September 2020 Moms

March Appointments

edited March 2020 in September 2020 Moms
Here’s a thread to talk about all of your upcoming appointments! Feel free to ask any questions or bring up relevant topics! 
Any testing this month?
Results?
Ultrasounds?
Special appointments? 

We also have an ultrasound thread that can be referenced here: 
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12750189/the-ultrasound-thread#latest
If you’re finding out the sex(es) this month, here’s the thread for that!:
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12751030/the-sex-thread#latest

Re: March Appointments

• Next appointment is March 20, just a regular 4 wk checkup and not totally sure what will happen that time but will be around 14 weeks then.  Trying to get into a new Dr or midwife so may end up with a sooner appointment depending on how that goes.
  • Next appointment is March 11. We didnt find a heartbeat at the last appointment (just a doppler, no ultrasound), and this is the follow up. Doc said she wasn't worried as it's not guaranteed to find a heartbeat at 10w5d, and theres a chance I might not even be that far along cuz my menstrual cycles are longer than most. She also said the doppler doesnt go through bone, and baby could be hiding behind there pelvic bone. I haven't had an ultrasound yet, but I'm hoping I get one at this next visit. I just want to know baby is safe and ok. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My 12 week appointment is tomorrow and I am terrified.  It is in the afternoon and I have to work in the morning.  I'm hoping that keeps me busy and my mind off the appointment.  I have absolutely no reason to think anything is wrong but my anxiety is off the charts.  After that I have an appointment at the very end of March for a cervical length check.  Due to my DD being pre-term MFM is requesting I come in.  Hoping that is it for extra appointments.
  • Meeting my MFM tomorrow with US. Then another US wednesday (monitoring my SCH) and OB appointment next week. Excited to see the baby twice this week

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I have my first OB appointment tomorrow. It's the stupid long intake appointment so ugh. I'm feeling anxious about it even though baby was growing well at all the ultrasounds.
    I am excited to get to see baby again though.
    I'm hoping that the doctor has something she can give me to help ease the nausea because it's the pits!
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I have a regular check up at the end of March where they’ll do mundane weight, BP and Doppler. I need to schedule MFM for the first trimester screening and need to do my one hour glucose test so will schedule that soon too. 
  • I have 2 appointments this month. 3/10 is a 4 week check-in (get to meet my OB, my first appt was with an NP). Really excited to see the baby again. Appointment #2 is 3/16 and the first-trimester screening at a perinatal office. A bit nervous, I don't like getting blood drawn and just want little bun to be healthy and okay.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My next appointment is exactly in one week (3/9)! It will be the NT scan and blood work I believe. I’ll be 12+1. Super nervous but hoping baby is growing well. We were supposed to have a genetics consult as well that day but we canceled it for various reasons, mainly money. On 3/11 I have an office appointment and my practice does what’s called “centering pregnancy” so it will be a group visit outside of private vitals. It will be my first one and it’s at 8 am so hopefully I like it to be getting up that early on my day off!
  • Welp, someone majorly screwed up lol. My original appointment was set for February 27, but they called middle of February and rescheduled for today.  Got there today and found out that they had put me in for APRIL 3. Yeah, not gonna work lol. They managed to squeeze us in and we got most of the first appointment done including the questions and checking the heartbeat. I have to go Friday for bloodwork (was going to go today but they need me to do an early glucose test because both of my parents have diabetes. Thanks mom and dad.) and then they'll just do the physical when I come in on April 3.
    Good news is that this baby seems to be super chill compared to its brother. With DS we were only ever able to get his heartbeat on the doppler for a couple of seconds before he'd slip away. Even when I was doing a NST at 24 weeks he kept moving away lol. This baby just chilled there.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 I had my first visit intake yesterday too, such a long family history. Wild hearing about your scheduling issue. I had to do a pap at mine and apparently I have to do a urine sample every time. Sorry about the glucose! My last practice had clear unflavored beverage, we'll see about this one but I don't have to do it until the typical time
  • Scheduled my first trimester screening for 3/27! 

Elective Gender ultrasound scheduled for 4/4! 
  • First appointment with new midwife next Wednesday, the 11th.  So glad to be done with my previous Dr. 
  • Next appointment is a virtual visit on April 3rd. I also need to schedule my anatomy scan for around 20 weeks. I'm hoping I can make it for a little earlier, I'm getting to anxious to find out the sex.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I'm going to pay for a gender scan at about 17 weeks. I can't wait until 20!!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @macheno I am so ready for the anatomy scan and to find out! They said ours could be between 18-20 weeks so I am hopeful sit will be on the early side. The wait is so hard!!

My next appointment is Mar 16 at 8a.  Why would I agree to such an early appointment?!  I will be almost 16w and it’s just a routine boring appointment. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher my 3/11 appt is at 8 am as well. Didn’t know that when they scheduled. That’s not going to be the most fun! 

Does anyone’s SO go to every appointment? Or just the “big” ones? I was planning on having H go to the ones where they’ll definitely be doing a scan or something that isn’t just vitals and the usual. I’m curious though! 
  • @greyl my husband just comes to these first few and the 20 week scan. I think he may have come to one of my monthly appointments but they are so short it seemed kind of silly.   
  • @greyl my husband comes with to the first appointment and the anatomy scan and that's about it. He did come to the early ultrasounds because I needed his support but now that we're more confident in this pregnancy I can do it alone.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl just the ultrasound ones. I don’t see a point of wasting his time on the others. Plus we have a 2 year old so it’s easier not to bring her
  • @greyl another one for just the ultrasounds
  • hp242hp242 member
    @greyl so far DH has been coming to all the appointments.  We try ti book them early in the morning so we can both still make it to work.  We both one hour in opposite directions from home so I don't think this will keep up but its out first so so far it has.

A little rant about my next appointment:  My GP is on mat leave until August, and the Dr who was covering her was only there until the end of Feb.  They placed me with another Dr in the same office since there was no one schedule to come in to cover her mat leave for the rest of the time.  I booked an 8:45am appointment so that I would be able to catch the last train into the city and not have to take the day off work.  There was 15 minutes scheduled between the end of the appointment and when the train left the nearest station.  I got a call yesterday that since they have now found a Dr to cover my regular doc's mat leave, i'm being switched to this new Dr, and they don't start until 9am earliest (so I can't make my train) and are out of the office at 2pm (no trains get back home by this time), apparently he will eventually be working until 3:30, but since they just got him scheduled they don't have anyone late in the day so won't book me for then.  Ugh I'm so irritated.

But other than that my 12wk US is scheduled for 3/12, and then this stupid follow up appointment debacle described above for 3/24.
  • @hp242 that sounds like an annoying train schedule
  • @greyl He used to come to all of them **TW** and then I got kind of weird about anyone being with me after my losses, I just preferred to go and be alone, especially the early appts. **End TW**

He goes to all “big” ones or any I know I’ll have an ultrasound at. He really would love to go to them all, but. 
  • Just booked my gender scan for April 6! So excited!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • DH goes to every appointment with me. I have such severe anxiety that I just like to have him there for support. Our first appointment we brought the 2 year old and although he was good as gold I found a sitter for our appointments tomorrow.
    plus side of having hubs and toddler at the first appointment: moral support 
    negatives: My doctor was like “May as well do a pap while we’re at it!” So I’ve now had that lovely experience with both husband and child in the room. My husband has literally seen my organs when I had the c section but this felt way more like TMI for him.

I learned with my last appointment that I can’t do anything before at least 9:30am because I can’t hold down enough liquid before then to have my veins cooperate for a blood draw. I’ve got to be able to ease into eating and then drink water or I am violently ill.
  • Thanks for all the feedback everyone! 
    H went with me to my first appt. I really wanted him there because if something wasn’t right I would have his support. I think he’s coming to my 12 week scan on Monday, for the same reasons. It will be 5 weeks since a scan or appt so I’m nervous! But other than that the next one he will come to is the anatomy scan. And then if we have any other important ones but I’m not sure about that! 
    @beaandthebabes I had a pap when H was in the room too lol! He sat closer to my head so idk if he saw anything but I’m sure my faces were entertaining. Paps hurt so much for me!! 
  • @beaandthebabes my husband sat beside me while the doctor did a pap in October. Definitely embarassing even though he was at my head and I was covered by a sheet!
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @greyl H came to a fair amount our first time around especially over summer. Second time just the ultrasound appointments and some big decision ones at the end. This time will be ultrasounds and maybe a few more during summer when his schedule is flexible. 

@beaandthebabes Ugh that sucks they decided to do it then. At my OB the 12 week appointment is always the full physical and they warn you. They even asked my husband if he would be coming to all appointments and if so I may want him to skip that one. Which I appreciated because yes I wanted him to not be there. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • This is DH's first baby (my 4th lol) so he's coming to all of them that he can. I told him they're mostly very boring, but he just wants to be a part of it, since he didn't get to with his stepkiddos!
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @greyl With my first pregnancy DH came to most of the US appointments, but not as many of the routine visits. This time, he probably wont be able to make it to any of them because he has to watch DS while I go to the appointments. We don't have childcare for him besides me right now. 

@hp242 Sorry your appointment got changed. That really sucks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MFM called Thursday and Friday to schedule my anatomy scan, but because of travel I couldn’t call them back until Friday afternoon and they had closed for the day already. 😩 I am antsy to have that scheduled because I want to know sex and because it’s hard to schedule around H’s schedule. I don’t want him to have to cancel classes to attend but I also feel bad that he will likely have to cancel on therapy clients.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Well DH has never been in the room for a pap (pelvic yes, pap no) but my almost 2 yo was standing right down there during my pap they did at my last appointment
  • Had out second midwife appointment today at 12 weeks and we heard a heartbeat! Wasn't expecting to hear anything today so very happy. 150bpm ♥️ gained a solid 10lbs so far with 30 more to spare. I've now met both midwives that may deliver and love them both! x two weeks until we tell the family!!
  • Had my first centering pregnancy appointment today. (Group appt) I liked it! Definitely feels more personal because you get two hours with the midwife and nurse (in a group setting somehow?) but it’s nice to have some IRL camaraderie. Most of the ladies were due in august though. My BP was good and I actually lost 8 pounds I think? Which was expected since I stopped eating so much junk and was technically overweight to begin with. Baby’s HR was 155. Very consistent in the 150s. I love hearing that sound🤍 only downside I found out is that if we stay in SC there’s a chance a midwife won’t actually deliver me due to their schedules. Bummer but we probably won’t be staying anyway. Had a genetics consult after and still weighing the pros and cons of the NIPT. Also found out I will probably have to be paying for my ultrasounds out of pocket which blows. Financial counselor went over all my costs and my head was spinning , not a fun time. Really really wish I had that a month ago I would’ve made different choices.....
  • @greyl What does centering pregnancy mean? How often do you have to go to a 2hr appointment? Seems neat but a big time commitment. That super sucks about so much out of pocket. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Had my finger stick this morning for first trimester screening. Next appt is checkup end of March, FTS scan on 3/27 and gender on 4/2! 
  • edited March 2020
    @louise_belcher it’s a program that groups women together based on their due dates (even though my group is pretty broad). You get there and take your BP, weight, and you get a private Doppler. And then you have a group appointment where you go over a bunch of topics relating to where you are in your pregnancy. It’s apparently proven to be really beneficial. You get to meet other moms and learn things from their questions/tips and tricks. We will be going over breastfeeding and newborn care and all that fun stuff so it’s kind of like a class and appointment all in one. We even get our own little book/journal to keep. They line up with regular appointments so right now I’m going once a month then twice monthly until the end I suppose! It definitely is a time commitment, I usually take off from work when I have to go or work at night since they’re at 9 am. 

I’m kind of sad I’m mostly likely going to be moving though! Maybe my next practice will have something similar. 
  • @greyl That is really interesting! I would have loved it with my first. We did classes in the evening and that was great, but didn’t get the possible built in relationships with other women. It would have been too much of a time commitment for my second or this pregnancy.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher for sure!! I was thinking about how it might be difficult to get childcare if your kids dont go to school. Or if you worked a job that didn’t have a lot of flexibility with scheduling, They don’t really recommend bringing children according to the sign but they won’t turn you away. It’s a long time for a child to be there though!