Pregnant after IF

All Trimester Check In March 9

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you?

Also! Feel free to post pics of nurseries and bumps.

Calling!!

@emmasemm EDD 3/7 (girl)

@celticknotfire EDD 2/27

@ivfsurvivor EDD 3/3

@love112314 EDD 3/9

@sincethelastday EDD 3/9 (boy)

@bluguitarhannah EDD 7/1 (girl)

@caitiemae EDD 1/30 (boy)

@akak23 EDD 3/27 (boy)

@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 4/4 (boy)

@sanpelligrino EDD 4/12

@laurajon2015 EDD 3/25

@jolo1241 EDD 2/2 (girl)

@hanshotfirst77 EDD 6/21 (girl)

@knockupthestock EDD 7/23

@cirrra EDD 8/4

@wildrainbow EDD 8/16 (Boy)

@angelina1919 EDD 7/29

@cashewchicken EDD 8/8

@businesswife EDD 8/21

@31magnolia EDD 9/8

@artemis618 EDD 9/2 (Boy)

Re: All Trimester Check In March 9

• How far along/EDD? 17+1/ Aug 16
    • How are you feeling this week? Ok. Tired. A little crampy. My hips are killing me
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rant: ds1 got a cold and started running a fever and is soooooo grumpy. He woke up at 3 am crying and I just wish I got more sleep. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? March 23rd for AS!
    • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you? I hope he gets my take no prisoners attitude, and my practicality. 
  • <ul><li>How far along/EDD? 16+3 / Aug 21</li><li>How are you feeling this week?  Still pretty much exhausted, but we had a busy weekend, so that could account for it.  Plus hip pain.  :s I'm not even that big yet!  I should probably get in to see the chiropractor again soonish.  And the dentist, for that matter lol</li><li>Rants/Raves? Questions?  I have just been feeling so nervous still, I can hardly wait for that reassurance of seeing baby's HB again.  I'm a mess lol</li><li>Any upcoming appointments? Wednesday for labs, early GD screening and a quick scan ❤️</li><li>GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you?  My artistic streak, my braininess, and care and compassion for others.  We are already planning for her fix the mistakes of my youth, i.e. attend medical school. 👍</li></ul>
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along/EDD? 19+5/ Jul 29th

How are you feeling this week? Good! Finally the cold is gone, it lasted for almost 2 weeks and of course now DH got it.  Funny to see how different a regular man acts with the same virus than a pregnant woman.

Rants/Raves? Questions? I was on bed rest for a few days last week.  Started having some mild cramping and lower back pain.  My doctor said it was most likely due to the constant coughing and sneezing, so I took a couple of days off resting with my legs up and drinking lots of water and its gone now.  I also think its part of the constipation, which has not been consistent. 

Any upcoming appointments? A/S and first high risk Dr on Thu.  Very anxious of course!

GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you?  The positive outlook in general; life, work, people, etc.

• @wildrainbow - sorry to hear about your son being sick! Hope he feels better soon and you also get some relief from the hip pain (and get some extra zzz’s in there!)

@BusinessWife - sorry to hear that you’re still feeling really anxious. I would get these waves of anxiety out of nowhere about the health of this baby, if everything’s okay, etc. I just feel like it’s unfortunately more “normal” for us moms who have gone through IF. Hope seeing your LO’s heartbeat provides some good reassurance!

