All Group Ticker Change- week of February 24

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: All Group Ticker Change- week of February 24

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 24 weeks 2 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): 12 inch sub ha

Upcoming appointments: midwife appt friday

How are you feeling? Mostly okay. Except I’ve started getting TERRIBLE round ligament pain when walking. Walking is a big part of my commute so this really isn’t fun

Raves/Rants: I got a four pack of Aden and Anais swaddles at TJ Max for a great price this weekend. I know there are much cheaper brands but I just love theirs!

Questions: anyone have any good tips for round ligament pain?

GTKY: DH and I went to India for two weeks 5 years ago and had the bessstttt time! Definitely a trip I’m glad we did before we had kids!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 23+6 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: not for a couple weeks, I think my OB is gone for spring break, so we moved some around and I have one more then I think I start every 2 weeks with a glucose test thrown in there somewhere which is crazy! 

How are you feeling? I keep telling people I’m in the good few weeks where my insomnia is not bad, I only get up 1-2x a night to pee and I’m not so huge it’s painful - yet. Ask me in a couple weeks and I will likely have a very different answer! We went on two walks with DS this weekend though, and by the end I was absolutely exhausted. Not sure if it’s because of the lack of exercise with a winter pregnancy or what but my goodness I was tired. 

Raves/Rants: I ordered a bassinet today! I found a great deal on Albee baby so I can check that off my list. DH brought up the bins with DS’s clothes so I can go through and see what works. Let the nesting begin! 

Questions: is my house destined to be a disaster forever? We moved into a house double the size of our old one and I am having such a hard time keeping up on cleaning. 

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? I am so not a beach person! DH and I went to Boston and Portland Maine for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD/weeks+days: 24+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea (as always)

Upcoming appointments: maybe not for a few weeks-this would be the first time they’ve let me go more than two weeks without so I’m hoping!

How are you feeling? Honestly really sore? I feel so much bigger this time than last time and my back is starting to really hurt a lot. Energy is flagging too. Basically feel like third tri already but we’re not there yet. Other than that, can’t complain! 

Raves/Rants: so tired of work drama. Makes it easier to know I won’t be going back after baby. 

Questions: how did you distract a toddler during nursing sessions? Starting to wondering about that. Also, how old was your LO when they switched to a big kid bed?

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?
    oooh this is hard because my family made it a priority to road trip every summer growing up. I have great memories of our Canadian National Parks road trip. As an adult, we had a ton of fun exploring Texas one year by hitting a bunch of major cities. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/1 26 weeks! 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink. I knew it was a girl before the ultrasound but for some reason I keep having to remind myself it's not another boy. It's bizarre. 

Baby is the size of a(n): bowling pin 

Upcoming appointments: 3/10 I have my glucose testing and starts the every two week appointments. How is this already happening? 

How are you feeling? Sick of being sick and just TIRED. 

Raves/Rants: I'm on my second sinus induced eye infection this pregnancy. Dr said it's common to have eye issues during pregnancy and I'm really hoping it doesn't continue post partum. 

Questions: anyone have good tips for eczema? I don't want to use steoird creams but my arm is killing me! 

GTKY: definitely our honeymoon in kauai. The hiking was unbelievable and we got to take a helicopter ride to the "jurassic park" waterfall. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 23wk. 6/22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: march 3rd 

How are you feeling? Ok. Insomnia is a little better this week.  I have reached the point where my appetite is starting to decrease which happened last time too around this time and lasted into th PP period.  

Raves/Rants: I'm having a great momcation this week. DH had a work trip to Greenville, SC so I tagged along and there is no cooking or cleaning only relaxing for me. He is working, but I get some much needed me time.  DS seems to be having a blast with my parents, but who knew I could miss my little alarm clock as much as I do.  

Questions: any other STM feel the need to have everything ready and perfect much less this time?  I have very little ready for this little one when at this point last time I already had a nursery ordered if not already set up.  

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? Probably our honeymoon or maybe our babymoon before DS.  Both were tropical and all this rainy, nasty weather is making me long for sunshine on the beach.  
  • Options
    @runwmusic I struggle with eczema too and it is always worse during pregnancy. You have my sympathies because it can get so painful! I have been using my son’s over the counter lotion and it works really well, better than the adult stuff.  It is the Eucerin for babies Eczema lotion. I usually get it at Target. 

@alli392 My oldest ended up watching more TV than I care to admit when I was nursing my current youngest. But one thing I would do besides that was read a book to him while I was nursing. He loved feeling like he was involved! We kept the oldest in a crib until he was about 2 1/2 and switched to a big bed when he was able to climb out of the crib.
  • Options
    @runwmusic have you tried using DS’s tubby Todd on it? Or aquaphor maybe? 

@alli392 I have had a couple friends say they had a special bin of “nursing toys” that they got out for their toddler to play with, so that is one option. I am planning to switch DS to a toddler bed at 2, when this baby moves to a crib. That said DS didn’t sleep in his crib until a year so I’m not super hopeful my plan is going to work anyway. 

r@ReneeJ2011 yes, I have nothing ready! It’s not even on my radar, I’m so busy with DS and work and life I just don’t even have time. 
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 Are you sure it's round ligament? I get that occasionally, but it's from a weird or fast movement and fades quickly, like a really quick crampy. Sustained discomfort with every step sounds more like pelvic girdle pain, more likely a muscular or misalignment of bones. Chiropractor, prenatal yoga, support belt can help-SPD is a type of pelvic girdle pain.

@chaos-and-coffee My house will be a disaster until youngest is at least 2 probably, and even then I only get it dug out of cleaning debt because dirty house and clutter cause me anxiety.

@alli392 TV and junk food, lol, plus play dough. Our first moved into twin size bed from crib at 3 almost exactly. our second moved at 15 ish months from crib to toddler size day bed with rail, in her brother's room, super easy.

@runwmusic We love Burt's Bees Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment for everything over here, including eczema and wind chapped face and diaper rash.

@ReneeJ2011 My only concerns with my second (and now third) are just making sure clothes, diapers, swing, car seat bottles, and a place to sleep are ready by 33 weeks. Because I have a preemie so I want essentials done early, and to do nothing late in pregnancy to try to keep stress down. But perfection? nesting? Lol, nope, just want to make sure baby can be dressed, fed, changed, and laid to sleep (assuming they'll let me lay them down).

EDD/weeks+days: June 6, 26+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): head of cauliflower?

Upcoming appointments: Idk. Couple weeks or something

How are you feeling? Now I'm sick, husband is sick, oldest has the legit flu, and my pelvis is still busted up. Waiting on the younger one to get hit. Can't sleep due to pain, can't get out of house. Miserable here, hating using a walker and everything. Ugh.

Raves/Rants: See above. All that and jazz.

Questions: Just the age old-why me?? I know others have it hard/as bad/worse too, but being disabled by pregnancy with two young kids is seriously the pits. I'm a miserable b*. I hate being so cranky, but there's little positive going on. Also, why people gotta keep starting one-off threads??

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? Honeymoon, all inclusive, 10 days in Caribbean. I loved being able to afford fancy cocktails, and fancy food all day long, and snorkling right out our hotel. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail It could definitely be something else!  I just thought it was that as it’s on one side and feels like a pulled muscle (that comes and goes). If it keeps up its def going to be topic one of conversation at my appointment on Friday. And I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time! Making you think about your Caribbean honeymoon probably didn’t help!

@ReneeJ2011 yea that’s definitely me this time too. I’ve picked up a few things here and there but have no plan. I probably won’t pack a hospital bag till 40 weeks because I’m expecting this baby to be so late like her sister 😅.

@chaos-and-coffee no advice because we live in a small apartment but DH and I always talk about how completely overwhelmed we’ll be when we eventually leave London and get an actual house somewhere. Cleaning, filling spaces we didn’t have to think of before, dealing with a back yard- I’m stressed just thinking of it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days:24 weeks 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: Friday 28th MFM appt & I get a sono :smiley:

How are you feeling? Sleepy... neighbor kept us up last night partying while I have to be up at 5:30 for work. other than that pretty good. 

Raves/Rants: Trying to buy a townhome and beginning the process of that has been interesting.  
    Rant: my 2018 chevy malibu has been giving me problems since thursday. They cant find a reason for the check engine light to be on and I am totally losing my patience. When it comes on it reduces my engine power and is very dangerous if I am on a highway.

Questions: none 

Last August we took our first beach vaca to Chincoteague Island VA with princess. We had such a fun time. 
  • Options
    @alli392 idk about the nursing. I will want to know that too. But as for big kid bed. When my son was 3 we got him a twin bed. He spent a little time before that in the toddler conversion of his crib. But we were moving anyways so it seemed good timing to get the big boy bed. And he was fine in it. Just put one of those guard rail things on the side. 

@chaos-and-coffee I’m pretty sure the answer is yes lol. My house constantly looks like I’m losing a game of jumanji lol 😂 

@ReneeJ2011 I’m like the opposite I have had such strong urges to have everything ready and perfect so much earlier this time. Maybe it’s from a long IF/RPL journey to get here but nesting has kicked in so much for me. But I know realistically half the stuff won’t even be used for months 

EDD/weeks+days: 6/21 , 23+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: OB on Thursday and Fetal Echo on Friday

How are you feeling? Mostly good. Still dealing with headaches but the magnesium seems to be helping. Still just so exhausted all the time. 

Raves/Rants: I’ve been spending a lot of time in the nursery getting things organized and decorating. My DS came in last night with a few of his super hero action figures and started playing on the floor with them. Then when we were leaving he said he’s going to leave them there so sister has some toys. It was so sweet even if he doesn’t get that she won’t be playing with toys for awhile. 

Questions: 

Almost 2 yrs ago my mom and I took my DS on a cruise. It was so much fun. He still talks about how it was the best ever. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 22 + 4, June 25th

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming appointments: On St. Patrick’s Day, just regular OB

How are you feeling? I am feeling pretty good, pregnancy-wise. 

Raves/Rants: Finally feeling more consistent movement, which is great. Rant: Have a lingering cough from a cold that will not leave. 

Questions: Anyone have a good cough remedy? It is keeping me up all night. 

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? We went to Cozumel, Mexico which was amazing. We also loved Clearwater, Florida and Sedona, Arizona. 
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 I’m with you...all I have done so far is a half-finished quilt. At this point in my first pregnancy, the nursery was done! I don’t know if it’s less of an urge to nest as much as it is lack of time due to chasing around big brother!

EDD/weeks+days: June 19 / 23+3

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit

Upcoming appointments: March 17 for checkup and GD test

How are you feeling? Mostly fine except for hip pain. And constipation...holy hemorrhoids!

Raves/Rants: My sister gave me a huge bag of clothes from Baby Gap and they are absolutely adorable! It got me pretty excited about being a girl mom...I’ve been more nervous than excited up to this point. I’m a tomboy and I’ll be at a loss if she comes out as a girly girl.

Questions: None today, probably several tomorrow

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? We had a destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta and it was the best week of my life. Besides getting to marry my awesome husband, we had an all inclusive vacation with our closest friends and family, and I will cherish those memories forever.
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee I cannot believe I didn't think of tubby todd 🤦‍♀️ you mean the stuff I use on my kid's eczema? Try that?? Who would have thought.... Baby brain at its finest over here! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 25 weeks 4 days. June 4th 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n):  baseball glove 

Upcoming appointments: 3/11 for 28 week appointment and Glucose test prior. I failed the 1 hr last time but past the 3 hr. I dont want to have to do the 3 hr again. 

How are you feeling? Tired. But good. The Prilosec is helping my heartburn a ton! And overall other than my pelvis hurting periodically pretty good. 

Raves/Rants: DH is gone all week. 3 year old was a nightmare last night. I put him to bed and then went to bed myself at 730. Slept all night. It was glorious. 

Spring is trying to be here. I dont know if it's one of our false starts we normally get or the real thing. Just enjoying it!

Questions: So I thought my scar from my 2nd degree tear with Leif was hurting. It's not. It's a stupid hemorrhoid. I've not had trouble going so I thought I wouldn't get them this time but here they are. Any suggestions on what helps them not to hurt/reduce them? 

We went to Maui for our 10 year anniversary this summer just the two of us. It was amazing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @ErikandAfton A little straight witch hazel on a bit of toilet paper, or Earth Momma Angel Baby Perineal Balm.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 22+5 (June 25)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming appointments: 4 coming up in March.

How are you feeling? Irritable, achey, but hanging in there.

Raves/Rants: DH is doing an awesome job being the stable, predictable parent while I deal with GD and all these appointments and our insurance and some subcontractor BS.  But my toddler is heading into the 2.5 yr old attitude and I can't handle it. Definitely counting days til I'm off the GD hamster wheel too -- though if anyone gets disappointing glucose tests in the near future, you know where to find me. :) I'm two months plus into it this time around. 

