October 2020 Moms

Randoms: Week of 3/9 to 3/15

I scored a copy of the Complete Organic Pregnancy at a library book sale this weekend (bag of books for $5 - whoo!). 

Re: Randoms: Week of 3/9 to 3/15

• Costco stopped giving out free samples due to coronavirus. I get it, but damn I was so hungry walking in there and bummed there weren't any samples.
  • @tdevlindrye same!  My Costco stopped like 2 weeks ago.  I was heart broken 😩
  • Loading the player...
  • @tdevlindrye omg that’s so sad! That’s the best part about Costco! 

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• We always talk names starting day one because I’m obsessed. If this one is a girl I actually think we already have a name picked out amazingly but if it’s a boy we haven’t came up with a damn thing. 
  • @profmcgonagall my husband and I have discussed names briefly, but I mostly think of them in my head for right now. I keep thinking of boy names I like, but haven't really settled on anything for a girl. 
  • @profmcgonagall I didn't see here but another private app community that I'm on just created their November buddy group and it was the best feeling! 
    We've started talking about names a little already, because it took us almost the entire 9 months last time to find one name we liked, we never found a boy name, just a girl and we ended up having a girl so that was lucky. Yesterday we unexpectedly just found the perfect name soo onto middle name options and then a boy's name. Also there's 30+ weeks left so who knows whether we'll change our minds lol. 
  • Also, total rave here.. but I found popsicles that are actual tart cherry like the Montmorency cherries I remember from my childhood and I'm way too excited and obsessed because they're the holy grail for nausea right now. 
  • @kalesix3 those sound awesome! I might have to get some popsicles this week 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall we were down to two girl names until my daughter was literally born, so will probably use the other name (bc it was the one DH preferred) if we have another girl. I wasn't in love with our boy name last time though (we were team green), so I have to try to convince DH to consider a different one. Will probably wait until later in pregnancy to work on him though. He's much more easy to convince when I'm a miserable, enormous human being because he feels bad for me. Gotta use my advantage. 😝
  • @JLaVO888, I’m the exact opposite. We have our boy name picked but not girl. My guess is this baby is a boy though so maybe I won’t have to come up with one. @carrotsandpeas3, I’ve never kept names I had picked from previous pregnancies. For some reason, I don’t like them again. That would be awesome if you can use the other girl name and I hope your husband is open to more boy names!
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall I can totally understand not reusing names in a different pregnancy. I guess that's sort of how I feel about our boy name.  The girl name we have "leftover" was the girl name DH and I had talked about for years, well before we were pregnant the first time. I talked him into a different name last minute, so I feel like I kind of owe it to him? Plus, I do still really like the name, it just didn't feel right last time.
  • I desperately need to find a skincare routine that involves more than just washing my face but there are sooo many options. 
    I'm flying on Friday and so looking forward to the time alone, even if I'll be sitting around a bunch of strangers. I'm going to download some episodes of Schitt's Creek and get myself a huge coffee before we board and then just revel in the quiet without anyone poking me or asking to share my food.
  • @profmcgonagall I have been feeling girl vibes this time and have had dreams about it and ironically we have the perfect name picked for a girl. I also have a backup but it's becoming very popular so not sure about that. We recently discovered a boy name we like but boy names are SO HARD. We are still fumbling on whether or not we will both be team green too which makes the process a bit more complicated. At least we have a nickname for the baby at the moment, so that helps with all the confusion!

The plague has hit our house. DS has a mild case of pink eye, his cold got better but is now back (mild, but there) and he had a fever of 100 yesterday, 99.5 today. MH is home from work and it took convincing but he has a fever too (about 100) and a cold. He has 4 WEEKS of paid sick time that he has accrued so yeah, use the damn sick time and don't spread germs! And the dad from the family we nanny with has pink eye in both eyes...so yeah, it's been a FUN morning. Due to DST I woke up late and had to rush through meetings while still in my PJs! I need time to stop! Thankful for our nanny who is watching both kids (DS+girl we nanny with) and is still super healthy. Hoping the rain we are expecting this week clears the air quality and some of the germs!
  • @morethanamama I'm hoping I get those same vibes and dreams again this time, I love baby dreams! 
    @smalltown_squirrel aw that's the sweetest thing!! I'm glad you have a work friend to make thing a little easier! 
  • @ProfessorMcGonagall We have our names chosen, and we’re team green. It’s going to be a long 7 months til we know which it will be!
  • We’re team green and I like the idea of having one name picked out that could go either way. We have a list of those, but most of them I like way more if they’re for a girl than if they’re for a boy. It’s hard to come up with boy names I like!
  • @profmcgonagall I’m feeling girl 100% this time so I haven’t even felt the need or desire to go through boy names. 

Our girl name that we do like is not either of our top girl names from last pregnancy with DS.
  • I have a running list of girl names I’ve been keeping in my phone for years.   Every time I hear something I like I put it on my list.  My husband made a deal with me that I can pick the girl names but he’s in charge of boy names.  I already know we’re going to have a real hard time if it’s a boy.  I can’t stand his boy name.   William Steven 🤮.  William isn’t great but he wants to call him Liam which isn’t even close to anything I want to name my son.  And Steven is his dad.   His dad is on his 3rd wife whom he was seeing while divorcing his second wife last year. And there’s a few other reasons I don’t want our baby named after him. So it’s gonna be a bumpy road if it’s a boy 😩
  • We've had a girl name (first and middle) picked since before I got pregnant. It's not one we considered with DD, none of our runner up names from then feel right anymore.

Boy is tough. I don't like anything. The few I do like I have slight reservations on or DH doesn't like them. And I don't like the names DH likes. Yay.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • When we had our son we found out he was a boy and we already had a boy name picked out from before we got married. It’s so much harder this time! We are team green and have a few ideas, but nothing that I’m 100% sure of yet. We had a name I liked, but then a friend named her son that so one less name on the list. 
  • It was so easy to name our oldest and I had to fight tooth and nail for the name of our second. Basically just started calling him by name every time I talked about him and then DS1 started calling him that too so H had no choice but to give in 🤣. We are fresh out of boy names though so this baby better be a girl! Otherwise he will be nameless.

I have a gut boy feeling though. Had the same with #2 and he was a boy. Anyone else just have a feeling?
  • I just started throwing out boy names tonight from a list and DH and I actually found one we both really like! I can’t even believe it. We looked at boy names for a million years for DS.
  • I have a girly feeling and a girly name which is what happened with both of my first two and I was right. They even told us at an ultrasound my son was a girl and I didn't trust them and made them check again. I was right. 

Our middle name is settled either way. My cousin and my husband's grandmother are Louis/Louise and both passed recently. We were each close to them so that will be our middle name either way. I have a girl name and we keep going in circles about a boy.

@anitamargarita_82 splitting naming duties isn't going to end well for one of you. With all due respect, y'all both need to agree no matter what the kid's sex is. I know too many kids who have one parent that didn't like their name and they found out at some point and it messed with their heads. Your name is part of your identity and finding out one of your parents didn't like it can be troubling.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • @BLuvsE so crazy that you questioned the US and we’re correct! I had strong feelings with both of my last two and was correct as well. So I’m pretty sold on this one being a girl since that was my very first gut feeling. 

DH and I have a bet going. We keep adding money to a mason jar and winner gets to take all. There’s about 200 bucks in there already. Anytime he wants to up the bet I’m all in haha! We share and split our money (even birthday money) in everything we do so it’s going to be odd when I have all this cash that’s just mine! 
  • Glad to know we aren’t the only ones thinking about names already. We have a few names were thinking about. We’ll probably keep it to ourselves until the baby is born. That we can avoid people’s unwanted opinions. 
  • @BLuvsE I know!  We were 100% agreeable with our little girls name but if it’s a boy it’s going to be bad.   But if history is any indication of what this baby will be it’s a girl.  My husband and his brothers have all only had little girls.  My husband has a grown 21 year old daughter from a previous marriage as well.  I haven’t really been entertaining names yet until I see the a heartbeat.  I have two girl names I’ve loved forever and then they were ruined by a princess (Charlotte) and a troll (Poppy) 😩😆.  
  • This is making me so glad that I don't have to name this baby 😂
  • So the 4 week work trip my DH was supposed to take next week (my WTF from last Wednesday) has been cancelled due to COVID. Sound great EXCEPT they will now expect him to make up the trip within the next year. They sent him a list of possible dates and only 2 of the 6 are before my due date. And he has almost no say on which date gets selected. I'm so irritated. I literally planned my life (and family planning!) around this trip and now who knows what will happen. 
  • @carrotsandpeas3 that sounds terrible. Eventually companies are going to realize unemployment is low and their employees have other options. Maybe then they'll stop jerking people around. 

On another note, I just saw the DECEMBER 2020 board. Anyone else? 
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @BLuvsE, Yes! I did see that. It’s way too early though right? 
    Maybe they just wanted to go ahead and get it done 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @BLuvsE he is a medical resident so at the complete mercy of his employer/program unfortunately. It's really such a compromising position to be in!
  • I have had a girl name picked out forever that will 100% be vetoed by my husband because it’s super old fashioned. We haven’t talked to each other about names yet, I want to know the sex before we start debating names. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @carrotsandpeas3 all I know about medical residency I learned from Grey's. 🤦
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @BLuvsE accurate. Besides all the fun, sexy parts. So really not accurate at all. 😝
  • AB518AB518 member
    @anitamargarita_82  I'm also going to make an Amazon registry to basically use as a shopping list for myself.  The welcome box is just a nice little bonus!

Should we start doing weekly check-ins by the week that we are due instead of the daily ticker change?  I don't think that anybody felt too strongly about it when the board started.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AB518 I agree on weekly check ins by week!