Trouble TTC

TTTC Check In 2-24-2020

Happy (almost) Monday -- Posting a bit early because I have a crazy week at work! 

Please double-check your name and confirm your Dx & Rx. Please let me know if you'd like to update your Dx & Rx! 

QOTW: If you could vacation for free to one place every year but it had to be the same place each year, where would you go and why? 

Any Rants/Raves from this past week? Tell us about it!

2019 BFP Hall of Fame:
prpl11butterfly: dx: RPL rx: TI with progesterone
cigaline: Dx: unexplained/MFI Rx: IUI
sincethelastday: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
optimisim3: Dx: endometriosis, Hashi’s, possibly adenomyosis Rx: IUI
littleredm: Dx: endometriosis and unexplained Rx: IVF
nancinator: Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
ceauth: Dx: Borderline PCOS, unexplained Rx: medicated IUI
B_1029:  Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI
knockupthestock - Dx: PCOS Rx: Letrozole, dexa, Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and TI

To be added to our Hall of Fame, please let us know when you are comfortable with us doing so!

PAGING:

@inthewoods23 - dx:unexplained. Rx: IVF, gluten free & dairy free diet

@chiblackhawkie - rx: IUI

@blackrose-9 - Dx: PCOS Rx: Femara

@hithertorue - Dx: Low AMH/MFI, unexplained Rx: IVF 

@2dogsmom - Dx: unexplained Rx: IVF

@sara_tory: Dx: PCOS, endometriosis, adenomyosis Rx: IUI 

@ase33 - Dx: PCOS, complex endometrial hyperplasia, amenorrhea Rx: Femara + TI 

@olivklau - Dx: unexplained Rx: IUI

@meri-mac  -Dx: Unexplained sub-fertility, Rx: IVF

@amgpg25 -Dx: Insulin Tolerance, Rx Clomid & IUI

@abarr723 —DX: PCOS, Rx Femara & IUI

@zimmie0818 Dx polyps, Rx IUI

@Amartuso Dx TBD 

@nina205 RX PCOS and low morphology (hubby) Dx Fermara & Trigger

Re: TTTC Check In 2-24-2020

• Alright I ended up staying home sick today so have more time than I thought I would. 

@abarr723 good luck with your trigger and IUI this week!

QOTW: I actually don’t have a great answer for this. I love to travel new places! But this morning I would probably pick Germany. I just feel like there is a lot to do there and I always enjoy it, plus there is a nice mix of outdoor stuff and culture. 

Rant: So despite resting all weekend my cold just got worse and worse. Was trying to avoid taking a day off since I know I will have one next week for ER but I also worried that pushing through work this sick would just make it last longer and I really want to be healthy by ER time!!  Otherwise just doing stims all week — US on Saturday to check progress. Feels like a really long time (9 days) between ultrasounds on stims, but hopefully it’s fine. 

• Moving last weeks convo to this weeks!

@abarr723 Awesome on the triggering tonight!! So exciting! 

@inthewoods23 Yay for all the support! People always surprise you when you reach out and open up. 

@abarr723 I just called in this morning to report cycle day #1. I am going in tomorrow and we are going to discuss adding IUI to this cycles plan... I think I would rather try one or two more cycles at the current plan, but need to talk through all of it given our dual diagnosis. Its so crazy, but there is so much conflicting information out there around low morphology.. I also have not had any tubal testing done yet so I might go ahead and get that done this cycle especially if we are considering the cost of IUI. 

QOTW: Oh gosh this is such a good one! I LOVE to travel. If I was staying in the US I think I would go to Colorado once a year. You could alternate between skiing vacation and beautiful summers (hiking, swimming, etc). My husband and I spend so much time in front of our computers for work, it would be great to have an active vacation once a year. If it was anywhere in the world, I would go to Turks & Caicos. Would be amazing to go somewhere warm and relaxing every year.. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @2dogsmom man, get well soon!!

@nina205 we have a low morph diagnosis too but all my doctors consider that just a yellow flag so we started with IUI too. IUIs are good because the sperm wash should remove many of the abnormal ones.

QOTW: If you could vacation for free to one place every year but it had to be the same place each year, where would you go and why?
    Hands down the answer is always Iceland. If we could switch it up I would say Canada or Scandanavia.

Rave - I start lupron back up on Thursday! Really hoping the next 5 weeks just fly by. I saw my PCP this morning to ask her thoughts if I might actually be gluten sensitive since there have been some fairly drastic changes going on with my body. I could go get tested for celiac and have an allergy panel done but I would need to be eating the stuff for 6-8 weeks. I plan on mostly keeping to GF if we're successful so I wouldn't go back for the testing until probably next year. I think the consensus tends to be if I feel better not eating it, then just keep at it.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @nina205 good luck with your appointment & the decision making on what your next steps were.  If it helps I am glad I did IUIs before moving onto IVF and lots of people on this board ended up with a BFP from IUIs.  Doing an HSG or something similar definitely makes some sense. 

