September 2020 Moms

Week 4 check-in w/o 2/24

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)?

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Week 4 check-in w/o 2/24

• Good Morning everyone. I thought I would get us started. I was going to reply to last weeks but decided not to.

But I did want to say that I am short of breath all of the time. This happened with the twins and I think it's only going to get worse lol.

EDD/weeks+days: 10w0d, 9/21

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: in one week to repeat ultrasound - I have a SCH they are keeping an eye on

How are you feeling? Tired, but otherwise doing okay. My appetite sucks and I'm forcing myself to eat, however, I am very thankful to not have nausea/vomiting this time around.

Raves/Rants: Now that I'm on strict pelvic rest my family is treating me like I can't do anything. It's kind of annoying since I'm very independent. It also makes me worry that if anything bad does happen they'll blame me for being stubborn. 

Questions: Any of you guys dealt with a SCH before? My doctor gave me fairly strict restrictions and I feel like I can't do anything. It's difficult having twins I'm not supposed to lift. 

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? I can't wait to take everyone to Disney (we live 2 hours away). I was going to take the twins at a year old but we moved and couldn't fit it in to the schedule. Now that I'm pregnant I'm not going to go. So I'm thinking I'll take everyone around the end of October/early November before I go back to work. My husband says I'm crazy but technically the kids will all be free admission and its my favorite time of year to go. I love disney (all theme parks in general). 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• edited February 2020
    @linz36 no advice on the SCH but it sounds like there's a few people in here who have them. Maybe try asking in the questions thread? Also, I love your idea of going to Disney in the late fall! Yeah, it might be a total mess but at least you'll have the memory. You'll probably always regret not going if you don't. (:

EDD/weeks+days: 9/25, 9+3

Team finding out/Pink/Blue/Green: green for now! 

Baby is the size of a: soda can tab, allegedly. As of last Thursday, almost exactly an inch! 

Upcoming appointments? March 20 for NT Test.

How are you feeling? Once again, I felt like total crap yesterday but somehow made it out of the house today. I'm super tired of the first trimester but it seems like I still have sooooo long to go!

Rant/rave: my first OB appt and ultrasound last week went pretty well! My BP was through the roof at first because I was so nervous. Thankfully, they let me retake it after the ultrasound and it was like 25/5 points lower. :/
    It was amazing to see the little wiggly worm in there, it's so hard to believe I'm KU. Of course, I still feel a bit uneasy but that's life.

GTKY: so many things!! DD have this kinda boring but still lovely tradition of getting bagels together on Saturday mornings. Can't decide if I will leave this as special for me and DD or add the baby in too. Mostly, we love camping in the summer and I can't wait to add to our little camping crew. Basically just everything (:
  • Loading the player...
  • @robyn2201 I congratulated you on the US thread but I'll do it again here to...congratulations. Twins are special; mine are 16 months and I've never worked so hard in my life but they are amazing!

• Wow @robyn2201 no words of wisdom here, I'm sure that news takes some adjusting to. Think about how fun it will be to watch twins grow up! You'll do great. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/29 / 9 weeks today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out?

Baby is the size of a(n): green grape

Upcoming appointments: 3/10 another OB appt

How are you feeling? Aside from feeling tired, I feel pretty good! Still really sensitive to smells, food aversions strong, super bloated, and boobs are sore at night-- but that's pretty much it.

Raves/Rants: I wish I could eat healthy again, but the smell of steamed vegetables completely grosses me out. Feel guilty as the food I'm craving has basically been carbs or sweets.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? I love Christmas, so I cannot wait to just celebrate the holidays with our new baby. Looking forward to taking him or her camping when they're old enough.

@robyn2201 Congrats on the twins!! I feel like that twin-sibling dynamic is so special and it'll be fun seeing them grow side by side.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @linz36 thanks for sharing about the short of breath struggle- the more I hear it’s normal the less I’m worrying about it. Also hope your SCH resolves soon for you I’m sure it’s really hard to pelvic rest with twin 2 year olds, hopefully you have lots of helpers! And Disney sounds SO fun! 

@jennifer_louise Camping sounds fun too, my DH loves to camp so excited to do that with our kiddos someday! Also I hear you on feeling like the first trimester is still forever away! I found out at like 3.5 weeks and was nauseous before a positive test so I feel like I’ve had the stomach bug for over a month 😂 it’s worth it though but really hoping for some relief soon! 

@robyn2201 Congrats on your twins! I’d be freaking out too but I’m sure you’ll do great and it’ll be so fun to have little twins! One of my good friends has 3 under 2 right now- her DD is 17m and she had twin boys a month ago and all things considered they’re doing really well! 

@tortilliny Same with the food guilt! My smell and food aversions have been AWFUL like I can barely walk in the kitchen. And even with being on morning sickness meds I’ve been throwing up most days now so I’m just eating whatever I can stomach and it does not include veggies or fruits other than citrus popsicles if they count 😂
  • EDD/weeks+days: September 26, 9 weeks 3 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can tab apparently 

Upcoming appointments: Monday I’ll have my first regular OB visit with a nurse practitioner now that we’ve graduated from RE 

How are you feeling? So nauseous all day with some vomit, really sore boobs, super tired yet some insomnia, basically like I have a bad bug, but it’s worth it! Still hoping for a better second trimester though lol

Raves/Rants: just wanting to be able to put in my share around the house again but so thankful DH and my wonderful parents have been helping out so much 

Questions: none at the moment that I haven’t put on other threads lol

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? Pretty much everything! Just so excited that we will have two kiddos as I’ve always wanted at least 2 and just wasn’t sure when or if that would happen. Vacations and holidays are always highlights for sure! My DH and I like to travel (more in the states since our DS came along but maybe someday overseas again). 

• EDD/weeks+days: 9/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: a few weeks

How are you feeling? Good. Get tired easily and nauseous if I don’t eat often enough but nothing really to complain about. Oh and still so bloated. 

Raves/Rants: We have a new build house and no landscape in backyard yet. It rained. We have 2 dogs and a mud pit. Fun muddy paws 

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? We love taking trips and doing lots of different activities. We are not stay at home people. I have loved seeing experiences through DD eyes and can’t wait for this one as well. 
  • Wow, last week was a short week and I was so swamped with work when I got back tuesday, I've just barely surfaced.  Can't believe I missed out on a whole weeks worth of the bump, but its too frustrating to use the mobile options, but I'm back now!

@linz36 I've also noticed being short of breath, I have asthma anyways so it's just gotten worse recently.  No advice but I'm here to commiserate with you.  I just watched the Disney Immagineering series on Disney+ and since then I've been crazy researching going to the parks.  We went to Disney World once when I was a kid ,but I haven't been to another one.  Sounds like a fun trip you have planned for the fall!

@jennifer_louise my HR was high at my first appointment, the Dr just asked if I had been nervous coming in and made note of it.  I guess that's a pretty normal thing sometimes. 

@robyn2201 congratulations!  Twins is so exciting!

@tortilliny I'm with you on the steamed vegetables.  All cooked vegetables are pretty gross for me right now.  The past few days I've really wanted fresh ones though which is different than last week, hopefully things improve for you soon!

@momofmiracles31889 hoping you start to feel better soon and the MS takes a hike!

@balletnerd ugh cleaning up mud inside is the worst!

EDD/weeks+days:  9+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Can fit on a watch face

Upcoming appointments: First US schedulled for 3/12... so far away

How are you feeling? Mostly just tired, I'd like to nap all the time.  Doesn't help that work is totally crazy so I barely have time to remember to eat.

Raves/Rants: Not really, just work being crazy and theres supposed to be 8-12 inches of snow in the next 24 hours so that's sure to be fun...

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? We bought a cottage this time last year and spent most of the year gutting and rebuilding it.  I love spending time there and just can't wait for that.  We're going up next weekend because its the last weekend if ice fishing this year and then probably won't be back until some of the snow melts.  Apparently there is like 3-4 feet of snow up there right now, I haven't been since December but my inlaws live there year round.

• Wow congrats @robyn2201!! Twins will be crazy I’m sure but also wonderful! My good friends have twins and it’s insane but amazing. 

EDD/weeks+days: today I am 9+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: not until next month 

How are you feeling? Still super tired, have to pee a lot. My uterus is already right up against my bladder from what we saw on the u/s so that makes sense lol. Also I’m hungry ALL THE TIME

Raves/Rants: Like I mentioned above, all I want to do is eat. If I don’t eat right when I wake up I don’t feel well. If I go too long during the day I don’t feel well and get hangry. It’s better than having MS for sure but I have to stay on top of it. Also I’m already an emotional/hormonal mess lol. 

Questions: -

GTKY: What are you most excited to share with you new baby (tradition, vacation spot, etc)? I’m super excited for Christmas this year with DD and this new baby. It’ll be our first year in our new home so I’m excited to experience all of the decorating, cookie making, etc. together. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @robyn2201. Congrats!! I'm a twin Mom of 2 year old identical twin boys.  It's tough, but awesome experience to be a twin Mom.  There's a few of us on this BMB...ask us questions!  

Otherwise, I'm 9w6d and a month away from my next appointment.  Team pink! Saw her again last week with my OBGYN, but sad I have to wait to 20 weeks for the next visual.  With twins we saw them more often with frequent ultrasounds.  Nausea is lessening, but still queasy in the evenings.  Less tired, but still enjoy my naps.  My patience is running thin.  I'm excited to introduce her to my sons...super exciting!