September 2020 Moms
Options

week 4 check-in w/o 3/3

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: week 4 check-in w/o 3/3

• Options
    We are behind this week lol. 

EDD/weeks+days: 11w1d, 9/21

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lime

Upcoming appointments: MFM today; made me super paranoid because I technically have two autoimmune diseases and he's afraid that this pregnancy will trigger more. US tomorrow to monitor my SCH.

How are you feeling? Tired but fine

Raves/Rants: Went to finally get my first trimester blood work done today but had to push the appointment later because the MFM took too long; only to find out my OB had ordered my glucola as well which would have required me to stay there for at least an hour which I couldn't do because I had to go back to work. Oh well, I get them done sometime. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood. I'm tried and can't think of anything right now; but I'll be back with a story

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    hp242hp242 member
    EDD/weeks+days:  10+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):  Strawberry

Upcoming appointments:  March 12 for US, March 27 for 12 week appointment (though it'll be 14 weeks then)

How are you feeling?  Tired all of the time.

Raves/Rants:  I know its early but I'm realizing just how much useless stuff we have in the house and i've been trying to tackle one drawer/shelf/area per day to find stuff to pitch/donate.  At this rate I should have room for baby stuff by September.

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.  I don't know, I think I blocked them all out...

@linz36 thanks for getting us started!  I couldn't think of something for the GTKY question so was avoiding it.... XD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @linz36 that's scary about PG possibly triggering your autoimmune disorders! I assume you didn't have any issues with that last time around?

@hp242 I definitely want to do some de-cluttering too. The problem is, MH has a sentimental streak and hates when I start getting rid of stuff. But I'm a ruthless purger and I hate having extra stuff around... 😬

@pai314 Hi! Strapless bras are always risky for me too (whether I'm 12 or 32 lol). I'd be traumatized from that too!

EDD/weeks+days: 9/25, 10+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: not sure yet

Baby is the size of a: tea candle apparently?

Upcoming appointments: March 20

How are you feeling? Welp, I was hoping MS would start to ease up this week but I've been sorely disappointed. In fact, it's worse than it's been. I have a TMI and gross story to tell but if you're feeling queasy, don't read on:

I had been constipated for days and finally pooped on Monday. Especially given my super smell at the moment, the odor was terrible so I had to try not to breathe in because I was feeling super nauseated. When I was getting ready to flush, in my head I was like "okay, definitely don't breathe in or look at what's in there because then you'll probably vomit." of course, as soon I imagined that happening, I couldn't stop it from actually happening. It was straight up the most disgusting moment of my life. 

Seriously counting the days until the end of the first tri! 

Questions? Nah

GTKY: mine isn't super embarrassing looking back at it but at the time I wanted to die. I was at summer camp walking to the showers with my BFF. From behind me, I heard one of the cool older girls laugh and say "ooooh look, panties!" (somebody had dropped their underwear on the trail). BFF and I checked our piles of clothes we were carrying, and sure enough, they were mine. I had to run back and grab them in front of the cool girls. My BFF teased me about it for like a decade after. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 09/28, 10+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): a raspberry

Upcoming appointments: I need to call and schedule my next appt. will be in about 3 weeks, around 13 weeks along

How are you feeling? I felt great all day yesterday and didn’t take any of my anti nausea medicine but around dinner time I started to feel awful. I’m still exhausted all day long. 

Raves/Rants: I absolutely hate changing DS’s diapers right now. The smell and everything about them makes me want to puke

Questions: none

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.  I can’t think of anything right now. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/27 | 10 +3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussel Sprout

Upcoming appointments: Next Thursday for an ultrasound

How are you feeling? Definitely less fatigue. Still super picky with food and having a serious aversion to all things healthy (bring me alllll the carbs and starches). Very mild cramping. 

Raves/Rants: We told my oldest last Saturday. He's 15 yo, so I had my H take him on Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens (it's a tower ride that takes you up very high, tilts the chair so that you're almost parallel to the ground and then drops you). Once they got to the top he said "Hey, the reason you're mom hasn't been riding rides is because she's pregnant." and then they dropped. I thought it would be a fun and memorable way to share the news.

Questions: Is anyone here seeing a nurse midwife for their prenatal care? I just switched from my old OB to an ARNP, CNM and I have been pleasantly surprised with how personalized and supportive my new office is.  

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.: Only one? lol. I once laughed so hard at the movies with my friends that I peed my pants. I was 14 years-old. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 11+1 (apparently my due date has been 9/22 all along, I thought 9/26 based on CRL but my OB said they stick with LMP if the measurements are close enough 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ll take being further along 😂)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: MFM on March 18th (currently going through ultrasound withdrawal after being at an RE so I’m eager to see baby again then! Will be 13 weeks for that appointment)

How are you feeling? Still so nauseous. I’ve been managing to make it through the day without puking but once 4 pm hits I start puking anywhere from 1-4 times 🤦🏻‍♀️ My urine test came back with elevated ketones which initially I googled and thought I was dying of course but my Ob said it’s not uncommon in pregnancy and is having me try drinking Gatorade and ginger ale instead of water to help with dehydration from the puking and see if that helps. Just so ready to hopefully feel better soon. Also super sleepy, sore boobs, starting to have round ligament pain, etc. I know I have a bump now bc it’s there in the morning and I can hardly keep much in so I know it’s not bloat/fat gain now 🙌🏻 So exciting! 

Raves/Rants: my symptoms were enough of a rant 😂

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.
    oh gosh well this ones really embarrassing, in kindergarten during gym class I was coming down with a bug and pooped my pants. I was in the bathroom so long my male gym teacher sent one of my best friends in to check on me and since I knew the whole class was now aware of my plight I had to just throw out my undies and put my pants back on and face the crowd. Then on the car ride home (we used to car pool) the boy we drove home from my class announced to my mom that I wasn’t wearing underwear because I had pooped my pants during class. It was a terrible day 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/24, 10+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO mini figure 

Upcoming appointments: 3/12, fingers crossed to hear the heartbeat. Saw it at my last appointment.

How are you feeling? Overall pretty good, still exhausted, sore boobs, headaches (1-2 a week), and having random smell and food aversions.

Raves/Rants: We told our boys (almost 6 and 3 1/2) this past weekend about the baby. We gave them each a LEGO mini figurine and showed them sonogram from 8 weeks, only reaction they had was that my youngest so his LEGO guy didn’t have hair 🤦🏼‍♀️ They seem to be excited now just not the reaction I expected 😂

GTKY: When I was in 7th grade at some point in the day my pants had split and there was a hole right at my butt cheek and leg, but no one told 🤦🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 12 w 0d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday, standard appt no US

How are you feeling? Good. Still bloated but not as constantly

Raves/Rants: DH works from home and his work keeps having nothing for him to do all day- then when he’s supposed to be done calls and needs something done by the next day and he has to work all night. So frustrating. 

Questions: anyone have yeast infection like symptoms? So itchy, but I might just wait till my Tues appt to ask my midwife how to treat

GTKY: Tell us an embarrassing story from your childhood.  In ballet class when I was about 7ish I really had to pee. But I know we aren’t supposed to leave class and should have gone beforehand. So I didn’t want to get in trouble and tried to hold it. Well I did an arabesque (put my leg up to the back) and it just came out. Right in front of a few guests who were observing. I ran out of the room to the bathroom and cried. My teacher was very kind afterwards. 

so sorry @pai314 that it made you stop dancing! I’ve had so many costume malfunctions in my 29 years of dance but for some reason it has never bothered me. Haha