@inthewoods23 yay for starting meds and getting ready for your FET! I know you've been waiting quite a while for this FET and it will be here super soon!  I have heard that about the celiac testing...a good friend of mine gets really sick when eating gluten. Her doctor wanted her to do the test but she couldn't get herself to eat gluten for 6+ weeks beforehand because she gets so ill, so she just decided to stay gluten free and not worry about why.  I'm glad the gluten free seems to be helping you!! 
  • @2dogsmom I'm sorry you'd till feel crappy :( hopefully whatever bug your fighting gtfo sooner rather than later. And i don't know much about IVF, but 9 days does seem like a long time between u/s, you would think they would want to monitor more closely. I went 3 times in 5 days for my IUI.

@nina205 so are you doing femara &trigger w/ TI currently? It doesn't seem like it would be a bad idea to add IUI if you can, and like @inthewoods23 said, the sperm wash would increase your chances! 

@inthewoods23 I mean, if the GF is working for you, stick with it for now, right? Why fix what isn't broken, especially if you feel better. I have a friend who went GF because her doctor said she had an intolerance and needed too. So she did for a few years. But now she eats it with no problem. It's the weirdest thing. Maybe your body just needs a break from the processed stuff gluten tends to be in. 

QOTW: I think If I could go somewhere every year it would be Portugal. H has family there, and it would be nice to be able to see them. Plus, the azores are gorgeous!

Rant/Rave: So to make a super long story, kind of short, my in-laws and I DO NOT get along. They do not like me, and have been so rotten to me. I haven't seen them since our wedding in July 2017 They caused so much drama with the whole thing, and after another series of events, DH stopped speaking to them. But that's a long story for a different day. Any-who, H has been in contact with them lately, and that's fine, like I always tell him, i don't want to be the reason he doesn't have a relationship with his family, i just have no interest in doing so until they apologize for the way they've treated me. So he had gone over there one night last week while I was working, and mentioned we were trying to have a baby. And suddenly they have nothing but great things to say and want to be able to see us and this future baby. And it makes me mad that they think they have the right to just swoop in and try to be grandparents of the year when they've been so rotten to us. I guess I'm just upset that they have FOMO with a baby, but haven't been there for any of our other accomplishments despite constant invites. I guess i have a lot of thinking to do. Any input would be appreciated. 
    May Siggy Challenge: It's Gonna be N*SYNC!

TTC #1: 1/2019
    Dx: 1/2020 Borderline PCOS
    Rx: Femara &Trigger with IUI
    IUI#1 2/26/2020- BETA 3/11 (AF arrived 3/11)
    3/20/2020- Benched due to COVID-19

• @2dogsmom the dietitian I spoke with had the same thought, that often they don't do the celiac test with those that get sooo sick from eating it. Because clearly it causes pain and that's a problem which gets fixed by not eating gluten.

@abarr723 I probably had a tolerance built up since it never bothered me except on occasion and now that tolerance is gone now that I'm purposely gluten free. Definitely going to ease back in to the gluten when I get the all clear if we're successful. Your ILs sound like a piece of work. I've always felt my ILs were a bit intrusive in our lives. Like my MIL was complaining that we didn't say anything about getting our 2 hedgehogs when we had just seen them the weekend prior. Like excuse me if we want to surprise people 🙄 this is also why we've kept all our IF stuff to ourselves because I don't want to give them an idea of when they should expect a "we're pregnant!" announcement. Nor do I want to hear about them being mad that we clued them in to our treatment but chose to wait to the 8-12 week mark to tell them. Which is what we plan on doing anyway with them because I did not appreciate MIL talking to SIL about our troubles (neither know any real details) and then SIL offering to be a surrogate for us. Again, excuse me, but you have no idea what we've been doing and that was waaaay overstepping boundaries. Not to mention she doesn't even qualify because she doesn't have kids and her BMI is too high. Like why offer something you can't even do??
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • abarr723abarr723 member
    edited February 2020
    @inthewoods23 so your in-laws are a piece of work as well it seems. It seems like they just like to gossip and feel like they have any idea what's going on, when they have no idea. And as far as her offering to be a surrogate, I feel like people think they're helping, when really they're not. Like okay, i get it, you can get pregnant, way to rub that in. But in their minds they don't see it that way, they're kind of just ignorant to the situation, not purposefully, but like I said, they think they're being helpful.

I don't think he told them the extent of what's going on with us having a baby, i think it was more along the lines of we're trying to get pregnant, and that's it. I also keep my IF to myself with my family, because i don't have the energy. The only person who knows is my sister, because in a moment of weakness I needed someone to vent to. She's been great about it, doesn't ask questions, waits for me to go to her with info, that kind of thing. I've also shared with a couple of friends just to be able to vent on occasion, but it's the same with them, they're supportive, but don't pry. 

