Pregnant after IF
Options

No idea how this happened.....

Hello!  Long story short:  In 2013 a laprascopy revealed I had hydrosalpinx in my R tube and a very damaged L tube (fimbria phimosa, meaning clubbed, non-functioning fimbria).  My doctor removed the R tube but left the L tube.  At the time I was also diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve.  After years of IVF (and, haven't been on birth control since 2012!) I finally had a baby last year.  I'm now 39.  Come to find out last week I somehow managed to get pregnant naturally, am 6 weeks along, and confirmed with a small flicker heartbeat on the U/S.  I am baffled how this happened!  We weren't planning on having any more children because I have 2 step kids, one of which has ADHD, we deal with a lot of conflict from my husband's ex, and we can barely manage running 3 kids around as it is.  So, aside from being baffled, I'm confused and unfortunately not happy when I should be.

That all being said, does anyone out there know someone who this has happened to?  How is it possible that an egg made its way successfully down that tube??!!  
And, can anyone speak to the step-children scenario and help me with why I'm not happy about this?  I know the kids will not be happy to hear of this pregnancy, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.  Any help?
Pregnancy Ticker
IVF baby girl born 7/2018  <3
TTC 2013. FET 11/17 - BFP after attempt #6!

Re: No idea how this happened.....

• Options
    Thanks for your reply.  I get it, it took me a long time struggling with infertility to conceive and it was a heartbreaking journey.  My intent wasn't to offend or rub in anyone's face; I was moreso hoping to find someone with a similar situation and maybe what their outcome was.  At any point this pregnancy could go any direction considering my poor AMH levels....I was just hoping to find someone to talk to who may be able to relate.
    The doctors told me there was no correction to my tube problem.  So, I'm not sure how to proceed with that.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    IVF baby girl born 7/2018  <3
    TTC 2013. FET 11/17 - BFP after attempt #6!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey girl. Just wanted to pop in and say that I 100% get it. I'm new to the boards and struggled with infertility for the past 11 years. Tonight...I got a BFP.

The real ironic part is that I had accepted that it wasn't in the cards for us and wasn't going to happen. I was "over it" and it had FINALLY stopped hurting everytime I saw a newborn or had another friend/aquaintance announce their pregnancy. I was good. I had moved on to running a successful business and felt fulfilled and happy. My stepdaughter is currently 6 months pregnant with our first grandchild. (I'm 35, DH is 47) We had life figured out!

Well...life has a damn sense of humor! We'd recently been dealing with some ED/erectile issues and our sex life hasn't been what it normally had...so we literally have been having sex extremely infrequently and even then, he's only semi-erect. So I can't help but maniacally laugh at this turn of events. Lol

Seriously????? 11 YEARS...9 of which, we tried everything short of IVF because we couldn't afford it with no guarantees. The last few years, we stopped trying but weren't preventing because....WHY WOULD WE NEED TO???? Lol 

So yeah. I get my BFP tonight and my first thought isn't "OMG! I'M SO EXCITED!" but more "OMG! WHAT NOW????" lol

It's ok. I think it's totally ok to freak out and panic and wonder what the heck we're doing. Your feelings are your own and you shouldn't have to feel guilty about them. You are most definitely NOT alone, either. ♡