@angelina1919 - glad to hear the bed rest did what it needed to do and the cramping/pain wasn’t anything serious. Still must have been nerve wracking though!
    • How far along/EDD? 40w 3/9 (yep, today’s my due date)
    • How are you feeling this week? I just want this baby already! I’m definitely feeling more discomfort and just emotionally on edge because I have no idea when this little guy is going to make an appearance. I’m nervous about labour, but just sitting around the house all day wondering about it and waiting is driving me crazy! 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Rants - this is kind of silly, but I’m so done bending down to put on socks and my boots. It aches every time I bend down...ugh 
    • Any upcoming appointments? Second WinRho shot tomorrow due to being rh- and then my OB appointment. I’m planning on going ahead and getting a sweep done tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with getting this done? 
    • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you? My love for reading, caring about those less fortunate. I would love it if he inherited DH’s talent for math, since I was horrible at it as a kid!  
    • How far along/EDD?  14w5d / 2 Sep (but repeat c-section by 26 Aug)
    • How are you feeling this week?  Still tired - maybe the nausea's lightened up but of course that makes me feel nervous.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Yay for daylight saving time & "cheating" so that DD sleeps till almost 7 :p  And for not having to do daycare drop off.  Boo for heartburn (first bout Friday morning - I threw up a little :-/) and headaches which started up last week.  Random point of information - I submitted 1.5 gallons for my 24 hr test Saturday AM.
    • Any upcoming appointments?  Not till 16w next Thursday
    • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you?  I hope he's thoughtful, persistent, reasonably analytical (and also smart - even if that's not from me!).
    About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Happy Due Date! @sincethelastday I am so excited for you to meet this little one very soon! ❤️
    • How far along/EDD? - 25+1, 6/21
    • How are you feeling this week? I'm okay. But starting to get pretty uncomfortable. My sleep is back to sucking, Leg cramps middle of the night, and by the end of the day both feet are getting swollen. I'm trying to rest as much as I can, but it's not always easy.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - My dog has been extra cuddly lately with me. Following me everywhere. I think he can sense there is a new human coming. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB on Friday.
    • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you? - I hope she gets my determination and never give up spirit. Also hope she gets my eyes. 

@sincethelastday Happy due date day! I have no experience with the sweep but I hope it helps move things along so you can meet your LO soon!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Hey ladies - Quick question: Did you all have to pay your provider upfront for all your appointments and and delivery fee? My doctor's office just called and said that they will collect the money at tomorrow's appointment? I'm only 14 weeks. This all seems really early. 
  • @31magnolia both times my OBs office would collect one copay at the first visit and the rest just gets added up and you pay at the end after delivery. This was two different OBs offices with different insurance too. But I think it probably varies based on your doctor and insurance. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @31magnolia for my daughter I didn’t have any copays for prenatal appointments and didn’t pay for delivery until afterward and was billed through my insurance from the hospital. That sounds odd that you have to pay upfront for everything. The only time I’ve seen that is from friends that used a midwife or doula service and it was a specific price for everything. 
  • @31magnolia I was seen by a team of OBs at a large teaching hospital when I was pregnant with my son but it was pay as you go. For each appointment, I paid copays if it was required and billed whatever the amount that wasn’t covered by insurance. When I delivered, I was sent a bill after I was discharged and I paid that. For #2, I decided to go with another large hospital group seeing a specific OB and it’s been pay as you go, too. 
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET  
  • edited March 2020
    @31magnolia I did that for my first practice (I.e. paid their portion in full, up front, at however many weeks), and then this one is actually spreading it out over my multiple visits (more like @cashewchicken described). Then I got the <i>hospital</i> <i>bill(s) </i>afterward. 🤦
  • @31magnolia - My OB is similar, I have to pay the co-pay for each visit.  Also on my second visit they gave me this statement of what the cost of delivery would be and gave me the option to pay monthly or pay in full after delivery, it also had the option to pay for circumcision in case we were having a boy and wanted to have one.  I have a good tool to calculate my out of pocket so I went ahead and started paying, I think I paid once then the nurse forgot to charge the second payment and then paid again on the next visit, so they are flexible.  I prefer to pay in advance and installments for this.  From my calculations and the tool, I should meet my out of pocket for the year before I deliver, so I hope I don't have to pay anything after.  Also, the nurse said, she will check again with my insurance around 20 weeks (so my next visit) just to validate the amount they are charging me is correct.
  • Thanks everyone! You all basically confirmed why my insurance said when I called them this morning. That it’s up to the doctor and each practice is different, but most don’t. I still don’t like, since I’m not 100% sure I’m staying with this doctor. I like her but I do t love the hospital she’s associated with. But I went to my appointment anyway this morning. Although my insurance said if I wait to long to switch it could mess me up on my global billing. 
    Anyway, the doctor’s office gave me paperwork about the billing and it made no sense. But it was less than what I thought it would be, so that’s good. It just seems like they charge for everything, even to fill out the FML forms! That’s a $25 fee for their time. 😐

• How far along/EDD? 14w

• How are you feeling this week? Really bad back pain. Sleep isn’t going well. But will start taking bendryl tonight to see if that helps. Doctor thinks the lack of sleep and being dehydrated is causing my headaches and everything is just building up. 

