October 2020 Moms

March Symptoms Thread

Re: March Symptoms Thread

• @ammj02 I am so sorry! That's a lot to handle!
  • @ammj02 I’m so sorry, that sounds like a lot.
    Have you asked your OB about taking anything for the nausea? I take Unisom and vitamin B6 and it’s really helped. 
    Also, try eating small meals every few hours and always keep something around to munch on because an empty stomach is the enemy. Pretzels and Cheerios are great. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Loading the player...
  • i've had really mild nausea and intermittent symptoms otherwise, it makes me really nervous to have them come and go too! i'm 7+4 today and and i have mild nausea here and there, THIRST all night, peeing all night, bloating is starting to subside i looked 5 months pregnant a couple of weeks ago it was pretty intense lol. constipation is improving. breast tenderness and itching is subsiding but they're getting more veiny. 

symptoms that persist: i'm sooooooooo out of breath, that's one of the things that made sense in retrospect when i found out, i am a pretty avid hiker and now i can't go up the stairs to my office without heavy breathing, i get winded climbing into my partner's lifted Jeep (a purchase we made because we were not TTC haha) 

as of 2-3 days i'm also constantly burping and vurping. either LOUD burps that i forget and just let out with no shame, or those awesome vomit burp hybrids -_______- 
  • @cocoliso13 - I'm 7+3 today and I'm right there with you symptom-wise. It's nice to know that I have a "running mate" when it comes to symptoms, lol.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ammj02 I’m sorry, that sounds like a lot to be dealing with. Please talk to your OB about the nausea and depression. Those are both things that you can and should take meds for. Antepartum depression is as serious as postpartum depression. 
  • I’m 9+4 today and the past two weeks have been ROUGH with nausea, headaches and fatigue. So far no vomiting. I’m eagerly hoping these symptoms will all vanish when I reach that magical 2nd trimester soon! (I know, I know, it doesn’t quite work like that..)

I’ve been trying to manage the nausea with the hobbit diet (first breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, etc) and B6, but as of today I think it might be time to up the ante with Unisom. 

I also wake up once every single night to pee now, while I used to always sleep straight through the night. Luckily most nights I fall back to sleep relatively easily. 

Breasts are tender but not painful, and I must admit I’m enjoying what I’ve found to be the ONE good symptom of pregnancy right now: bigger boobs before my ‘bump’ has emerged. 😂
  • I’m cooking some brown rice right now for chicken and rice casserole and the smell of the cooking rice makes me want to vomit 🤮 
  • I've only kept down a few crackers, a handful of almonds, and some dry cereal all day. What a rough start to week 7! Hoping to get some relief with my b6/unisom tomorrow.
  • katewithout8katewithout8 member
    edited March 2020
    @carrotsandpeas3 I’m just starting Unisom/B6 tonight as well. Hope we both find relief tomorrow!
  • AB518AB518 member
    I just started Unisom and B6 two days ago, and I think that it is finally working.  I had absolutely no nausea today!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had very few symptoms with my first and this time...I have not been so lucky. It seems like it’s getting worse each week—I hit 9 weeks today and I’ve vomited at least once per day this week. Forget “morning” sickness—morning is my best time! I hate this part...
  • Heartburn is starting to show up in the evenings for me. Ugh!
  • @dedioni right there with you on the heartburn. I don't remember getting it this early in my previous pregnancies but maybe I did. It has been rough. 

So the past two days my uterus has been.... sore? Achy? I'm not sure how to describe it but its somewhere between uncomfortable and actually painful. I don't know if maybe baby is just having a growth spurt in there. Or maybe it had something to do with my uterus being retroverted and it trying to tilt forward more. No idea. Anyone else experiencing anything similar?
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria my uterus is also retroverted and I have had similar feelings from time to time.  I’ve also already had back pain since early on, which I think is due to that as well.
  • Well after a semi-break in fatigue yesterday I was dragging all afternoon and so ready for bed by about 7 (though I didn't sleep until 9). Sooo tired.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared I’m with you. My toddler decided his 20 min car nap at 9am was going to be his only nap today 😭
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @profmcgonagall Noooo! No nap days are the worst 😫 Especially pregnant and extra tired!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • I'm 5w5d and was saying yesterday how I didn't have any symptoms and it was freaking me out. Then woke up today with nausea, extreme fatigue, smelling all the things, and bloated so much I look 16w, not 5.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • I spoke too soon about no nausea. 6w1d and it hit me like a ton of bricks this morning. 🤢
  • @sjomomma same!  I’m 6w today and the nausea just kicked in.   Every smell is making me want to vomit.  
  • Ugh sorry everyone that has nausea killing them. Mine has actually decided to ease up a bit but I know better than to think it’s truly gone. The fatigue is real though.

I’ve already been getting the nesting bug. I always get it early first tri even though it’s supposedly more a third tri thing. We are going to be moving around all the rooms for the kids so I feel like I need to jump on the decluttering and purging now. Plus kid’s double birthday party is next weekend and that means a whole new load of incoming crap. 🤦🏼‍♀️😂
  • Luckily, my nausea has subsided since I last posted. The meds seem to be working and I’m slowly introducing more things to my diet and more things are actually starting to sound good. For awhile I was only wanting salty/savory things but for the past day or so my sweet tooth has come back. 

