Baby Names

Middle name for Silas

Husband and I are having such a hard time naming this guy. Our first two were definitely not this difficult for us. Today we really started leaning towards Silas. 

We have an Oliver Harrison and Wesley Orson. (Do you even like Oliver, Wesley and Silas together? 🤔) Any suggestions for a middle name for Silas? I can’t find anything that seems to flow. Our preferred middle name was Emerson, but I’m not sure it flows right with Silas. It definitely doesn’t need to end in “son” we never actually intended it that way, it just so happens that’s what we have liked thus far.

I appreciate your suggestions! 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Middle name for Silas

• I think Silas Emerson flows just fine. 

Here are some off the top of my head 
    Richard 
    Dean 
    Michael 
    Andrew
    David 
    John 
    Patrick 
    Gray 

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• How long is your last name? That will help determine what length of middle name flows the best. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Silas Emery
    Silas Dane
    Silas Michael
    Silas James

• @bellebaby221 our last name is on the longer side. It’s three syllables and 9 letters. But we prefer names on the longer side still. I don’t regret choosing three syllables first and middle names for our first son. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @saham07 oh yea maybe Silas Emery! 

@profmcgonagall i really like the sound of Silas Gray and actually saw that somewhere else too. The problem is my husband hates Gray. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anderson
    Benjamin
    Walker
    Jameson
    Marshall
    Landon
    Preston
    Ryan
    Xavier
    Albert
    Franklin

• @bellebaby221 ugh naming a baby is so much pressure 🙈😂 I’m not sure i necessarily love any of those, but i appreciate the suggestions!! I’m struggling so much with something that doesn’t sound like a hard stop after Silas. I want it to flow rather than sound like two separate names. 

Right now I think Silas Emerson and Silas Emery are our top two if we go with Silas. I can’t decide if I just like those names or if they actually flow... why does it feel so hard pairing something with Silas? Something about a vowel after seems to be helping me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @saham07 how do you pronounce Emery? Do you pronounce it drawn out with three syllables or only with two? Also, it appears that’s it’s a fairly popularly chosen girl name these days 🤦🏻‍♀️ Have you experienced that? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • brose1117 said:
    @saham07 how do you pronounce Emery? Do you pronounce it drawn out with three syllables or only with two? Also, it appears that’s it’s a fairly popularly chosen girl name these days 🤦🏻‍♀️ Have you experienced that? 

3 Syllables! It is a boys and that is also used on girls now. I like  it better on a boy. It is where the name Emerson came from...…......son of Emery!

• @saham07 i agree with all of that, I was just curious your experience with it. Thank you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • brose1117 said:
    @bellebaby221 ugh naming a baby is so much pressure 🙈😂 I’m not sure i necessarily love any of those, but i appreciate the suggestions!! I’m struggling so much with something that doesn’t sound like a hard stop after Silas. I want it to flow rather than sound like two separate names. 

Right now I think Silas Emerson and Silas Emery are our top two if we go with Silas. I can’t decide if I just like those names or if they actually flow... why does it feel so hard pairing something with Silas? Something about a vowel after seems to be helping me. 
    I completely agree! I have 3 boys and by the 2nd one I was at a loss for one I loved as much as the first name! But we eventually found them and I adore my boys names. 
    Good luck with your search!
  • brose1117 said:
    @saham07 i agree with all of that, I was just curious your experience with it. Thank you.

I really like Silas Emery and then Silas Emerson also! Adding Silas Henry (similar to Silas Emery)

• @bellebaby221 do you mind me asking what your boys names are? I’d love to hear a three boy family name set ☺️ Are you pregnant with babe 3 right now? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • brose1117 said:
    @bellebaby221 do you mind me asking what your boys names are? I’d love to hear a three boy family name set ☺️ Are you pregnant with babe 3 right now? 
    My boys are Eli William, Benjamin David and Jack Edward. I just had #4 a year ago. Finally got a girl so a little bit easier with the name. If she would have been another boy I would have been totally lost!!
  • @bellebaby221 those are great names 🙃
    Pregnancy Ticker