, but we're in a small town an hour and a half from the closest city.  All the media hype and things going around on social media is really getting to my anxiety, so I'm trying to distant myself from that and focus on the facts.  It's really hard to do!  Hang in there friend.  You're not alone.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: hanky panky

R/R: I went on a run yesterday and finally got a personal best for my 4 miles.  Not my personal best ever, but just since I've started working out again.  I'm still on a walk/run progression, but I can tell I'm getting stronger and faster and I'm starting to run more and walk less.  It's nice seeing some improvement finally!!

H and I went shopping on Wednesday and he let me buy a Coach purse.  One of my mental health issues is spending sprees and I've really been focusing on that the past year in reigning in my spending.  We had the extra money and he wanted to treat me to something I've always wanted since I've been working so hard on my mental health.  I've been having a really hard time with it triggering an intense need to shop and an intense feeling of guilt for spending that much money on one thing.  I have to keep reminding myself that it happened in a different mental state that my past spending sprees.  I only bought one purse, not three.  We had the extra money for it (he had set aside the money specifically for that).  It's just hard to listen to the lies that my brain tries to tell myself.

CS/Q: nope

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz. She would have been flying through three different airports and our airport is a huge international one.  My dad has also been sick with bronchitis for a couple weeks and on steroids.  She just didn't want to catch anything and maybe give it to him.  A respiratory virus on what he already has would end up with him in the hospital.  Plus he works at the hospital so he epically hates if he ends up as a patient there.  

@linzrunz  I am proud of the progress you have made.  You recognized the need for change and been taking steps towards it.  You also picked up on the fact that this event is triggering for you.  Keep it up amazing lady!  

@asf0613. Toilet paper acquired, but we had to go to multiple stores.  My DH was like we should have bought up all the leftovers and then sell them for a bunch. We also saw people leaving with lots of paper towels in case things get really desperate.  DH decided we should invest in plumbers and diaper rash cream as a result.  

• @linzrunz ahh i wish that bribery would work--it would work on me!  but youre SO right about the obscurity.  he will decide to clean like a nook of the bar or something instead of what is really needed.
    PS-i hope you enjoy that purse as a symbol of your progress, not a reminder of your past *internet hugs*
  • @dobiemom11 speaking of people with obscure investments that are killing it right now--i think i read that soulja boy had invested in a soap company years ago and profits are now through the roof!   so on that note, i think diaper rash cream and plumbers sound perfect!!
  • @linzrunz WTG on the personal best! That's so sweet that YH let you get a Coach purse. I asked DH to read the article my therapist gave me (mostly just so he could understand what I'd be doing) and he's like "I just have Managers and Firefighters, no Exiles". Well no shit, obviously I do hence why I'm in therapy now.  :D He's pretty clearly a person who doesn't see an issue, therefore, an issue doesn't exist. He lacks empathy. I also asked him to come with me sometime to a session and he poo-pooed that idea, but said he maybe would once I've been to quite a few. Obviously once we really get into things, I think my therapist may want to hear from him. They way I see it, I won't get fully better unless he's completely on board and understands how his actions affect me. Right now I think he just sees it as a "me" issue. Obviously there's lots of work to be done and I think I'm doing a pretty good job not jumping ahead or feeling like things are moving too slow. I understand it will take time.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause