Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday 2/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Thursday 2/27

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/11

Timing: O

Typical LP length: Unsure 

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I went last Friday to get new glasses (my dog ate mine 6 months ago so I've just been wearing contacts) and I love them!! I got two pairs and I am super enjoying having them to wear.

CS/Q: None

• Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 23/8

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: waiting til CD14

R/R: ive been eating terribly lately.  by lately i mean the past two months and thinking i need to start making some little changes.  resigned myself today to cut out most of the carbs i load up on every day so im sure next few days will be trying!

CS/Q: none

• Loading the player...
  • @bserena do you prefer wearing glasses to contacts?  ive been wearing glasses for 20 years and contacts for 16 of those years.  my eyesight is terrible so i prefer the contacts because i dont lose peripheral vision, though i wish i got to wear cute new options depending on the day----though my teenage self wore the colored contacts  :D
  • @asf0613 Not really, I typically would rather wear contacts, but my eyes will get dry and irritated sometimes and it is nice to be able to wear glasses on those days! Also at night so I can fall asleep watching TV and not get back up to take out my contacts  :D I have really bad eyesight too, it sucks!!!! 
  • edited February 2020

Month/Cycle: 8/7/1(AL)

CD/DPO: 20 

Timing: benched 

Typical LP length: 14 days 

Testing: I’m not 

R/R: this might be a slight TW: 

I’m so ready to get back to TTC. I’ve seen conflicting information about how long to wait after being given methotrexate. So I’m going to do more research, but I may pull myself off of the bench a little sooner than planned. Since I’m finishing my second full cycle. (I’m only counting this as 1 because it was like a withdrawal bleed. But I did ovulate last month) I still have to get my folate back up. And I only have 1 tube, so it’s not like I’ll be a 1 off unicorn! Maybe I’ll just NTNP. 

CS/Q: Nothing to see. 

Edited to add: 
    I found this on the FDA website regarding the medication. I don’t want anyone to think that the health of my future thb is not my top priority. I will discuss with my doc before moving forward. 

@bserena new glasses are the best! I always feel like a new woman when I buy them! 

@asf0613 Same girl! I’ve heard low carb/keto is a good fertility diet too! 

Updated to add spoiler 

• @photographerwife NTNP sounds like a great plan! So sorry that you are back here but it is good to "see" you <3 
  • @bserena yay for new glasses! I just got a new pair last week too, it’s crazy how much better they work than my old pair. I really only wear mine to drive since my vision isn’t that bad...I’m near-sighted and I really only feel like I need them if I’m trying to read something far away. MH nags me all the time that I should wear them but I don’t like to lol.
    @asf0613 good luck with the healthy eating!! I’ve been trying too, but I love carbs so much lol. I’m weak!! 
    @photographerwife NTNP sounds like a good plan if you feel it’s safe! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 22/10

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, +1

Typical LP length: Unsure

Testing: Monday if I don’t have any spotting by then. Maybe. I always feel dumb when I test early and then get AF two days later. 🙄 But the urge to pee on something is strong!

R/R: We had a pediatric dentist come and talk to our preschoolers today and my class was soooo cute and precious! They were cracking us all up. Fun day. 

CS/Q: Nope 

• @photographerwife seconding that NTNP sounds like just the thing!

and to all as an update on my healthy eating--just ruined that with lunch.  had this amazing turkey and avocado sandwich on ciabatta with bacon  :#
  • Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD/DPO: 29/11

Timing: 👍

Typical LP length: 🤷‍♀️

Testing: going to try to wait till Tuesday 

R/R: just kinda cranky this week and not sleeping well. 

CS/Q: I’m adding my temps but otherwise trying not to look 🙈 

@bserena yay for new glasses :smile:

@kitkatz1990 I hate when that happens. Quite a few times I’ve thought this has got to be the month, all the signs are good and then AF starts right after I test. I feel like I keep wasting tests. 😥

• @keeponknittingon exactly!! I won’t even buy any because I know if I buy them I will use them, and I want to make myself wait. The second half of the TWW is torture lol
  • @bserena Yay for new glasses!  It's a nice accessory to have sometimes.  And yay for giving your eyes a break after wearing contacts for so long.

@asf0613 You're my hero for cutting carbs.  I LOVE carbs.  I've been eating terrible lately too and despite working out for over a month, I've lost NOTHING.  I think I'm going to have to start eating better.  Good luck!

@photographerwife I only have one tube too.  I had my left tube removed last year due to damage from endometriosis.  Sometimes I wish I could tell which side I was ovulating from to see if it's worth it to even try.

@kitkatz1990 Look at that timing!!  I'm jealous.  H hasn't been in the mood and we're just NTNP so I'm trying not to push him too much.  But c'mon sex is fun and I wish we had it that much!

@keeponknittingon Boo not sleeping well.  That always affects my mood in a negative way.  Hope you get some sleep soon!

Month/Cycle: 2/2 after 3 years during round 1

CD/DPO: 20/3ish (not temping so can't confirm, just going off CM)

Timing: meh, ok I guess.  If i'm right after O then it's -3, 0

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: nope.  Trying not to pee on things.

R/R: My house is a disaster and I have zero motivation to clean.  I'm also dealing with sciatica so I'm extra cranky.  It helps if I get up and move but all I want to do today is NOT move.  I'm trying to get my photography business going, so maybe I'll work on that...and by that I mean maybe I'll feel productive if I just pin things on Pinterest.

CS/Q: nothing to see here

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• @linzrunz Oh no, I have sciatica too and when I have flare ups it is terrible!!!! Hope it starts feeling better soon. Have you ever tried a tens machine? I got a cheap one off of Amazon and I put it on my lower back/upper butt/hips and it actually helps my sciatic pain.
  • @bserena H has one of those for his back (he has bulging discs) and I used it the other night.  I should use it again today!  I've also been doing heat and ibuprofen which has kinda taken the edge off a little bit.  If I could get the shooting pains down my leg to go away I think I could handle it.

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @linzrunz lol we are NTNP too!! DH happened to be off work during my FW. 😂 I feel you on the no motivation thing. I am super struggling in that area right now. I’m going to try to go home and clean all the things! 
  • @kitkatz1990 One thing I've found helpful to get me motivation to clean is to set up my phone and record a timelapse video.  Watching that video after is so satisfying.  Maybe I'll try that today.  Hope you can get some cleaning done!  You can do it! :)

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Left tube removed

• @keeponknittingon hope you feel better soon!
    @kitkatz1990 you can do it! 
    @linzrunz After I had my surgery, I asked the doctor about that! He said that your fallopian tubes aren't actually attached to your ovaries, they float behind your uterus. Technically the tube can grab an egg from either ovary. But I do think the chances are higher if its left tube, left ovary. etc...GL with your business!
  • Month/Cycle: 5/9

CD/DPO: 19/6-8

Timing: really good 

Typical LP length: still regulating 

Testing: I want to test but it is way too early I think so I will wait until next week sometime. 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  temps are all over the place so no use to look at the chart until I have a few more weeks to provide some clarity. 

• @photographerwife do you have psoriasis too? 

@kitkatz1990 I made the mistake of getting a pack of tests a few weeks ago and I made DH hide them from me so I don’t waste them. 
  • @allthingscozy I don’t. But I know they can use that medication for psoriasis too because they offered to DH a while back. I was treated for an ectopic pregnancy early January. But still had to have surgery because my tube ruptured. 
  • @photographerwife I’m so sorry! I apologize if I brought up anything for you. I never realized they used it for other purposes. 
  • @allthingscozy you’re fine, this is a safe place to talk about those things! I think its primarily used to treat rheumatoid arthritis!  I’ve read a lot about it since.