October 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread

• @JLaVO888 you’re a great friend. Keep me updated, ectopics are difficult 
  • @JLaVO888 have not experienced the spotting and cramping but had an unofficial u/s yesterday at 7w5d and nothing was visible other than the sac. My hcG was also 38,000 last week at 6w. I’m scheduled for an official u/s this coming tues which is 8 days away from yesterday’s appointment and very unsettling to have to wait that long. Prayers for you and keep us all posted. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mammatoomc I’m so sorry. That’s sounds like an awful 8 days of waiting. Prayers for you too. 

She’s at ER now. Nurse kind of made her feel silly for going in. I told her it’s way better to be safe than sorry in this case. 
  • Thank you so much for updating us, @JLaVO888 I hate when drs/nurses make patients feel silly for going in. The same happened to me with my ectopic; we know our bodies better than anyone. FX in a couple weeks she gets that heartbeat.
  • Thanks for being so supportive of my friend ❤️❤️❤️ She’s having a rough day today becuase she’s exhausted and emotional about it and feeling guilty about that. I’ve tried to reassure her it’s completely fine for her to feel overwhelmed and worried and it not being ectopic is such a good sign! I’m really praying for that heartbeat. 
  • I hate that I'm posting here again. No bleeding but I figured this might be the best place for this. Had a recheck ultrasound today after my ER visit 11 days ago. There is a fetus with a heartbeat....but it is too small. I'm at 8 weeks tomorrow and it's measuring 6 weeks 4 days. Heart rate was 76, way too low. The doctor was very, very kind but said her gut is saying this is not going to end well. I'm torturing myself by reading study after study on CRL and heart rate, which also support this ending too soon. Will have an ultrasound again in 2 weeks, but I'm losing hope. If anyone has ever been through this I would appreciate any advice you have for how to deal. Also, what words of advice for helping my husband as well. He's trying to stay strong but I know he is struggling.
  • @futuredvmmama I'm so sorry ❤️ My only advice would be to take care of yourself, and know that if your fears are confirmed, it's not your fault.

I'll be hoping for a good outcome, despite the doctor's warning and your research.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @futuredvmmama I’m sorry for the extra worry and stress. I’ve had two miscarriages, one after we saw the heartbeat and baby still measured perfectly on track. It was devastating for our whole family. I know it’s hard to hold on to hope but as long as you are still pregnant I would try. Hugs. There’s nothing you did wrong and unfortunately nothing anyone can do to change the outcome. Sending you lots of love. ♥️ I’m hoping that you have a miracle baby in there. 
  • @futuredvmmama I’m so sorry - I hope it works out ❤️
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • I’m so sorry @futuredvmmama. Please take care of yourself. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @futuredvmmama Very sorry to hear this. I’m hoping for a miracle baby too for you. It has to be absolutely horrible knowing those odds. Like others said be kind to yourself. Sending love and hugs. ❤️❤️
  • @futuredvmmama I also should have said that it’s only a 1% chance of a miscarriage after you’ve seen the heartbeat so even if it’s “low” the odds are in your favor. Just if you wanted some good news to hold onto. 
  • @dolewhipper @morethanamama I have been to the doctor twice this week. On Tuesday I went because of my original post. US was good and I was able to hear my baby heartbeat. On yesterday while at work my bleeding increased and by 3:30 I was passing small clots. Went to ER and had the worst doctor ever. She wouldn’t give me any information about the US they did or nothing just told me to follow up with my OB today. Called OB today and they said the US was fine and baby still has a heartbeat but I gotta come in on Monday to get my blood drawn to compare my HCG levels. 

So it’s just a waiting game. All I know is I’m bleeding and cramping now like I’m on my period. Changing pad every 3 hours. I can’t have any sex which is my stress reliever so I’m going crazy. I stayed home today and almost lost my mind doing nothing but elevating my feet all day. 

Thanks for your prayers. 
  • Oh @kuntreegirl1018 I'm so sorry you're going through this. Please take care of yourself. Keep us posted, and FX things go well with your OB on Monday.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @futuredvmmama and @kuntreegirl1018 I’m thinking of both of you ladies ♥️ Keep us updated and we’re here if you need to vent 
  • @kuntreegirl1018 FX for good results on Monday. ❤️
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • For those of you who have had a some spotting - I had some pink/red cervical mucus when wiping a couple of times about 10 days ago (I’m almost 7 weeks now).  I went to the DR yesterday for some reassurance and I got an ultrasound and currently have a healthy babe with a good heart rate.  Obviously things could still go wrong, know it was so good to see that as of now my spotting hasn’t meant anything for the health of the baby!
  • @kuntreegirl1018 - thinking of you, please keep us posted! <3 
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
  • @rinnadoodle sounds like it was a subchronic hematoma! Actually pretty common. Happened to my sister in her first pregnancy, I can tell how scary it could be. Glad it was nothing serious!
  • Thanks everyone. At this point it's just a waiting game, which is pure torture. The doctor in me has read every journal article under the sun and I've yet to find one to tell me it might work out still. Fetal heart rates under 90 at 8 weeks gestation are considered "dismal". I feel less and less pregnant by the day- the little nausea I had is non-existent, no more ligament pain. It sounds and feels terrible but at this point I just wish it would let go and just miscarry right now vs waiting another week. Sorry, a little vent, but it's just so hard. 
  • @futuredvmmama I completely understand where you’re coming from. Can you call and tell the nurses you believe you miscarried and want to get seen ASAP? Maybe they can see you this week. Sending so much light your way 
  • @futuredvmmama no chance you O’d later? I’m so sorry. I agree with @dolewhipper about calling back and asking for another appointment this week. 
  • @futuredvmmama Hoping you can get better news or the closure you need. I’m sure the limbo land of in between the two is a horrible place to be. Keep checking in for support from us while you wait. ❤️
  • I might call and try to be seen this week- it's really hard for my husband and I to coordinate schedules and he really wants to be there. When I was in the ER for spotting a couple of weeks ago, I measured right on based on lmp and ovulating 14 days later. Even if it was somewhat later, little babe shouldn't have a heart rate that slow. I've been trying to keep busy, but like anything, once something is on your mind, you see it everywhere. Pregnant women are multiplying in droves, every other commercial is baby related....hard to escape the thoughts. 
  • @futuredvmmama I’m sorry, it’s really a tough place to be in and I know how you feel. I’m just trying to be hopeful for you. ♥️ Let us know. 
  • My prayers are with all going through the doubt. I am in the same boat. At 5 weeks I had light pink spotting off and on one day when I wiped. Then the next it was brown spotting off and on only when I wiped. I've only had the clear normal looking discharge since. In November I had a missed miscarriage at 19 weeks (baby passed at 18) due to a chromosomal defect called Turner Syndrome. Although it is highly unlikely headed in to the improbable I will experience similar again, since I already was a statistic my last pregnancy I can't help but feel scared. I wish everyone else experiencing this self doubt an ease in the burden.  
  • @kuntreegirl1018 so sorry to hear. Take care of yourself. 
  • @kuntreegirl1018 I'm so sorry. Hugs. ❤️
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @kuntreegirl1018 sending you love. FWIW I always hear the advice of not making decisions on your worst days. However I understand that maybe those are the times that call for decisions. Wherever the journey takes you I wish you nothing but happiness! Please take care of yourself.
  • @kuntreegirl1018 sending so much love and support.
  • @kuntreegirl1018 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you love. 
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
  • @kuntreegirl1018 I’m so sorry for you loss 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @kuntreegirl1018 I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you love and light.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Sorry for your loss @kuntreegirl1018. Will be thinking of you.
  • @kuntreegirl1018 Also so sorry to hear about your loss, I had a missed miscarriage in December 2019 and it was so sad for us also. Thinking of you. 
    <3 EDD 10/16/20 - Boy
    o:) BFP 10/31/19, MMC 12/13/19
  • @kuntreegirl1018 Thoughts, prayers, and lots of hugs. Cut yourself a ton of slack and rest as much as you can. I am so very sorry for your loss. 
  • So sorry for your loss @kuntreegirl1018. Pregnancy loss is a bitch. Thinking of you ❤️