November 2020 Moms

Check-in 03/09/20-03/15/20

Let's start with the weekly check ins! Making this one general and as people join and the weeks go we can split into groups.

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring?

**Stolen from September 2020**

Re: Check-in 03/09/20-03/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • @mimser I’m still going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I’ve cut out most ab work, but I did look up some pregnancy-safe core workouts on YouTube. They say not to lay on your back or do any crunch-type moves that compress the abdomen. I think it wouldn’t hurt this early on but I figure I might as well get out of the habit of those type of exercises. I’m not pushing myself as hard since I’m no longer really trying to tone up, you know? I’m mostly doing the elliptical for cardio. I feel like it really helps my energy level at this point. Just hope I can keep it up as the fatigue and nausea start really kicking in. 
  • @mimser

So I had a laparoscopy back in November and haven’t really gotten back into a good routine since. But I used to run and since I haven’t gotten back into it, I’m not at this point since it’s been a few months. 

I heard in general to stay off your back past the first trimester. 

We just got a Peloton so I intend to do a lot of that with some yoga and strength. 

I will say I get worn out pretty easily so I’m just listening to my body for how far I can go. 
  • @kitkatz1990 @joyfulone86 I've also maintained most of my routine (3 days in the gym +pilates,barre and yoga), I try to have at least one rest day. I also modify the core exercises, but I still do some but when it starts to feel intense I modify.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6ish 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green. We were team green with our first too 

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: dating US 3/23

How are you feeling? Actually just recovering from a stomach bug and took the day off work. 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: DS is 13 months (21 months when baby comes) , we plan to keep the baby in our room until 6ish months but I'm not sure when to make the switch for him

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Pasta salad or iced tea
  • EDD/weeks+days:  Nov 1 by my LMP, 7w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: undecided so far (I have decided the baby's room will be green with jungle stuff though)

Baby is the size of a(n): kidney bean 

Upcoming appointments: Mar 13 for my first ultrasound, Mar 16 for my 2nd GP check-up

How are you feeling? Exhausted and more nauseous every day, and my boobs are so achy and heavy.  And constantly crampy.  Not bad but always there.

Raves/Rants: My SO and I booked a weekend getaway at the end of February, just before we got our good news.  I just got back from a weekend of what was supposed to be brewery tours, wine tastings, and lots of fresh seafood.  Not nearly as fun watching other people drink and eat all the raw sushi.  I did cheat a tiny bit, had a couple sips of wine and beer and a few pieces of raw sushi but felt stupidly guilty each whole time.

Questions: Do the cramps ever end?  

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Steaks and something tasty to drink.
  • @mimser People are so annoying with the drinking thing... 🙄 As for exercise - I do Momma Strong, so I just switched to the Momma-To-Be program. I highly recommend it!
    @Ecat504 Sorry about your SO. MH wasn't as excited as I had hoped with our first baby, but he was mostly just nervous and uncertain (*TW* especially because of our history of MC */TW*). This time he is way more excited because he knows what's coming. 
    @knottie Welcome! Be sure to check out the post titled "If your name starts with knottie" so you can change your SN and we can get to know you. Also, don't forget to introduce yourself on the "Introductions" thread.
    @joyfulone86 I'm so jealous of your early scan!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @ksdelong20 which bump group were you in the first time? I was in Jan 19. My munchkin was born 1/18.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5.5 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: hoping to be team green and not finding out.

Baby is the size of a(n): orange see

Upcoming appointments: first sono next monday!

How are you feeling? Emotional, my pelvis is already starting to feel like its stretching which is crazy, super tender nipples. Also, on constant worry until I see that first ultrasound.

Raves/Rants: I wanted to drink hibiscus tea yet again to find out another thing I cant enjoy while prego. And I miss hot baths.

Questions: 

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Dump cake, sounds weird tastes amazing maybe a texas sheet cake to represent Texas :)
  • @hedgepig I have had crazy dreams every night too!! I forgot that can be a symptom. So weird.
  • EDD/weeks+days: ~11/11... 4W5D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out for sure. 

Baby is the size of a(n): round sprinkle on a cup cake!

Upcoming appointments: just saw my PCP today (not pregnancy related but he kindly confirmed for me). Initial GP 3/20 and first US 4/1! 

How are you feeling? Crampy (I think gas related), sore boobs, and sooooo thirsty all the time. I get dry mouth so fast as of this weekend. 

Raves/Rants: It’s so hard to keep such good news a secret! Trying to relish in it being a secret between just my DH and I but I’m excited to tell our parents - lil sprinkle will be the first grand baby on his side!

Questions: Should I feel guilty if I have a single cup of coffee 2-3x a week? My sweet hubs bought me a coffee bean subscription for my birthday and I still really want to utilize it. I still have 3 months of it left I think. 

I’d bring pigs in a blanket or Hawaiian sliders!!!
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • @angela444 I sure hope they do! Such a small annoyance!

@mimser I’m still working out regularly like I had been - 6days/week, 5 of which are weight lifting and strength and 1 is HIIT. It is my understanding that since I was doing it pre-pregnancy, my body can handle it during pregnancy. I haven’t had to modify anything yet except that I was super tired this morning (no pre-workout anymore) so I started off slower and with lighter weight. 
    Me: 27 DH: 30
    Started dating: 10/2010 ;; Married 10/2017
    Started TTC: 10/2019
    BFP: 12/20/19 ;; MC: 12/24/19
    BFP: 3/5/20 ;; EDD: 11/11/20
  • @lovelee3 I usually see the recommendation of limiting yourself to 200 mg of caffeine a day, which means you can totally drink a cup of coffee everyday if you want! 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• potofgoldenpotofgolden member
    edited March 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 11/11 4weeks5days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: April 2nd first appt

How are you feeling? super bloated and an emotional wreck

Raves/Rants: I can’t find an OB that will get me in any sooner since I am a new patient. My last pregnancy I was on progesterone during my 1st trimester. I’m not sure if thats why it was a successful pregnancy, but I know I was relieved to feel I was doing something to help prevent another M/C. My old OB is a 4 hour drive away, but it maybe my only option.

Questions: Who else has or is having kids a short time apart?

GTKY: If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? My husband makes some of the best pork spare ribs in the world.. trophy to prove it!

Edited formatting
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 8th / 5w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: waiting for first ob appt

How are you feeling? Tired, and sore breast

Raves/Rants: No one noticed I didn’t have alcohol in my cup for my step dads party this weekend 

Questions: for those finding out gender, will you be having a gender reveal ? 

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Either my macaroni salad or easy and simple burgers n buns lol 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11/2  / 6 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): pea 😍

Upcoming appointments: initial intake is this week 

How are you feeling? All of them. Insomnia, nausea, emotional...they seem to come in waves. 

Raves/Rants: I just want to tell my family already. I need the support either way dang it.  DH’s request that drives me nuts. 

Questions: Seriously where do you buy cute maternity clothes. I don’t want voluntarily buy mom jeans. 

Bring? Beer. I would bring all the beer.  Apparently that’s something I’m DYING for. And club soda w/ juice for any non drinking people. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 6 / 5 +4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed

Upcoming appointments: OB nurse appt 4/1 - OB and U/S 4/7

How are you feeling? Mostly great with some waves of queasiness. Waves of fatigue

Raves/Rants: none :)

Questions: nada 

Man, that's tough. I would bring some sort of super yummy cold street corn salad I think!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
     mama. epicurean. plant lover. wine enthusiast.
  • @lovelee3 I drank 2 cups everyday (OB approved) with DS, and I've toned it down to one a day with this pregnancy. I DARE someone to side-eye me or take my one cup a day away - they can pry it from my cold, dead fingers!

all to say - enjoy your coffee bean subscription girl, and don't feel bad about it!
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
  • @mami2almost4babies

We are definitely having a gender reveal! We’ve waited 6 years for this!  :D
  • EDD/weeks+days: 6 weeks 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Finding Out for sure! And thinking of doing the whole gender reveal party this time!

Baby is the size of a(n): today was a dried corn kernel 🤣

Upcoming appointments: today! It’s my initial intake appointment 

How are you feeling? I feel pretty good! Some tiredness and nausea at random times, but nothing crazy. I’m an avid fitness person and work out 5-7 days a week and I’m happy I’ve been able to keep up so far. 

Raves/Rants: cramping and spotting. My DD was a surprise and I didn’t find out until 10 weeks because what I’m experiencing now I assumed was a light period. So I know it’s normal for my body, it’s just annoying that my body does it to me. 

Questions: none at this time! 

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Hmm great question! Probably this awesome corn salsa I make or a dessert because I’m a sucker for sweets lol, so brownies or Jewish Apple Cake 
  • @1MommyRunner
    im a 3rd time mama too! and yes, grilled corn on the cob is the bees knees.
    me 32 | dh 45
    married <3 11.11.17
  • Pasta salad seems to be a favorite...now I could really have some...
  • @name1109 I want to spill the beans so bad, too! I've told DH that I dont think i can keep it a secret until were 12 weeks- because im a blabbermouth when it comes to any news that is exciting- and because this is my second pregnancy so i will probably start showing sooner than when I was pregnant with my daughter. I'm going to a concert this friday with my sister and mother-in-law and I have a feeling they're going to know something is up because I wont be drinking

• @mami2almost4babies I’m pretty sure we will do a gender reveal. 
    Probably the same on we did with DD. Colored Smoke out of a BBQ pit.

I will feel like a total a*hole if I skip out on anything I did for DD. Announcement photos, gender reveal, maternity photos, newborn photos, beautiful nursery. We went all out for our rainbow baby.
     My creativity bucket, money bucket and mind is drained. Haha 
  • @1MommyRunner I’m a third timer too! 
  • This is my first baby in the area I live in. I have an apt on March 24, I’ll be 6w +3. I’m not really sold on this Dr. though so I have another appointment on April 3 with a different doctor. Hopefully I like one of them. I don’t really have anyone to ask for references and I don’t want to post in my local mom group since it’s so early. So, we’ll see. I’ve never had such an early appointment. I was 16 weeks when I found out with my first daughter and 11 or 12 with my second. So I don’t know how super early appointments usually are handled. 

What can I expect? What’s pertinent information to have or questions to ask at this stage?

I’m having a routine c section also, what are some questions you’d ask to feel or e the dr to see if you like them?
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • EDD/weeks+days: Nov 14, 4w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team green! We did this last time with DS and it was great. A fun surprise and a nice pass from "advice" and stereotypes about gender before he even showed up. 

Baby is the size of a(n): Um, very small? I use a pretty basic app (FF mobile) that doesn't really have this info. It gives actual sizes, so....0.05 in. 

Upcoming appointments: I haven't even scheduled one. Last time, I used a midwife and the first appointment was just with a nurse and fairly pointless, just medical history and getting in the system (so they'll already have most of that this time around) and then I didn't meet with a midwife until 12 weeks. So this time I'm just going to wait and schedule around then so I can just meet directly with the midwife (want to schedule it late enough that hearing a heartbeat with be an option). 

How are you feeling? Fine so far. Kind of crampy and tired (but I have an 11 month old, so that's a regular state regardless). I remember being super nervous about not having morning sickness early on and then it hit like a ton of bricks around 6 weeks. So I'm trying to enjoy this relatively easy period, even if it's making me nervous again anyways. There's no winning. 

Raves/Rants: Nothing really!

Questions: none

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? Deviled eggs!

• EDD/weeks+days: 5 weeks 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed/pencil eraser

Upcoming appointments: April 10th for ultrasound

How are you feeling? Nauseous and exhausted. Haven't told anyone yet so it's killing me. My students are really testing me this week...

Raves/Rants: I really can't wait to tell my family this weekend. It's so hard to keep a secret...

Questions: Anyone else take on too much to do and worry if you will make it through this exhausted state?

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? I would probably bring Ice cream because that's all I have been wanting and I don't have to do more.
  • @mtengle Feb '19, he came 2 weeks early though on Jan 29th
    @auburnvelvet86 people still like to find a way to give advice - last time some people (like DH's patients) were adamant that we needed to find out haha
  • EDD/weeks+days: I'm going with 11/20, but knowing very well that could change

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We'll definitely find out (hopefully around the 10 week mark with blood tests)

Baby is the size of a(n): little tiny poppy seed baby

Upcoming appointments: I haven't even called yet... my dr likes to either do a blood draw or a dating ultrasound or both, so I'll give her a call sometime this week to set something up. 

How are you feeling? 100% normal other than headaches (which I get hormonal migraines anyway)

Raves/Rants: My school just closed tomorrow for 2 cases of COVID-19 in town. 

Questions: None

GTKY:  If we were going to a cook out together, what would you bring? - All the chips. 

Pregnancy Ticker