• @abarr723 my SIL has no kids so there is no proof she can easily have kids - which makes her ineligible for surrogacy to begin with. My MIL took 4 years to have DH and was inseminated to have SIL so I suspect she will actually struggle too. I know at one point she was having period problems or something. Something wasn't feeling right and she was in pain so... Who knows. With DH, his SA showed the low morphology and count and motility that is on the low end of normal. I'm sure my ILs being smokers and all that didn't help what DH ended up with. 
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 lol I'm sorry i don't mean to be a jerk, but why is she offered to surrogate if there's not even any proof that she can have children?! Ugh that's annoying. And yes, things were so different in the 70s and 80s, I'm sure them smoking had some kind of contributing factor for YHs issue.

• @inthewoods23 that is insane! Understand people trying to help, but the most insensitive  thing I have ever heard. I am so sorry you had to deal with that... really just unfair. 

@abarr723 I totally get the struggle you are going through... my dad and I have a strained relationship and he has recently been trying to get more involved in my life after years of no contact. It’s really hard to work through it and decide if you want them to be a part of your life. I think ultimately it comes down to time to heal but also protecting yourself. It’s hard to rebuild relationships when you can’t trust that they will be there tomorrow or are even around for the right reasons... For me I just take it day by day and do what feels right in the moment. I hope your in-laws continue to show interest and find a way to apologize/heal the situation, but always remember you have people that love you and have been there for you since day one!! Those are the people that deserve to be surround you during this special time. 

Rant/rave- I travel a lot for work and this cycles timing is not exactly ideal but my clinic has always found a way to help me make it work. Wellll yesterday I had my appointment and my nurse was a part time RN I have never had before. She first did my ultrasound  and I had zero confidence in it. I have had this large complex cyst on my left ovary for a few months now and she literally said “I don’t think that’s cancer”. I was shocked. It’s not cancer, we have already determined this through testing. however, that is not something to just throw out causally... so inappropriate. Then we go to an office to discuss my treatment plan and I explain my travel schedule for work. She immediately responds “you need to take this more seriously” and have to skip this cycle because you are clearly not prioritizing having a baby. I broke down crying, couldn’t even think straight. Luckily my usual RN walked past and set the other nurse straight and got me on a plan so I don’t have to skip this cycle which was great. My doctor later called to apologize which was nice but I’m still in shock. I don’t know how someone who works at an RE’s office can be so insensitive. 

• @abarr723 exactly!! I wasn't there for the actual conversation as it was only with DH (probably a good thing) so I don't know how she actually worded the offer. I was so POed because that's my ute you're talking about which you know no details about plus talk about an empty promise right? The whole topic was irritating even if it was coming from the right place. I just don't think you should ever offer than kind of extreme option to have a child unless you know that is someone's only option.

That was back around Thanksgiving, before we even had the biopsy.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 ugh sorry you have to deal with all that.  My step mom and sister in law have been really insensitive so I totally get it.  Interestingly, my sister offered to be a surrogate for me too, she also has no kids, but I'm super close with my sister and it was offered as a way to try to support and she phrased it as a "if the testing comes back and you need it for some reason" like a she would do anything I needed ...soo much is in the way people approach things!!

@nina205 OMG that is so crazy, I am so sorry you had to go through that! Very glad to hear that the doctor called to apologize because it means it's unlikely to happen again, but still, geez!! 

@abarr723 I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. It sucks that they suddenly care -- definitely do what your gut tells you and protect yourself (and baby), but maybe try to let them in slowly.  Good luck!!  

We have survived 7 days of stims so far. Cannot wait till our ultrasound on Saturday so we can see how this is working! 

• @2dogsmom Best of luck with your Ultrasound on Saturday. Fingers crossed. Are you starting to feel better?
  • @2dogsmom hope you feel better soon!

@inthewoods23 I am gluten sensitive too and just find that not eating it makes all my symptoms 1000X better! I didn’t do the testing because of the costs so I just stick to not eating it lol 

@abarr723 I am so sorry that you are dealing with this. Maybe talk to DH about how you are feeling and see if he can bridge the gap between you and his parents? Do you want them invoked in your future kids lives? Do you think the relationship can be mended? 

Hey guys! I posted this in IF threat in the TTC forum too but I’m gonna re post my question here just in case people only look one place!

DX: PCOS RX/: Provera and clomid

Hi all! I have a question for those who have taken Provera and Clomid. 

I started my first Provera pill today (10mg for 7 days) then I was prescribed clomid 50mg for cycle day 5-9 HOWEVER my husband is coming home March 9th and leaving March 22nd I am concerned if my period doesn’t start for a few days until after Provera is stopped My fertile window will be going into after he is gone no? What would you do in this situation? Just hope AF shows sooner than later and maybe try taking the clomid days 3-7? I don’t want to waste this first cycle because he doesn’t come back home until June!
  • Hey @tryingktogku! Ugh I am sorry, I completely understand how stressful it can be to time cycles correctly with travel/life schedules. In the past I have discussed with my RE taking my Femara days 3-7 to speed up my cycle. They told me its definitely doable and can speed up the cycle process. I have not done it before, but hopefully that is helpful! It's such a tough waiting game, hopefully you get your period soon and you can proceed as normal!