Questions: 

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on?  On what turned out to be our last kid-less Christmas season, DH and I spent 3 weeks in southern Germany for the holidays.  We didn't bother with a rental car and took trains and transit everywhere and ending up seeing Munich with a day trip to Zugspitze and one to Neuschwanstein, Stuttgart, Freiburg and several side adventures in the Black Forest, and spent Christmas day in Salzburg. We spent the previous Christmas in Vienna and Prague, which was also amazing, but DH had a few more German words in his vocab and we just did better at exploring and enjoying our time in 2016. We hit ALL the markets we could find.  So many markets.  I miss them.  I make DH Lebkuchen every year (except this year) since that was his favorite Christmas market treat. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 23 + 3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): hedgehog 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday then in a couple weeks

How are you feeling? Decent other than junky sleep

Raves/Rants: Finally had an outfit on today that made me feel pregnant and cute at work. 

Questions: Not so far

After graduating high school I went on a 2 week trip to Switzerland, Italy, and France. It was amazing! 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 22w+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue!

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: another ultrasound on 3/9 to get the heart pictures they couldn't get at the anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Okay. My most persistent issue is the heart palpitations. I've asked the doctor about them a few times and they say there's not much they can do about it. But they happen more frequently and take longer to go away every day. It really worries me.

Raves/Rants: used a few Amazon gift cards to get the pack n play we wanted while it was on sale :) excited about that. 

Questions: nothing at the moment

My study abroad will always be my favorite trip. We hoped around Europe and the UK. One of my long term dreams is be able to afford to go back again some day.
  • Options

EDD/weeks+days: 24w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe (although another app says pomegranate and those seem very different sizes!)

Upcoming appointments: just finished my appt, sitting for my glucose test as i type this

How are you feeling? I feel okay! Super heavy discharge, and pretty bad cramping in the evenings. But overall okay! 

Raves/Rants: my four year old has been fighting some kind of cold since Friday, my two year old has had the stomach bug since Monday and my husband just went to urgent care and has strep. I literally cannot!!! I’m so exhausted caring for all of them (and listening to the complaining from my husband)

Questions: 

We leave for California at the end of March, just husband and I! I cannot wait!!! My favorite vacation was probably to Ireland. Wicklow mountain specifically. But we also love Maui (enough that we moved their for 6 months during a life transition) and rio maggiore. All amazing spots I’d go back to in a heartbeat!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 - Sorry about the sickies!  What part of CA?
  • Options
    @JessiBride San Fran & Big Sur. I’m so excited to just be us two for a couple days. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 - one of the most beautiful parts of the state.  Enjoy!!! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks + days: June 11 25 wks 1 day

baby is the size of: a Napa cabbage

Team pink

Upcoming appointments: 3 hour glucose test on Monday. 

How are you feeling: tired. Overall good. I worked overtime this week and next week and the 12 hours on my feet are killing my back but luckily I have been preceptor to a few new nurses so they have been helpful with lifting and what not.

Rants/raves: I’m really hoping I pass the 3 hour glucose test. It’s the only thing on my mind until I get it over with. Also, I’m about to turn 34 in 4 days and I’d like a piece of birthday cake lol. But in all seriousness, as long as baby girl as healthy, I can get through this. Also, really, really hoping my placenta moves up. 

GTKY: an all inclusive resort in Jamaica. It would’ve been better if it weren’t with my mean ex husband, but it was still nice.
  • Options
    @sheshe3386 Even if you fail your 3 hour on Monday, it'll take them a couple days at least to get your testing supplies and training together. Eat a piece of cake and enjoy it. Chances are you will still be "off record" as far as what you eat and how your blood sugars respond. 

My insurance screwed around and it took me a week to get my supplies. 🤷‍♀️

Happy birthday!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sheshe3386 I turn 34 in 5 days! Bday is 3/4 😊 
  • Options
    @kyrwyn thank you, I’ll gladly accept that advice.
    @runwmusic oh my gosh! Happy fellow 34 bday!
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 Other than buying some cute girl baby clothes, I have done absolutely nothing to prepare for baby #2. Hoping the nesting urge will kick in soon so I can at least get a changing area set up. I need to dig through storage for our baby gear (bouncer/infant car seat/bath seat) and sort through some bags of hand-me-downs, but I’m definitely procrastinating on that.

EDD/weeks+days: June 12 / 25 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower

Upcoming appointments: Just had a routine check-up this morning. Next appt (in 4 weeks) with be the glucose test and then we switch to appts every 2 weeks.

How are you feeling? I hit a wall around 2:30pm every day. Luckily, I work from home and my mom watches my son during the day, so I've been sneaking in a 15-20 minute power nap. Otherwise, feeling pretty good.

