1st Trimester

5 weeks spotting?

I am roughly 5 weeks pregnant by first day of last period (Jan 13th) I've taken several pregnancy tests and all positive. Just scheduled my first ultrasound for March 16th. Now starting this AM occasionally when I potty (I drink lots of water and going more frequent) I am noticing pinkish tinge on toilet paper. About 4 times out of the dozens I went today. It isn't consistent and isn't reaching my undies. I have read a lot this is common but since my appointment is a ways away just looking for reassurance. No pain but moderate cramping. Similar to ovulation cramps, even more mild than period. Back in November I had a D&E (dilation and evacuation) because I lost my daughter at 19 weeks due to Turner Syndrome. I am not likely to miscarry since this was just a chromosomal abnormality. Guess I am mostly scared since I am bouncing back from a loss.

Re: 5 weeks spotting?

• First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. As you noted, faint spotting is very normal, but obviously disconcerting, especially if you've experienced a loss. If it gets any worse, I'd definitely call your OB for peace of mind. Also, I'd suggest checking out your birth month board and introducing yourself over there. You'll find lots of support as you navigate this pregnancy. 
  • I spotted off and on from weeks 4-9 (ranging from brown to pink-- not enough to soak through underwear). Went in for my first US and the baby was measuring perfectly with a strong heartbeat. I have a small polyp on my vaginal wall and that might have been the cause. (Nothing that the doctor was worried about) Try not to over stress about it. If you get more concerned/symptoms call the nurse at your clinic!