Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday 2/27

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Thursday 2/27

• Month/Cycle: 9/5

CD: 74

WAYDTGKU: prenatals, temping, currently NTNP

R/R: my doctor appointment is supposed to be today but I'm not sure if I'll make it there with the weather. The office is a 5 minute drive from my house but we're under a blizzard warning today. I'm hoping I can still make it there though.  The bright side is that today is a snow day so I get to stay home in my pajamas! But I'm pretty worried about the All county festival tomorrow and Saturday because the blizzard warning goes through tomorrow evening.

CS/Q:  
  • Month/Cycle: 15/17 including 2 benched. 

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, tracking CM

R/R: No update on the client drama front - but the good news is the partner on the audit finally is interested in moving things along so hopefully we can wrap up in the near future. My rant is that 2 different people asked me yesterday if I am planning to have a baby soon. One has asked me that before and then the other was via phone so I didn’t think it was because I looked pregnant. But when I was leaving the office, I was on the elevator with a female coworker and a male partner asked us to hold the elevator. When he got on, the female coworker said “I shouldn’t have held it for you because I was going to ask bows a girl question” 😡. I may be being sensitive because of the 2 people earlier but I got out of that elevator as fast as I could. Never wearing that outfit again haha. I had a headache last night so we didn’t DTD but tonight is the night!

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • @bows22 ugh what is wrong with people?? Why does anyone think that's an okay question to ask? 
  • @gingermama29 oh no! I hope you can make it to your appointment. I’m glad it’s not far. Enjoy your snow day! Hopefully you don’t get as much as they are thinking. I have to say though that I’m pretty sure you were the one wishing for more snow! There you go haha!
  • @gingermama29 so sorry for your blizzard warning, but at least it resulted in a snow day!! Hopefully you’re still able to make it to your appointment. 

@bows22 that is so frustrating! People are so obnoxious. 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: temping, prenatals, tracking CM, BD EOD

R/R: Not too much going on today, it’s very windy and cold which I am NOT a fan of. But I think the weather is going to turn around soon here, and maybe it’ll be feeling like spring as March comes around! My in-laws are taking DH and I out to dinner tonight as an early birthday celebration for me, so that should be fun!

CS/Q: 

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, pnvs, preseed 

R/R: got to work super early, since I wasn't sure how traffic was going to be.  Enjoying a latte and some zucchini bread.  I normally don't get coffee, so this is a fun treat.  Hoping for no upset stomach later.  

@gingermama29. Good luck today and FX crossed for this weekend.  

@bows22 I am so sorry about that!  I think it is so inappropriate for people to ask that.  This journey has really opened my eyes up about being sensitive to that question when talking with other people.  You are amazing and will hopefully very soon have a good answer.  

Mini rant about inappropriate pregnancy questions:

I met a new hairdresser once.  He asked me, "did you recently have a baby?". Umm...no and there had better be something in my hair making you think that.  Then after discussing what I wanted and getting my hair washed, he asked "well do you want to have a baby?" Yes we would like to have a baby.  "Well are you actively trying to get pregnant?". I was so mad!  Like who are you and what is your deal?  Do you think women like to talk about this?  Why would I discuss this with someone I just met?  I never went back to him again.  

@runningoncookies Happy early bday!!

• @runningoncookies have fun tonight! Do you get to pick the place?

@bluetickgal jealous of your free weekend at home! We haven’t had one in forever. I hope you aren’t getting sick but at least if you are you can just relax all weekend! And you’re right about not being close with the coworker. We have a happy hour tomorrow so at least I’ll get to prove the state of my uterus again 

@dobiemom11 oh my gosh your rant makes me so mad! Why keep going? If you wanted to share more you would!
  • @legallykate I’m weirdly hopeful about this cycle also because the due date would be packed in with a bunch of other stuff. Bring on the crazy though! Enjoy the catered lunch! I love those days!
  • Month/Cycle: 19 

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: IVF 

R/R: Well DH got stuck working late on our first night of no tv! So I sat in the dining room and read a book while I ate my dinner and went to bed early! It was actually really nice! He's probably going to get stuck again today, so I may work on painting the laundry room.

I got a warning yesterday because of the Peggy post, so I guess I'm going to have to play nice for the next six months  B)

CS/Q: none
  • @gingermama29 - Oh man! I hope you were still able to make it to your appointment! You're so lucky that you live so close!

@bows22 - What is wrong with people? I thankfully haven't been asked this recently (because I think literally everyone knows we started trying forever ago), but I think I would just burst out crying - one because I'm emotional all the time, and 2 to make them feel terrible for asking!

@runningoncookies - Fun! Enjoy dinner out tonight!

@bluetickgal - Almost there! Hope you're not getting sick! I swear by airborne to get me thru the winter months relatively unscathed!

@dobiemom11 - Wow how frustrating! People are so nosy and inconsiderate

@legallykate - Yum! I wish our office did fun things like that!
  • @feather_heather I know, I told my friend that if that elevator coworker does ask me I’m going to say “nope just fat with a broken uterus” but she said I can’t say that 😂. Your night does sound really nice! What are you reading?
  • @bows22 - Ohh I like that response too! I just started Lock Every Door by Riley Sager!
  • Dang girls... this place is hopping this morning and it's only 9:15am!

Month/Cycle: 17/14

CD: 49

WAYDTGKU: Well... first AF has to arrive and then we can finally NTNP!

R/R: Today is my Fri-YAY!!! Woot Woot!! I have lots to do today at work too so that should make the day fly by. But then I have lots to do when I get home and I am so tired today so I'm not sure sure how much I'll cross off that list, but we shall see! I fell asleep on the couch last night before 9.... oops!

Also, I have a sad feeling that I'm going to be out for any hope at November seeing as how February is practically over and AF still isn't here :( 

CS/Q: nothing to see here!

@gingermama29 yay for snow days!! I'm actually jealous... we've had a pretty mild winter, so far anyway, and all I want is one good snow storm before Spring. Just one... that's it! I really really REALLY hope you make it to that appointment! You need to go! You need answers!

@bows22 Ugh, I'm sorry friend :( I've been wearing looser tops lately because of all of this bloat... by the end of the day I look like I'm a few months KU and then I just get more upset with myself (ya know... because I'm NOT!) I know the questions you got yesterday are innocent, but they still sting so much... people just don't know!

@runningoncookies I wonder if we live somewhat close to one another - it's cold and windy here too but the weather next week (aside from the never ending rain) looks promising temp wise!

@bluetickgal that's interesting about the RHR spike... is that really a thing? I maybe have to start paying attention to that, out of curiosity, but not during my NTNP cycle (yeah right hahaha... as if!) Also, I'm always in love with your weekend countdown pep talks!

@dobiemom11 mmmm zucchini bread! I used to LOVE drinking lattes but they have started to upset my stomach so I haven't had one in a while. I honestly think it's more so the milk than the coffee/espresso. I hope it goes easy on you later!

@legallykate ooooo catered tex-mex lunch! Yum!!! Enjoy it!!

@feather_heather Look at you being so productive!! What color are you going to paint the laundry room?

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @kpearse99 - Lucky!! Any fun plans for your long weekend? Two of the walls are Valspar Cafe Blu and the others that need to be painted still will be white!
  • @feather_heather we are going to FL tomorrow with our friends for a long weekend! It will be so nice to just get away for a bit! I just googled that color, it's really pretty!!!
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @gingermama29 nooooo!!! I hope you get o go to your appointment and have the festival on Sat! 
    @bows22 ew, everyone needs to f*^#& off! I am sure it wasn’t your outfit! People are just obnoxious. 
    @runningoncookies have a nice dinner!
    @bluetickgal FX you’re not getting sick! On the bright side though, if you are sick, at least you have a free weekend at home to rest and recover. 
    @dobiemom11 mmmmm latte and zucchini bread.... enjoy the morning! 
    @legallykate FX for you for this cycle!!! 🤣
    @feather_heather Nice! I need to get my butt to bed earlier - maybe I need to cut tv out too?! Lol. 
    Come on @kpearse99’s ute!!! Bleed already!! We’ll just have to start the December hype early for you! 

• Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Zinc, folate, pnv, bbt, OPK, checking CM

R/R: I left work 30 mins early yesterday in an attempt to get home and get dinner early so I could go to the 7pm Ash Wednesday mass but there was a fatal crash on one of our major bridges so they closed it down and traffic was rerouted to the bridge I take home. It took me an hour and 35 minutes to get home where it normally would take just 35 even in traffic. So I gave up on the whole cooking thing. Then I tried to go to church and it was packed! No parking and people already standing in the back. So I gave up on that too, went home, cooked shrimp and watched some Girl Scout baking show on Hulu. Lol! 

CS/Q: Nope Thank you to those of you who told me the open triangles on my chart are due to taking temp at different time than usual. I confirmed that is the case. Woops. 

• @gingermama29 oh good! I hope you get some answers at your appointment! 
  • @gingermama29 I'm glad you finally got in to see them and that there is some testing coming up! How do you feel about this plan?

@krystrist2014 OMG how tragic of an accident! Goodness lady, what a Wednesday night!!
    Our TTC Journey

• @krystrist2014 that's quite the Wednesday night! Sorry it was so crazy. 

@kpearse99 I feel pretty good about it. I had all of this done in 2016 right before I lost a lot of weight (which was the advice of my midwife at the time). That's how they diagnosed my PCOS officially. I'll be curious if much has changed since then
  • @gingermama29 glad you made it to your appointment and that you're feeling good about it! Fingers crossed you get enough snow to feel like one last storm but not enough to cancel the music festival! 

@bows22 I like your snarky comeback and would want to say that myself! In reality I would probably just be really awkward.  I hope today is better. 

@runningoncookies happy early birthday! I hope you have a nice dinner.

@bluetickgal I'm impressed by your heart rate on your chart! Do you record it at night? 

@legallykate ohh Tex Mex! Sounds like a great lunch!

@feather_heather I read that a bit ago! I didn't see the ending coming! Enjoy! 

@kpearse99 so jealous of your weekend plans! Have a great time!

@krystrist2014 sorry your night was so crazy last night! Hoping for an easier time home tonight for you. 

Month/cycle:  10 / 9 (8 AL#2)

CD: 6 

WAYDTGKU: pnvs, OPKs, charting, trying not to stress

R/R: coronavirus stuff is starting to make me worry a bit! I live in a very congested urban area with a lot of international travelers, and work in a school with kids who bring every germ in. The flu always goes through my building like crazy so this has me worried.... Thinking about things to stock up on this weekend JIC. I'm not freaking out but MH or I go to the grocery store 2/3x a week so I'm like oh maybe we should try to plan a bit better. 

CS/Q: none
  • @dobiemom11 your morning treat of a latte & zucchini bread sounds wonderful!
    @legallykate catered lunch is totally worth it!! Fingers crossed your hopefulness pays off for November!! 
    @feather_heather thanks, I may need to get some Airborne! I’ve been lucky and haven’t gotten sick this winter, but it may be catching up with me now! I’m glad you were able to make the most of your evening alone! Hope you get some painting done and have another relaxing evening! 
    @kpearse99 Yay for FriYay!! I hope you can be a part of the November hype...but if not, we’ll get the December hype going too!! I hope you can get your to-do list complete but still get some rest in! Yeah, I’ve noticed my RHR usually goes up a bit the day of O, and then starts going down when AF is on her way. It’s not as accurate or consistent as temps, but it’s happened 3 of the past 4 cycles since I’ve been charting both. I’m curious to see if it’s the same this cycle! Bahaha, you better believe I’d be looking at it during a NTNP cycle too...no shame! You know me, gotta keep everyone informed about how close we are to the weekend!! 😂
    @krystrist2014 sorry things just didn’t seem to work out for you yesterday...your evening sounds like it ended pretty nicely though! I’m intrigued with the Girl Scout baking show...I may need to check that out! I hope today goes much smoother than yesterday for you!! 
    @gingermama29 yay for them getting you in earlier!! I’m so glad you should be getting some answers soon and a plan in place to best control your PCOS! 
    @_orchid_ my FitBit tracks it while I sleep and I enter it in the morning. It actually dropped 1 BPM today so I updated it, but it usually stays pretty close during the day to what it is right after waking up. Hopefully you can limit extra trips out in public, just as a precaution! I’m really hoping it doesn’t become widespread here, but it sounds like it  could! 😒
  • Month/Cycle: 5/3(AL)

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKS, PNVs, Tracking CM, Clearblue fertility Monitor, HIO

R/R: I’m annoyed by AF. Just when I think she’s gone and I’m all done. Nope, I wipe and I’m spotting again and again etc., she’s back! Ugh. Does this ever happen to you ladies? I don’t get why that happens. Hurry up and go away already lol I got crap to do. It’s a crappy rainy day here and I don’t feel like doing anything productive today. I just want to be a lazy bum on the couch 😆

CS/Q: None 

@kpearse99 yay. Fri-yay lol I hope you are able to get lost of your list today. Aww, I’m sorry my friend that your feeling sad and feel you will be out for November. Come on AF. Get your s*$t together and show up!! 

@legallykate mmm a Tex mex lunch sounds sooo good, That’s nice of your work. I hope you enjoy your yummy lunch today. I hope this cycle is it for you girl. 

@gingermama29 sooo jealous of your snow day today. I wanna stay at home in my jammies lol I hope your doctors visit goes well. 

@bows22 omg I’m so sorry those people asked you that. Why do people feel the need to ask such questions? It’s so frustrating.

@feather_heather sorry you got a warning yesterday due to the Peggy post. that’s nice you were able to sit last night and read your book and eat your dinner. Sorry YH has to work late these days. 

@dobiemom11 Enjoy your coffee and zucchini bread. That sounds good. I love coffee but don’t drink it very often as it makes me really sick and gives me a horrible headache and upsets my tummy. 

@runningoncookies aww that’s nice of your in-laws. I hope you enjoy your dinner out tonight and hopefully that weather will turn around and bring spring soon. 

@bluetickgal oh no, I hope your not getting sick. That’s not good. Im Sorry that the weather postponed your traveling plans this weekend. I hope O comes soon for you. 
  • @kpearse99. I have to get it made with coconut or almond milk.  I am not supposed to drink them due to all the acidity, but it was so cold and early this morning!
  • @mindyb2019 I've had that happen a few times... it sucks and it's frustrating!! Hopefully it's just spotting for you and will be short lived.

@dobiemom11 You do what you gotta do to stay warm!!!

Our TTC Journey

• krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited February 2020
    Edited for incorrect tag fixes
    @kpearse99 yeah it was sad, two people died in the crash. It definitely made me count my blessings and kept me from being angry at the traffic. 
    @bluetickgal I looked it up to give you the proper name! It’s called “Girl Scout Baking Championship”. It was a fun mindless thing to watch after a stressful day.
    @_orchid_ my sister lives in SF and was texting me about how the first case of unknown transmission was just confirmed in the Bay Area. It’s definitely starting to feel a bit more concerning closer to home. I really hope they determine the origin for that case so that we know. 
    @mindyb2019 was gonna save this for the funny’s tomorrow but it’s relevant now, so...

• mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited February 2020
    @krystrist2014 😂😆 Omg yesss. Love it 
  • @krystrist2014 that’s so sad about the accident. I’m sorry your church was so crowded but it makes me happy that so many people were there! 

@_orchid_ I said the same thing to DH the other day about stocking up. I’m not overly concerned about the virus itself but I do think there is a chance that there could be mass panic resulting in people clearing the shelves. So just think we should make sure we’re not low on anything, refill our medications, etc. It can’t hurt to be a little more prepared than normal right?

@mindyb2019 that doesn’t usually happen to me with AF but it actually did this cycle! I was very annoyed 
  • @bows22 how many days did it take for the spotting to go away completely? It is very annoying and I’m getting irritated. 
  • @mindyb2019 It wasn’t long, it was more like I had nothing for a day and then spotting for a day or 2. I hope it stops for you soon. 
  • @krystrist2014 thanks, I’ll have to check that out! Also...that meme is hilarious, and unfortunately so true!
    @mindyb2019 thanks! I’ve had the AF fake-out on quite a few of my most recent cycles after thinking it was basically over! I had spotting through CD8 this cycle and last cycle, and CD7 the two before that. Hopefully she is gone for you very soon! 
  • @krystrist2014 😂😂😂 that meme

@bows22 that's mostly what I'm worried about... I think a big Costco trip is coming this weekend. I mean if I buy 3 months worth of laundry detergent now I'll use it eventually anyway, right? 😆