September 2020 Moms

GTKY: All About the Dads

Tell us about the man behind the bump. How did you meet? How is he feeling about becoming a dad or adding to his brood? What is your favorite thing about him? Does he have any hobbies? Anything else you want to share.
Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
DS2 5/17
#3 Due 9/20
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: All About the Dads

• Loading the player...
  • Cute stories everybody!! 

How did you meet? We had an undergraduate summer internship together over ten years ago. I had a BF (or two 😂) at first but eventually we moved to the same town for grad school and started dating in 2012, married in 2015 (:

How is he feeling about adding to his brood? Well, he's ready. We've been waiting on this baby for a while. I think he's hoping this next one will be more 'low key' like him because DD and I aren't always super easy going. But alas, most kids aren't!! 

What is your favorite thing about him? He had patience for days. He also always does the dishes, which spoils me. He encourages me every day! ❤️

Does he have any hobbies? Not really, but he'll participate in my hobbies (hiking, biking, etc). He does enjoy a good home improvement project however. 
  • @jennifer_louise H does the dishes/dishwasher too and it is the best! That is awesome that he likes home improvement projects! H isn't super interested in that stuff and doesn't feel very confident, so I usually have to push the subject.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • edited February 2020
    @Louise_Belcher I know! It's been especially awesome the last month or so because the various smells and sights of dishes in the sink is basically enough to make me retch. It's actually because he's a bit OCD about dishes and doesn't think I do a good enough job 😂.

MH has his sights set on another girl too. I secretly want a boy this time, although my preference is not strong at all. Either way, one of us will be happy. Do you only have boys? 
  • @jennifer_louise Yes we have 2 boys already (4 and almost 3), so we are both hoping for a girl this time. We both only have brothers, so H just thinks more girls in the family would be fun and I do not disagree.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • We met 18 years ago! Can’t believe it’s been that long. We met through friends just hanging out one evening. He went home and told his family he met the girls he was going to marry. Haha

He is super excited about having another. He loves babies and cuddles. Too bad they have to grow up and leave their junk everywhere. Haha

My favorite thing about him is that he is always an optimist and has an everything will be ok attitude.  

He likes to be outdoors, camp, backpack and fish but unfortunately he doesn’t get to do it much anymore as he has to travel a lot for work. He also enjoys smoking meat and trying new food. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• DH and I met in a college math class for teachers. He was getting his teaching credential in upper elementary and I was focused on primary grades. He talked me into doing both, and we’ve been together since! We both teach HS math (although I’ve been home for 4 years with our kiddos), and couldn’t be happier/more nerdier - lol!
  • We actually met when he was at his buddy’s house who I was intending on hanging out with. That guy was super immature and chose to sit inside and continue playing video games when my now DH came outside and said, “well I will go drive around with you!” (Driving around was really cool, I had just gotten my license). And then he asked for my number that night and that’s all she wrote!   ;)  This is baby #4 for us. I was mostly content at 3, but said maybe....... because I knew he was so hoping for at least 4. He is so excited and loves the busy lifestyle. 

My favorite thing about him is that he truly puts his family (as in his immediate family) first, no matter what, always. Another favorite is that he isn’t afraid to literally split this life with me. House work, taking care of the kids, etc etc. He doesn’t have a problem doing laundry or dishes. 

Hobbies are watching and attending sports events. Fishing when he has time (rare). 
  • H and I met through mutual friends in 2014. He had just moved from Nashville to Tampa and we started dating almost immediately. We were engaged within three months, but didn't marry until a year and half later. Last April we had our first child together, a boy (who is now 10 months), and we were a little shocked, but also excited, to find out we were pregnant again. I already have a son from a previous marriage, so with two boys already in the house, we both kind of have our sights set on a girl. 

My favorite thing about H is the crazy lengths he will go to in order to protect or take care of his friends and family members. He is passionate about life and never just sits idly by. As for hobbies, he loves watching really great movies and he's good at sniffing out titles that I've never heard of before. He also has an extensive knowledge of obscure music and can remember the titles and artists of pretty much any band/artist ever. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Met H at a bar. I had called off my wedding the year prior and wasn't prepared for a relationship. So we started off as "friends with benefits" and after 3 months he told me he loved me. Totally took me by surprise and I told him he was crazy. Then a month later he proposed and we got married 6 months after that. This year is 9 years together. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • I love reading the how you met stories!  I also feel good knowing my husband is not alone in picking up slack right now.  I can’t do a damn thing from being so sick!

we met 9 years ago on a blind date, set up by friends!  We went to the drive in movies, and both were hesitant on getting into something serious, but here we are headed into year 5 of marriage.  

We have a 5 year old and have been trying almost 2 years for baby #2 so we are so so excited. He is a great father, but works very early in the morning, so it’ll be tough adjusting to 2 for me in the morning and bedtime routines. 

He he owns his own business so currently is wrapped in work and we like spending time as a family- movies, out to eat, swimming in the summer months, traveling when we can. 

My favorite thing about him is how hardworking he is and how he loves me and our son.  I feel so blessed that we found each other.  
  • @Louise_Belcher v similar story here too!

Whenever I meet other high school sweethearts, I love hearing "how high school" their story is, and ours is always way more "high school" lol. H and I got together right as my senior year in high school was starting, his junior year. We met in a car pool (because neither of us were driving yet  :D ) by a mutual friend. I was a cheerleader, he was a band nerd (as all my friends were) and I loved flirting with him in the backseat of the car. He never flirted back haha. But my friend once stole my phone and put his number in my phone (a flip phone, you know the kind ;-) ) and I didn't know she did that. So I was at a band party with my friends months later and asked them whose number was in my phone and they said "I DON't KNOW, CALL IT!" So I did, on speaker of course, almost like a prank, and it was him. And I set up a date with him. And literally, the rest is history. That's it :D

That was in 2005, we got married in 2012 after college, had our first in 2016, second in 2018 and I cannot imagine my life with anyone else. My favorite part is that we grew up and matured together. I'm not the same person I was back then and neither is he, and I'm grateful for it.

He used to work in finance and is super analytical but got sick of feeling like he was serving no one but rich people. So he made a complete 180 career change to nursing right around when we had our first daughter and now he works as an RN in the Emergency Department of a Level 1 Trauma Center. I'm so proud of his hard work and dedication to our family. Right now his hobbies are DIYing the house. He's going to DIY a kitchen remodel this April. As in building cabinets from plywood and running new plumbing and electrical. Pray for us  :#

Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • How did you meet? We rode the same bus in high school. We were friends for about a year and when my family was moving away he said he couldn’t lose me and asked me out. We dated the next few years of high school long distance. (1 hr seems like a long way when only one of you has a license). So we started dating at ages 14 &16 and been together since. 

How is he feeling about adding to his brood? Same as me- excited with a sprinkle of what have we done?!? Haha

What is your favorite thing about him? What a wonderful Daddy he is to DD

Does he have any hobbies? Everything Washington Nationals baseball

• How did you meet? We met online almost 3 years ago. I almost did not message him back because I was done with all the bad dates from online!. 

How is he feeling about Becoming a dad? He is so excited...we found out it was a boy a couple of days ago and he was just so happy 

What is your favorite thing about him? He is my rock. He has been there through so much 

Does he have any hobbies? Sports! 
  • DH and I met in university.  He was one year ahead of me, but graduated two years ahead.  We were together from the beginning of my third year and were then long distance for my last two.  He was a 4.5 hour drive away which now doesn't seem like too much but when you don't have a car or an income it is FAR.  Been together since then, and got married in October 2017.

We've been talking about having kids  from the beginning and had initially start trying a year earlier, but decided to make a few financial commitments so put it off a year.  Last May I asked him again when he wanted to have kids, and he responded with 'how about July' meaning like 2 months from them.  He's a total goofball.

He's from a very small town (where our cottage is now) but we live just outside a city now.  He knows how to everything.  Build stuff, electrical, plumbing, cook, its amazing.  I never had a reason to learn a lot of what he knows because I lived in a big city until after university.

He loves to be outside, fishing, hunting and I know he can't wait to have a LO to drag along, because after a few years I won't go as much as he would like - ice fishing is cold!
  • @geojaminee That is cute that you started so early. When people ask when we met they assume we were high school sweethearts when we were basically just acquaintances during high school and both had a couple of college SOs prior to dating each other. In fact, we both stood in the wedding of his college GF before me when she married his best friend.  :D

Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • When I tell people that H and I were teenagers when we met they assume we were high school sweethearts too. Hahahahaha. We would have hated each other in high school XD
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @geojaminee We met in high school (but at 15 and 16 yrs old) in 2005, too! It’s fun to think back that far— and look at embarrassing pictures.  :#