• Rants/Raves? Questions? Rave- Heard the HB today. That’s always such a relief.   Question - I asked mine yesterday. 😊

• Any upcoming appointments? OB in 4 weeks

• GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you? Hope she dreams big like me but acts on those dreams!
    Sorry about the bullet points. I’m using the mobile app. 

• @sincethelastday Congrats on reaching your due date! Hope the membrane sweep does the trick and you get to hold your baby in your arms soon. 
    @31magnolia $25 for filling out FML documents! That’s absurd. The teaching hospital where I delivered my son did it for free (or maybe got billed through insurance, but I didn’t pay a penny). But maybe because they have a department that handles all the paperwork rather than the OB doing it. 
  • @sincethelastday I can't believe we've passed your due date!!! So crazy and exciting.

@mtpbadger SO GOOD to see you here!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

• How far along/EDD? 37 weeks tomorrow. Repeat C-section scheduled 3/30 at 39 weeks.
    • How are you feeling this week? Anxious as hell. With all the scary stuff going on right now I hate that I'm having a baby in just over 2 weeks. Bad timing. My mom likely won't be flying out to help us anymore. I'm afraid to go anywhere in public. I'm not afraid of dying from COVID19 but I AM afraid of being sick and/or needing to be in a hospital right now. Our county schools are closing which means DD's preschool is likely next. I am definitely on board with all these precautious but I'm just not happy about the lack of relaxation I'll be getting in my final 2 weeks of pregnancy due to DD being home. This is not a time in my life when I want added stress :cry:
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? See above. I'm just so scared by the timing of everything.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Final ultrasound to check growth and fluid levels in a few hours.
    • GTKY: What do you traits do you hope baby gets from you? While DD looks like my twin, she REALLY takes after her dad personality-wise with his OCD tendencies and quirks. I hope DS gets my more lax demeanor!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 - I feel like I can totally relate with you right now when it comes to the timing of having a baby! I’m so sorry to hear that it sounds like at this time your mom won’t be able to fly out once the baby is here! 😔 Sitting around these past few days past my due date just waiting for labour has been driving me up the wall, but with all the news/social media posts about COVID-19, it’s really starting to increase my anxiety as well. It’s the social isolation piece that’s really getting me anxious and sad. Most likely we will be cancelling our baby “meet and see” with family, postponing baby’s christening, and I’m thinking that a new mom’s support group that I’m registered for in April will be cancelled. I keep hearing that new motherhood can feel isolating in itself, but now I fear that it’s going to be even more difficult. 
     I’m all for social distancing and doing your part with this all, but I just wish this wasn’t happening now that I’m finally having a baby after infertility. Thank goodness for boards like this where support and comradeship can still be found!!! 
  • @sincethelastday @wifeinraleigh28 FWIW, I don't think the Christening is something that should be put off.  Perhaps the family gathering portion may have to be a little different then you had in mind, but that's okay.  I'm sorry you both have this added stress right now. ❤️
  • @wifeinraleigh28 and @sincethelastday Well, with the way the virus is spreading and the government response of it far from ideal, I think we are all in the same boat. I can’t imagine the situation getting any better by the time I deliver my daughter in early August. 

I’m sorry that you may miss out on some social events within the first month or two of your baby’s arrival. But you can always postpone and have a huge party later. I personally prefer to have baby events after 3 months because I want to minimize baby’s exposure to misc germs in those early months when the baby is most vulnerable. 
  • Thanks for the responses/support, ladies! I know the whole world is dealing with this right now. While an unfortunate time to be giving birth, I also feel for my cousin who is supposed to be getting married in April and is looking to postpone her wedding since everyone is cancelling on attending.

My family has placed ourselves on complete lock down. We aren't seeing anyone except DH's sister (who has also placed herself on lock down so she can help us without putting us at risk).

And in the meantime I am going to see this as an opportunity to spend a lot of quality time with DD and just enjoy her as our only child for the next 2 weeks, and then after baby comes we'll have a lot of family bonding time. :heart:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • There is a real bright side in it ❤️@wifeinraleigh28 I am definitely grateful for the 1 on 1 time with DD as well (just wish it were without the cloud hanging over everything) but choosing to make the most of it nevertheless ((((hugs))))