October 2020 Moms
Options

WLS and HG

Anyone have wls prior to being pregnant and/or suffer from severe Hyperemesis?

Re: WLS and HG

• Options
    Hi @knottieNumbers! Please feel free to introduce yourself on the introductions thread if you haven’t already and read through the board organization thread. We try to avoid one off posts like yours to keep the board free of clutter as most topics can fit in a post that already exists. This would be perfect to ask in the great questions thread or randoms thread that this post could have fit into.
    Also, please change your username to something that will help us recognize you. There are instructions on how to change your username in the pinned posts near the top of the board. Welcome & congrats!

• Options
    Yes, I had a duodenal switch
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had sleeve in March 2016. Nausea is so much worse with this pregnancy (8w3d with singleton) versus my twin pregnancy in 2014. 
  • Options
    Actually, @dolewhipper this is perfectly appropriate for its own thread.  Those of us who have had WLS have ENTIRELY different nutritional issues and concerns, and it doesn't benefit us to have them hidden in a thread with hundreds of responses. Frankly, I prefer individual threads for most things and think it's a little ridiculous to do so much policing.  Ease up and stop shaming people into not posting.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Options
    I posted because wls and HG are both a beast of their own. It is extremely hard to find a woman that has dealt with both. Every time I try clicking on other threads I get bogged down or can’t find something. Honestly just trying to find women due around the same time as me and going thru the same things as I navigate thru wls and HG. If this isn’t the place to find support then I can gladly see my way out and find a new group online. The last thing I need is to be policed while trying to find support with less common “conditions” 
  • Options
    @oh_jayrene I'm sorry you got the impression that there was going to be no support here. I'm glad there's actually someone on the board that shares some of the same conditions. It is absolutely not our intention to kick people out. But I hope you understand that are lots of drive-bys that don't have a distinguishable username who tend to use the board like a search engine. Nothing wrong with that except that other forums serve that purpose better than the Bump.

With that said I'm glad that you now have a username we can recognize and tag easily. Feel free to create a support thread as chances are more people joining the group will find it useful. Hope to see you jumping in the dailies as well and get to know you better!
  • Options
    Hi momma! I had the sleeve done December of 2017, a year post-miscarriage. Since then I had another miscarriage (last October) and am now almost 7 weeks into my 5th pregnancy. My nausea has been the most intense this pregnancy in comparison to the others, mind you my miscarriages were at 8+6 and 7+3. I haven’t been throwing up or getting dehydrated but I’m definitely struggling with appetite and drinking plain water.