High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pregnancy success after Uterine Fibroid Removal

Hello all,

so my first pregnancy ended at 12 weeks due to a miscarriage. I conceived about 4 months later and had a healthy pregnancy and uneventful vaginal birth. Fast forward 2 1/2 years later and I am thinking about having another baby. Ultrasound shows a 2mm fibroid that my doctor recommended I remove since its size and placement puts me at high risk for miscarriage or even getting pregnant. ( our suspicion is that this fibroid caused my first miscarriage)

So I am looking into laparoscopy fibroid removal. Doctor told me I can start trying to conceive at 3 months after surgery but will need c section to avoid rupture.  For some reason I am terrified of surgery. like is it safe? when I get pregnant can my uterus just rupture if it is too soon- 3 months sounds fast ( I am 40- so waiting 3 months doesn't sound bad at all- but is it safe?)

Plus I am dreading the c -section. i feel if I don't have the surgery and try to get pregnant- I don't want to feel guilty if I have a miscarriage, but if I do have the surgery - does it give me better odds? like fibroid versus scar tissue- 

is the surgery straighforward. am I over thinking it? ? 
any thoughts welcomed

Answers

• Options
    I had fibroid surgery (but in my late 20s), not laproscopy, and had a ton of fibroids removed, many around 5cm. I went on to have 2 successful pregnancies. C-sections for both, but not a big deal and I was awake for both. No significant issues with recovery. Although they did a bikini incision for all and dissolvable stitches. I was up and moving around quickly.

Life is risky, don't let fears hold you back from having the family you want. :)