Raves/Rants: Finally feeling come consistent baby movement! 

Questions: None

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? Honeymoon in Kauai; Solo trip scuba diving in Bali; Italy by train (Cinque Terra, Rome, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast) before DS was born; Amsterdam when DS was 1. We've got a trip to Miami planned for April as our last family-of-3 vacation - can't wait!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sheshe3386 good luck on Monday! Do they have you following a super strict diet right now?! I just failed my 1hr and they sent instructions for what to do leading up to my three hour. A super strict diet plan for three days, before fasting on the fourth test day. I know you have to fast for it, but I’m curious if all drs make you follow a super strict diet leading up to it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brose1117 thank you, I appreciate it. No, they didn’t give me any kindof strict diet, just to fast 12 hours before the actual test. Good luck to you, too!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 5th. 26 weeks + 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink 💗

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale

Upcoming appointments: March 11th monthly check up and whopping cough vaccine. March 17th glucose test and winrho vaccine 

How are you feeling? Overall pretty great! Haven’t been sleeping as great as usual, and have been a lot more cranky. 

Raves/Rants: work! Long commute of about 1 hour 15 mins each way by public transit. It’s starting to drain the life out of me!

Started picking up a few things for baby used, got a bassinet stand yesterday and today will pick up the fisher price lamb swing. My cousin lent me an uppa baby bassinet and 4 sheets. I also bought baby’s 1st outfit (new)!

So far people have given and lent me: some gender neutral clothes for 0-3 months, sleep sacks/swaddles, bath, bucket car seat, bouncy chair, car seat cover for winter, breast feeding cover, and excersaucer. 

Really want a specific crib and it’s out of stock and they don’t know when they will get more in! The only other place I can find it is way fair and it’s double the price basically and I can’t justify spending that much more! Hopefully it will come back in stock soon or I’ll need to get something else. 

Questions: When should I start setting up baby’s room? 

GTKY: In honor the terrible weather here and me wanting to be on a beach- What’s the best vacation you’ve ever been on? I would say best vacations ever were Italy (where we got engaged 2016) and Greece for the honeymoon (2017)
  • Options
    @spvern if you have time, and things ready to do get started! There's no right or wrong time frame but as it gets closer to due date you'll be glad to have things already taken care of. 
  • Options
    @spvern i agree with @runwmusic i felt much more rushed with my first to get his nursery done and having it finished made me feel calm. This round, I’m just so tired from chasing our two little ones that I’m in no rush. Yesterday we discussed a semi timeline, with hopes that his room is at least painted and furniture/closet set up by May so that I have time to see what we are missing. We’ll see if that actually happens. Most likely babe won’t use his room for at least a month, up to three months, based on when we switched our other two, so I actually appreciate the calmness I feel this round not rushing to get it done. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runwmusic @brose1117 thanks! I need to finish emptying the room. Pick out a color, and I want to do an accent wall with wall paper where the crib will be. The crib I want is out of stock and no date when it’s coming in so I’m waiting on that. I think when I get the color on the wall and the wallpaper up I’ll feel a lot better! I don’t want to leave it too long or I’ll stress out. I only get home from work after 6 every day and I’m too tired to do anything at nights. So it’s just weekends and there’s other stuff to do then! We will get it all done. At least I picked up 2 baby things this weekend so that makes me feel better. For the room I picked up the glider and I have a few things for a shelf. Lol. I also need to get on a registry soon!
  • Options
    @spvern at this point with DS I had the crib put together! Now I have nothing and his room is a complete and total mess, but, I’m planning to keep him in my room for at least the first few months. Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable! 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, you ladies are all light-years ahead of where I was with DS1. We started a master bathroom remodel at about this point, and I couldn't move the furniture out of our office and into the end of our master until it got at least to the finishing stage. I got rid of as much as possible before then, and we got a clean coat of paint on the wall and a blackout blind up about 8 weeks out.  Then we set up the nursery in 3 weekends between 34 and 37 weeks. I was building IKEA furniture at full term. 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I finished getting baby stuff prepared with my first at 35+3. That evening. Went into labor the morning of 35+4 (it wasn't a total shock, I'd been having concerning signs that my providers blew off for weeks, and I am a preemie). So for ME I need to be done by 32 weeks so I can relax and do as little as possible the last few weeks. Not to mention that with my pelvis in bad shape that me moving around or moving stuff those last few weeks I end up in tears. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker