Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 2/29-3/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 2/29-3/1

• Month/Cycle: 8/2-3?

CD: waiting to bleed but on Provera now! 

WAYDTGKU: Provera and Clomid this cycle, BD every day staring CD 13- 4 days after my positive OPK

R/R: I feel like I was doing so good not hyper focusing on TTC but now that I’m on a medicated cycle I’m right back where I started like it’s all I can think about 

CS/Q:

I posted this in the IF thread but just in case I miss someone I’ll post here too 

I started my first Provera pill yesterday (10mg for 7 days) then I was prescribed clomid 50mg for cycle day 5-9 (You’re supposed to ovulate 5-10 days after the last pill) HOWEVER my husband is coming home March 9th and leaving March 22nd I am concerned if my period doesn’t start for a few days until after Provera is stopped My fertile window will be going into after he is gone no? What would you do in this situation? Just hope AF shows sooner than later and maybe try taking the clomid days 3-7? I don’t want to waste this first cycle because he doesn’t come back home until June!
  • @tryingktogku hi friend!!!!! No experience but I have been wondering where you were

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: opks 

R/R: I think I ovulated yesterday... We will see as my temp was off due to shitty sleep. I am super tired today and I have no motivation to actually work. 

CS/Q:

• Loading the player...
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited February 2020
    @tryingktogku From what you wrote it seems like your timing should be fine unless I’m missing something. If you started yesterday & have to take for 7 days, that puts you finishing the pills on March 5th. Your period should start sometime within those 7 days. So if you’re supposed to take the next treatment for CD5-9, that should give you a window to start that treatment anywhere from, say, around March 3-10.  But of course, it could be earlier or later all depending when AF starts. If you ovulate anywhere from 5-10 days after this you should still have ovulated before he leaves on March 22nd. 

Why would you “BD everyday starting CD 13–4 days after positive OPK?”
  • @keikilove thanks for answering! My OB recommended we BD like that, and I asked about doing it EOD but she prefers couples do it every day unless a semen sample comes back abnormal. As for the Provera I was just wondering when people normally start their period on it because the leaflet says it could take up to 14 days after the last pill to start menstruation. If my period starts before March 10th we will be in the clear but I don’t know when it will start, so say it starts March 12th I’m thinking if I take the clomid CD 3-7 we would still have a decent chance of catching an egg if it works while he is home 

@legendairymomma yay for a positive OPK! Hope you get a better sleep tonight!
  • Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: OPK, Prentals, Maca, SMEP

R/R: I finally caught a positive OPK! It started surging Friday night and it's over now. Yay! We are so done with BD though, poor DH  :D 

CS/Q: Nope, I'll be happy if this works but even if it doesn't at least I know my body followed the program for once. 

• Month/Cycle: 5/3(AL)

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: HIO, Tracking CM, Relaxing this cycle, Clearblue Fertility Monitor, OPKs, PNVs

R/R: I’m working today bleh. But on a positive note, it’s a beautiful day here today and the blue sky is coming out. DH and I and step-daughter are all going out to dinner tonight with my FIL, along with DH’s grandma. Not sure where we’re going later after work but should be nice. I’ll have some drinks tonight too 😁 

CS/Q: None 

@tryingktogku Heyy long time no see around here. Nice to see you back. I’m sorry your back to hyper focusing on TTC. I get it! Its sooo hard not to. I promised myself I wouldn’t do that this cycle and i have been good so far. I’m just taking it easy this month and relaxing and not over reading everything or getting upset. Whatever happens will happen. I sure hope your period comes in time so that your FW is when your hubby is home so you can HIO and catch an egg. FX for you girl. 

@legendairymomma Yay for O yesterday. Sorry you had a shitty sleep and are tired today, I feel ya on having no motivation to work lol Me either. 
  • @willashbaby yahoo for a positive OPK. I know that feeling of being yay it’s over now from BDing 😆 FX this is your cycle. 
  • @willashbaby yay for positive OPKS! 

@mindyb2019 hey girl! Yeah i took a small break from the bump because my body wasn’t doing anything so I didn’t have much to contribute! But I’m backkkk! I love the mantra “what is meant to be is meant to be” and “you are exactly where you are meant to be” but at the same time I’m like eff that wtf word why don’t I have a baby yet, let alone why am I not even ovulating lol I did all the right steps lol 
  • *still lurking*

@tryingktogku I see. Well, I hope the dates turn out right! It’s no fun stressing about the timing when SO is in town. Also, I may have misread your note about BD 4 days after OPK. I guess that means for the 4 days after you get a positive? I thought you meant that your OB said to start having sex 4 days after the positive OPK, which would probably be too late. 
  • @keikilove lol no she wants us to BD everyday start on cycles day 13 until 4 days after a positive OPK! But yes I’m hoping everything just works out
  • Mood:😐
    I had ewcm so I took another lh test to find a surge. DH and I haven't dtd in like 4 days so of course I surge now. I guess I will not be getting sleep tonight.