1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• AB518AB518 member
    edited February 2020
    @babylavender2020  The placement of the line seems off, but I used a FRER and my second line was in the same spot as your test.  I have also tested positive with other brands.  I'm hoping that you were able to confirm with a retest.

*edited a typo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ttcbabyodo yes girl yes!! I shall give you the Jurassic Park treatment 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ttcbabyodo That doesn’t look too different from my 11 dpo and I turned a First Response digital later that day and a Clear Blue digital at 14 dpo. Keep testing. That looks promising. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @ttcbabyodo no you’re totally fine! If I remember right, mine took a few days to get dramatically darker. Don’t obsess though. I had to stop myself. I was convinced after our MC that this Wouldn’t  end well, and now I’m almost 31 weeks along. Take a few more, call your doctor, and take a deep breath! Congratulations! 
  • So happy for you @ttcbabyodo! Can't wait to see your October intro. ❤❤
  • @ttcbabyodo <3<3<3 can't wait to stalk you in Oct20!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• Congrats!! @ttcbabyodo
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @ttcbabyodo. I was looking for you over in TTW to see what your final result was!  But it looks pretty good to me!  Congrats and best of luck!!  
  • Hi friends! Ultimate "I have no chill" post. I did a medicated cycle with Novarel trigger on CD14. I am 13dpo (13 days after the trigger) and I should have waited another day, but seriously couldn't help myself (and I did 100% believe I would have a negative test) - what I got was very clearly not negative. I guess, my first concern is that I should just wait until tomorrow to test again because it may be a false positive? But, then again I don't know how the test would go from that dark to nothing in 24-hours. I'm really fearful that this is a CP and I don't want to alert DH until I know for sure I'm actually PG and not just acting like a neurotic mess (per usual). Not sure if this post is appropriate for this board, if it's not - let me know and I'll remove.

• @laurenmicheley I got my positive 12 days post trigger (10,000) but it was very faint and I didn’t know if it was real or the trigger. The next morning the line was darker and your line looks pretty dark! FX for you! 
  • Ladies what do you think? Positive or evap? 
  • I was in here last month and thought maybe I got a positive but af showed up 😔. I'm back this month and confused again lol. I know blue dyes have a terrible reputation but they didn't have any frer at my Walmart 🙄. I bought their blue eye not really expecting a positive and this showed up.within the 3 minutes. I also have lots of pregmate tests and saw the faintest of lines. Both tested with the same sample. Thoughts and input? Anyone use either test with good outcome? Thank you ladies! 
  • @babylavender2020 At least this month the line placement looks right! They both look very light, but I see lines on both. Do you know how many DPO you are? I think your best bet is to wait a full 24-hours and retest with FMU. I've never had a problem with that Walmart brand. FX for you.
  • Looks positive to me! My first line was very faint (fainter than yours) and got darker over the next 5 days. It was so faint I didn't trust it enough to tell DH and threw it away. Tested the next day and it was still faint but definitely there. I agree with the rec to wait 24 hours and test again with fmu.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • @babylavender2020 seeing the faint lines on both! I would probably wait a day or two and test again! Good luck!
  • I did first response and I knew it was positive because the line had color. The two frer were taken 4 hours apart
  • In my experience, 1 blurred line and another very clear in red. I took another one and gave me another positive result but both lines are clear. If you are seeing 2 lines whether the other is a pale pink and the other is red, go and get another pregnancy test. If you are already 8 weeks delayed, you better see a doctor and you will be able to confirm by ultrasound. 
  • Congratulations!!! I am super excited to see you carrying that cute baby, take care of yourself too! 
  • Those are positive. Yay!!! It helped me to Google pictures of positive tests. I didn't get a test with the test line as dark as the control until almost 6weeks pregnant.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Update! Been getting darker and darker tests. It appears those faint lines were legit. 
  • cristiana3422cristiana3422 Newbie
    edited March 2020
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • kiki75kiki75 member
    edited March 2020
    **Removed for Quoting TOU Violation**
    This person (“just joined”) makes a compelling case for bringing back the 3-day waiting period to post. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Sounds super legit. A doctor with a gmail address is definitely one you can trust :smirk:
  • @krystrist2014 yay!!!! ❤ congrats! Come join us in November!
  • FRER at 10dpo
  • This was so mee. I woke up took 3 dollar store test, all showed to very visible pink lines, I later brought another generic Walmart test a week later before my scheduled doctors appointment to make sure I was still pregnant.. 

my very first child child and I was scared and wanted to make sure my baby was still there 
    me too
  • I was supposed to start clomid on cd5-9 but AF never came. I took a test 2 days ago with FMU and never looked at it again (working 10hr shifts and has to be up early, I totally forgot to check it), I came home and there were two lines on the test. (I know your not supposed to read them past the time limit but the line was there and wasn’t a squinter) I had two more dollar store cheapies so I decided to take one right then and there. The line came up blazing positive and within three minutes.. I couldn’t believe it. I took another test early in the morning around 3:45am because I had to go and didn’t want to screw it up by going then and then going a few hours later. The line was faint but visible. I didn’t have to squint to see it or hold it up to the light. I was confused as to why the one I previously took was darker then this one but chalked it up to not holding my urine as long as I would have if I was at work. The next morning I decided to do another and it was a BFN. I did a digital today and BFN. Frers are also BFN.. I did call my doctor right away when I found out and they don’t do blood tests, she said if I wanted one to be extra sure I could but advised it’s not a wise time to get one with the virus and I couldn’t agree more.. has this happened to anyone else and have you gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I’m starting to think it was a chemical but maybe I am testing to early. But if that’s the case why was it positive?
    i have attached pictures of the three I took. The top is the one that I took at 5am and it sat all day, the middle is the one that sparked me to take another test and the bottom is the one I took at 3:45am the next day...