Since I’m in the middle of the Coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. (Seattle) and my work knows I’m pregnant, they said I have to work from home for at least the next two weeks. My work is pretty fast paced and intense, so being home is a big change. I’m already going a little stir crazy. 

Then there’s hormones/depression. I’m someone who has always struggled with depression and I take a low dose antidepressant. These days I don’t feel like doing anything :( I guess the fatigue combined with hormones. I know just laying on the couch all day won’t leave me feeling good either and I have all these ideas about things I should or could be doing, but just having a really really hard time getting going. 
  • @psmk521 I’ve always struggled with depression too. Before, during and especially after delivering. I’m here if you need any support. I’d suggest seeing if you can up your dose a bit. Pregnancy can definitely amplify depression. And the spring weather never helps me either. unpredictable cold weather and wind keeps you inside and then you get stuck in a rut. Hugs! 
  • Thank you @JLaVO888!! 
  • 7 weeks and my appetite has increased so much. I’m so hungry all the time! If I don’t eat, then I feel sick. Trying to make healthy food choices and be conscious of my weight gain, but it’s SO hard when you’re constantly hungry. I’m freezing as well...then hit with sudden hot flashes. Plus, I’m incredibly tried. Difficult to make it through the day without napping. 
  • @kjrogers1007, I think we are symptom twins. 
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @psmk521 I struggle with anxiety/depression and often feel the same. It’s so hard when you know you should be doing something, but just can’t physically bring yourself to do it even when you really want to. This is definitely something to bring up with your doctor, depression can amplify during pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kjrogers1007 I am right there with you about being conscious of weight gain. I had a glucose resistance scare in the beginning of January and my doctor wanted me to continue losing weight, now that I am pregnant I am really worried about gestational diabetes. My DH thinks whatever I crave I should just give in and eat it right away. I have been trying to let it pass and eat something more healthy in the moment with some water. Which for the most part has been working for me. 

• @dogmomnowbabymom many people think you should give into cravings because it is what your baby needs, but your baby probably doesn't actually need the junk you're craving. 😂😂 This chart helps me choose wisely.
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • @BLuvsE, i was using a chart similar to that one and using it to eat foods that eent with what i was craving or making a healthier version of what i was craving. Thank you for posting this chart. Super helpful 😁
  • Nausea was so much better over the weekend, but I think that's because I was able to take it slow in the mornings. Back with a vengeance when I made myself hop out of bed early to my work alarm. So frustrating since it's the work days when I need to be most functional!
  • I felt like the worst party guest Friday night thanks to my symptoms.

My one big food aversion has been sauteed chicken, which has temporarily eliminated one of the family favorites from our menu rotation: chicken pasta broccoli. Well, our friend cooked us dinner (I thought it would be a potluck apps style party like they've done in the past) and he made chicken pasta... I spent a solid 40 minutes trying to keep my nausea at bay while I nibbled at my plain pasta surrounded by plates of my kryptonite lol. It resolved after we finished eating, but then, amid post-dinner conversation I found my eyelids closing! Gratefully one of the other guests made their exit shortly after and my DH and I piggybacked on it, but I felt so lame! 

Our friend knows we're pregnant, so he was very understanding, but I felt like the worst guest lol. I'm looking forward to the second trimester when this will hopefully disappear.
  • @carrotsandpeas3 I am noticing the same thing on work days. But I am also hungry allllll the time and when I’m hungry I get nauseous very quickly until I eat. I am wondering if my nausea is worse those days because I don’t eat right away. I normally wake up, pee and eat days off before doing anything else. 
  • @katewithout8 my symptoms did pretty much magically disappear when I hit 2nd tri with my son. I was like a brand new person!!

9+2 today and still majorly on the struggle bus with food aversions/craving, exhaustion and nausea. I don’t like to wish away time but I am 100% over first tri!
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • @homeport17. Ugggh that sounds terrible. Raw or cooked chicken both don’t sit well with me right now. 

Heartburn was always a third trimester symptom for me but I’ve already been going through some Tums. It’s awful at night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What’s worse than being cold all the time? Being cold all day then boiling at night. I wake up sweating! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @deaddahliah I’m the opposite, I go to bed hot so I take off my clothes and then wake up freezing. 
    Married 6/15/13
    ~In our hearts forever~

• @deaddahliah you just described my life. I literally started carrying a space heater around to whatever room I'm in and sleeping with the windows open. My family just roll their eyes and bring me blankets. 
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15

Currently
  • Exhaustion has hit me like a ton of bricks today.
    <begin rant> I worked an extra long day, dealt with more than my fair share of school children tantrums today (must have been that full moon). Last tantrum of the day, I just sat down and started crying. I am so tired and they really made my day so hard today. Now, I will lay in bed for the rest of the evening. So done with today.
    <end rant>
  • @dogmomnowbabymom The full moon crazies are all too real for us teachers. I’m sorry you had a rough day.