October 2020 Moms

March Symptoms Thread

dolewhipperdolewhipper member
edited March 2020 in October 2020 Moms
Many of us are getting to the peak of First Tri symptoms... let’s hear them!

Remember, some women get crazy symptoms, some don’t get any. Lack of symptoms doesn’t mean anything about your pregnancy. 

Re: March Symptoms Thread

• I’ll be 9 weeks tomorrow. The morning sickness seems to be ramping up from just nausea to actually throwing up. Can’t keep anything down the last 16 hours :( 
  • @psmk521 have you tried the unisom/b6 trick? It's the only thing that's really been helping
  • Loading the player...
  • I started having cramping and RLP--already at 9w! I never had any cramping with my other two pregnancies so I won't lie, I was terrified. 
  • @dolewhipper no, maybe I’ll look into that. Is it OTC?
    when I first found out I was pregnant I was getting over a cough so I had some RLP then when I coughed. 
  • 7 weeks tomorrow - zero appetite, frequently nauseous with occasional vomiting, very sore boobs, pretty tired but nothing like my
    first pregnancy. 
  • I am about 5 weeks and smelling everything!!! Mostly not good smells. 
  • 7 weeks Tuesday- hot flashes followed by too cold. I’ve had so many night sweats this first tri which is new for me. Night sweats are usually just a post pardum thing for me. 
  • @psmk521 yes unisom is a sleeping aid and take it with vitamin b6. Half of a unisom and 25-50mg of b6. I haven’t heard of a OB saying no to it, but of course I’m not one to give medical advise 😅 both are safe for normal pregnancy. 
  • Postpartum hair loss hit me a little later than I expected so I had a few weeks where it seemed to have tapered off, and then I got pregnant again and my hair always falls out so badly the first few months of pregnancy.. So basically all my hair is gone right now. I went to the salon for a cut and my stylist was so nice about it, but I came home and cried because I have no body left in it at all. I know it's kind of silly, but I've always had thick and unruly hair and now it's all thin, limp, and sad. I'm taking it really hard right now. Anybody else lose all their hair during pregnancy? 

• @JLaVO888 I’m having hot flashes too. Pretty sure people think I’m going crazy when I randomly start taking my layers off. 
  • I basically have to sleep with nothing on freaking hot only at night though. Also have to pee like every hour which I thought was only a late trimester thing. Had a few mild waves of nausea last week and thought on no its begining but hasnt came back since. Really struggled with morning sickness with my first so we will see how long that lasts.
  • My psoriasis has gotten really bad since I found out I was pregnant. I can’t use any of my meds and it’s popped up on my eyelids and hurts.  Called and left a message for my derm to figure out what to do.  I start laser therapy for my skin soon but I don’t think they can laser my eyelids 🤷🏻‍♀️😩
  • 7 weeks tomorrow. Exhaustion and morning sickness are my big ones. I swear I could sleep 16 hours a day! Also moodiness. Poor FI!
  • Omg still getting worse at 9 weeks? This is horrible news. Horrible. 
  • Insomnia and exhaustion seems like an excellent combination right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m 6w3d and my only symptoms are extreme exhaustion, insomnia and mild nausea typically in the evening. It’s rough being so exhausted because we haven’t told anyone and I’m sure my in-laws are wondering why I’m so sleepy! 
  • @bwild89 having to pee at 4 am and several extra times during the work day was my first symptom (way before I even got a positive HPT) this time and I had to google it because I always think of it more as a third tri thing too. It’s due to hormones stimulating your kidneys.  
  • 5 weeks, 3 days - certain smells are making my stomach turn. I’m a little queasy in the morning if I don’t eat something. It feels like I’m bloated pretty much everywhere. The most inconvenient thing is that I get cold really easily now. I can feel a draft from another room! And I haaaate being cold. Also when I’m toweling off in the shower the skin on my legs is super blotchy, which I’ve never experienced before. 
  • 9 week this week. Overall feel like I'm recovering from a stomach bug... Can't think about many types of foods, constant heartburn and nausea. Nauseous most of the day, but no vomiting. Mildly constipated but bloating hit me really hard this week. My belly looks like I'm 20 weeks and I'm not ready to tell people at work yet. Might have to start wearing maternity clothes sooner than I planned...

• 9 week this week. Overall feel like I'm recovering from a stomach bug... Can't think about many types of foods, constant heartburn and nausea. Nauseous most of the day, but no vomiting. Mildly constipated but bloating hit me really hard this week. My belly looks like I'm 20 weeks and I'm not ready to tell people at work yet. Might have to start wearing maternity clothes sooner than I planned...

