October 2020 Moms

Randoms: Week of 3/9 to 3/15

2»

Re: Randoms: Week of 3/9 to 3/15

• I like the weekly idea better than daily so you get clustered more with people in the same stage of pregnancy. Obviously none of us are too far apart, but I have more in common with someone 6 wks pregnant than 10 wks, ya know?
  • @AB518 yes!  Plus you get that nice discount code towards the end.   And now they’re also offering 20% off diapers for a year if you buy 500 dollars worth of stuff from your registry!  That’s a great discount!  
  • Loading the player...
  • I also like the weekly check-in idea
  • How would the weekly check in be split up? Like Monday 1st week, Tuesday 2nd week, etc? Or just start them all at the beginning of each week? I like this idea too, I just want to clarify!
  • AB518AB518 member
    @carrotsandpeas3  The weekly check-in usually has all of the check-ins posted on Monday.  For our month, there would be 4 groups:  Week 1 & 2 (due dates: 10/1-10), Week 3 (due dates: 10/11-17), Week 4 (due dates: 10/18-24), Week 5 (due dates: 10/25-31).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree, I think weekly would be better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a boy name picked, but if it’s a girl we are going to really struggle. It was so hard to name DD2 and I just don’t like anything! 

I had my first appointment yesterday. No ultrasound 😭 but they referred me to MFM and genetics due to my history so I’ll get one soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
  • Unpopular opinion, I think there's few enough of us to just do a check in and not split up.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • @anitamargarita_82 I did the same thing—create a registry that is more like a personal shopping list. Really, it’s just for the welcome box and the completion discount. :)
  • I ended up getting sick...it's so miserable when you're pregnant and can't take any useful meds. H passed it over to me of course and I've been pretty miserable. I'm taking the day off tomorrow to rest and hoping I feel better!! I'm supposed to go for my Nipt and bloodwork tomorrow so I hope that can still happen.
  • @morethanamama I hope you are feeling better! 

I’m all for doing weekly check ins if someone wants to get that started 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• I can start the weekly check ins. Okay with me doing it today even though midweek? Or should we wait until Monday? I ask because I was Wednesday Ticker Change before so will start that if we are waiting until next week.
  • @carrotsandpeas3, maybe we could start it today just to get it going and use that check in for the next week and a half? Then go to weekly 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• Okay done! I used the same GTKY question for all, and I guess we don't necessarily need to keep the # weeks pregnant in it, but I figure those kinks will get worked out as we go. I also threw the Oct 29-31 together with week 4. 
  • I had a reaction to my progesterone injection this morning  :/  I messaged my nurse and she said maybe this could be my last day, since I only have two days left anyway. She is going to talk to the dr and call me back- please cross your fingers that I can either be done or just suffer through the last two days, because the alternative is a suppository and I'm not about that life!
  • I have one insane work week and come back and there's so much new on this board! Time to catch up. Sorry in advance for the spam 

@themoonandme suppositories are the worst! FX you're done and your reaction goes away asap
    @morethanamama being sick while pregnant is the worst! I hope you feel better soon!
    @everyone Weekly groups makes more sense to me because I know me at almost 11 weeks feels so much better than a poster at 7 weeks.
  • My boss asked me why I looked like I got hit by a truck today. I just shrugged and told him I felt like I got hit by a truck. I think I set off his COVID radar, but it's definitely not that!

@dolewhipper welcome back! Hope your work has calmed down a bit!
  • Thanks ladies! My throat is much better and I have energy! But, as of today I also have pink eye or whatever eye thing my son has😂 his eyes are much better after a day of eye drops, but of course my ob told me I cannot take them and told me to ask my general doctor for a suitable prescription. Doctor's assistant said to ask the OB. I insisted and said NO the OB told me to ask YOU. why would I want to go back to urgent care when I'm still sick and potentially spreading more sickness, plus pregnant? You'll hear me saying this time and time again but man I hate healthcare. I know a lot of you work in the field and I'm sure you are all amazing but this is the straw breaking the camel's back for me, I need a new GP for sure. Ugh!
  • @dolewhipper welcome back, and I hope you get a break from work craziness
  • @morethanamama that’s so frustrating! Hopefully you were able to get something prescribed. Pink eye is no joke. 

Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• My kid's school was just cancelled for coronavirus which means they'll probably also cancel his play. These kids have worked so hard - literal blood, sweat, and tears - and while I agree with the decision, I am heartbroken for them. And my work is possibly shutting down services because our partners get to make that call, and they aren't thinking it through. We provide social services to low income people and they will be without access to food and services if we shut down. Not to mention my staff is hourly and they all live paycheck to paycheck. 

Anyone else starting to feel the effects of coronavirus?
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • I work for a prison.  My patients don't go anywhere, so I'm still coming to work. They did just cancel visits from inmate families for an undetermined period of time because of COVID.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• I am now officially on spring break! Needed a break from those kiddos...

Going to spend this week cleaning out the spare room that is now our nursery :) and we will be announcing to family next Wednesday! I’m just hoping they don’t extend our spring break because of COVID-19... I don’t want to have to make days up in the summer. Especially now that I’m pregnant 😫
  • @mamahosch they’ve shut all of the schools down for 6 weeks out here where I live.   Crazy!  These kids might as well have no summer vacation. 
  • I ended up going back to urgent care last night because my husband still had a bad sore throat. So I decided since my doctor told me to 'observe it" that I needed to get something prescribed. It was easy peasy at urgent care, they were amazing and there was no one there. My husband's sore throat is viral so nothing else can help, they ran cultures again and everything is negative. 

I have been better and fever free so I got my NIPT and blood tests done today, so I don't have to go back into a health care facility. Trader Joe's was a crazy mess today so I stocked up some more and decided to never set foot in there for a couple of weeks. My small company is officially 💯 remote and they are testing stuff at my husband's company so it's coming. Ugh, I just pray we can still have our nanny... 
  • My state just cancelled school for three weeks starting Monday. This next week is my districts spring break which I will spend teaching myself how to use the program to teach 6 year old online. Half my students don’t even have WiFi. 
  • I work in an ER and everything is turned upside down. The amount of screening we are doing on every cough or sore throat, the influx of people afraid they're infected, etc is overwhelming. I've never felt so exhausted after my shifts. My state also just cancelled for three weeks starting Monday and I have no clue how to balance mandates at the hospital with 3 LOs out of school. 
  • We're home for two days so our school can be cleaned (DD is also home today), but we're putting together remote teaching plans just in case Mass decides to close schools. 
  • KurtniKurtni member
    edited March 2020
    @BLuvsE I felt it tremendously at work today. I must have canceled $40,000 worth of reservations in about 3 hours. We are an independent hotel so that’s a devastating loss and just the beginning. I really think we may close for the rest of March and I’m worried about my employees. Our schools are also talking about extending Spring break. A huge percentage of students receive free lunch and breakfast so that’s going to be socially devastating too. 

@smalltown_squirrel Childcare is a nightmare right now for people who can’t work remotely. Daycares are closing too, there is just no where for all these kids to go. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kurtni unfortunately this is pointing out the weakness of the US system in times like these :(
  • We’re closed for a week and my DD is home for two weeks. Everything is being cancelled and it’s emotionally draining. Explaining to my DD that all of these events she’s been looking forward to are canceled or might be just rips my heart out.
  • @morethanamama It really is highlighting how unprepared we are and what a delicate system we have in place. :( If I could divulge the current process in most ERs...you would be horrified. Social distancing will be the only thing that may keep us from infection rates like you see in Italy. I really thought my employer would be doing more to isolate this and slow the spread, but it's not happening. I've never been more embarrassed to work in healthcare.
  • I hate to say it but bought a small stockpile this morning.   I live in the epicenter of the virus and things are becoming very hard to find.   I went to our commissary this morning and stocked up.  I bought all of the pulls ups they had in my DD size. Also managed to get Lysol wipes!  I bought 3-4 times the normal amount of groceries I usually do as well.  My husband needs to start taking his lunch to work instead of going out and buying it everyday.   And they’re starting to and mostly going to shut down all military day care centers as least Navy wise which means I’ll be home with my little girl until they re-open them.  I’m ready for that as well.  I’ve got a brand new bubble machine.  About 3 gallons of bubble solution and lots of arts and crafts to do.  Plus we can still do walks and she can ride her tricycle up and down the driveway. 
  • I've had a craving for a Hot Dog for 2 weeks from Costco.  It's too crazy in there lately 🤦‍♀️
  • @anitamargarita_82 I'm glad you were able to prepare and stock up. I tried to too, I ordered groceries plus extra staples and some bleach wipes, some produce etc on Friday morning, they couldn't fulfill my order until today and all they had was 1/4 of what I ordered. ALL the vegetables were gone. Chicken, gone. No bleach wipes, no vitamin C, no staples. Nothing. They basically gave me gochujang and pasta. 
    Walmart was just as bad. What makes me angry is there's only been two cases in Denver so far, but the virus is raging through the stupid ski resorts because of course nobody can just stay home and be safe. So my immunocompromised SO had to go grocery shopping last minute because he didn't want me doing it. 
    I don't know how we're going to find food if this nonsense lasts until May. I'm so overwhelmed and stressed out. 
  • So I'm still at work (healthcare) and my daughter is still in daycare and my anxiety is so through the roof about it all. I can barely sleep and am struggling to get work done. I snapped at DH this morning and have had very little patience with DD. I know it's a combo of pregnancy, sleep deprivation, and anxiety that is making me feel and act this way, but I really hate it.
  • Also healthcare, so also at work.  Half of the inmates are frustrated with the new restrictions, the other half are scared and taking it seriously.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @Kurtni while I don’t work for an independent hotel, I do the sales/events for a branded hotel and things have changed so drastically with cancellations of everything we have going on and are running so bare bones! I was doing ok and rolling with everything Until I found out today one of our sister properties is making managers go to a 4 day work week and started laying some people off. Ugh! Thinking of you and your hotel during this difficult time. I really hope this smoothes over very fast!!