You're not the only one! I'm pretty petite and look the same way. I'm only 6w4d and I've had one person ask when I'm due and another one ask me if I'm having a boy or a girl.... and I'm NOT out about being pregnant at work yet!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• 5 weeks 4 days, I’ve got a nose like a bloodhound now and I have almost no appetite. Nausea hasn’t hit yet but I definitely feel the fatigue and SORE sore boobs. This is my first pregnancy and I’m so excited for all of it that the symptoms don’t bother me too much, besides having to pee all the time... I’m so happy to have found a forum with other October moms-to-be!
  • 9 weeks, and my constant nausea seems to have waned, but I have food aversion and nausea AFTER I eat. My boobs are still sore, and the bloating belly is popping sooner than I expected. I'm still exhausted and falling asleep on the couch every night. 
  • Waking up like clockwork at 430 to pee. So weird since this never happened with my first, I swear I didn't have to pee overnight until 38 weeks. Nausea has subsided for the most part but aversions and foods not sounding good are going strong. As well as a weirdly dry, congested nose. 
  • 7 weeks. Looking in my fridge makes me gag, thinking about food makes me gag. I hate having to make food for my toddler. He’s been eating a lot of eggo waffles and pbjs. I feel like a terrible mom and he’s probably thinking I’m the best lol. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• I’ll be 6 weeks Friday. Nauseous has started, haven’t throw up yet but I am expecting that shortly. Nothing sounds good to eat. I’m tired all the time. Super bloated. 

Both previous pregnancies I was diagnosed with HG and they say once you have it all additional pregnancies you’ll have it, so I’m trying to be proactive to avoid possible ER trips for dehydration. 
  • I'm 8+2 and feeling so nauseous after eating anything. Sour candy and juice has helped a little, but I am so hungry that I just want to eat! It's a bad cycle. Also exhausted, but unsure if that's due to pregnancy or having 3 small children (both, ha).
  • My symptoms are mostly gone suddenly. I had two days last week with the worst nausea I've experienced in pregnancy thus far (no vomiting though) but then it stopped. I go to bed early every night but the fatigue is not nearly as bad. Other than that, RLP every time I sneeze. The insomnia from weeks past is gone too. Not gonna lie it makes me nervous even though I keep telling myself symptoms come and go.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Oh and hunger seems to sneak up on me quickly (full one minute, ravenous the next) and if I do get too hungry I feel a little queasy.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared I have had a very similar experience to you with my symptoms! I feel like this happened to me in my last pregnancy too and of course worried me.  I’m just trying to tell myself I’m lucky.
  • 6w on Thursday, and I just feel like I have a bad cold. The cramping has died down to just occasional twinges, and boobs are still sore. No nausea! Last time around I felt so sick all the time. This time I can't stop eating. 
  • @MJDsquared I should have read your comments first, because I am feeling the exact same (minus the nausea)!  How far along are you?
  • @sjomomma I'm 8+3!
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @ellemnop90 it's so hard to be chill about it! With my DD I had pretty much no symptoms throughout, so the coming and going of symptoms is new to me.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared my symptoms are pretty mild currently. But the same happened to me last time! I'm 9 weeks and if I remember correctly the placenta starts taking some of the toll so it is very likely that that is the case for you as well. 
  • 7w1d and feeling yuck. So tired, in bed by 8 every night and nap when I can. Queasy and lots of food aversions. Frequent urination and some mild headaches. Really just want to be in bed all day. My first pregnancy I felt great, so actually feeling pregnant is new to me and I'm not loving it!
  • Same! Looking in my fridge right now makes me gag. 
  • @homeport17 @the6ixgirl pretty much the exact same at 9weeks our lil stomach bugs seem to be on schedule 
  • @lelundquist I am right there with you! I feel more pregnant now than I did the entire time I was pregnant with my son.
  • I’m like eight weeks although I’ll know more about how far along I am with a real due date when my ultrasound happens next week. My morning sickness is terribly insane and varies from 12 hours of puking, to I won’t puke the next day, to just a few hours of puking. I just found out my whore of a baby daddy gave me a std (no we aren’t together we broke up in January) and they can’t treat me until I’m 12 weeks. I can’t keep much food down, not even drinks. THESE HEADACHES??? -are insane! The depression? Jesus. I’ll be surprised if my baby lives. Is it possible I’m having twins? I am a twin except my twin miscarried and I lived. Idk what to do.
  • Food feels like my enemy. I’m not even so much nauseated I just feel full and like I can’t think about eating. Then like @MJDsquared I’ll suddenly be starving and feel super sick if I don’t eat.