Baby Names
Options

Boy name #3 HELP! (please)

brose1117brose1117 member
edited February 2020 in Baby Names
We are struggling so much to name our third (and final) little guy. His brothers names are Oliver Harrison and Wesley Orson. I am obsessed with both. He actually suggested both Oliver and Wesley and that makes me love them more. If we ever had a daughter, her name was always going to be Isla Frances. 

Henry has always been number two in our minds. For that reason, my husband thinks we should use it for this babe, but that’s the exact reason I don’t feel comfortable picking it (it just was never good enough...) (and also it just seems so popular now). 

He also loves Connor. I think Connor seems too plain. Am I wrong here? Also, in my search to fall in love with it, I keep seeing “Con Man” as a common nickname and I don’t like that at all. (He also loves Logan, but I don’t at all). 

I really like Grady. He’s okay with it. Other names I really like that he has vetoed: Felix, Ellis, Benjamin or Bennett (to achieve nn Ben), Emmett, Vincent. 

We both love Emerson as a middle name (although we’d never use it as a first because it’s become too popular for girls). I wouldn’t use Emerson as Henry’s middle name though for a couple different reasons. We aren’t sold on Emerson, but it’s an added benefit if it ultimately goes well with our chosen first name. 

So basically, we need help. What names haven’t we thought of? Do you love Henry or Connor and I just need to give in? 🤔
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Boy name #3 HELP! (please)

• Options
    Those are both good names but if you don't love them I'd keeping trying out others. Maybe use one of them as the MN?

Suggesting:
    Jack Emerson
    Dean Henry
    Grant Emerson
    Landon Benjamin
    Eli Vincent
    Nolan Henry
    Tanner Ellis
    Victor Bennett
    Zachary Logan
  • Options
    Suggesting Colin as an alternative to Connor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Henry is great. Not a fan of Connor.
    suggesting
    Charles nn Chucky
    Otto
    Edison
    Hugh
    Harvey
    Maxwell
    Nigel
    Emery
    Marcus
  • Options
    @meggyme I suggested Colin a few weeks ago, but he doesn’t like it. I do think I prefer Colin. Thanks for your input!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @saham07 okay right? I agree, to me Connor is just blah, especially with our current boy names. I’ve pushed for Otto, Hugh and Edison, and he’s not taking a bite of any. I do like Marcus, but I am not sure I love it enough to push him on it. Thank you for your suggestions, I really appreciate them!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 thank you for all of the suggestions. I think I agree, we need to just keep searching. 

I LOVE Jack, but around here it is currently so popular in all of its longer and shortened forms, and I just can’t get over it. Some of your suggestions are family names we would prefer not to use. I pushed for Zachariah since we both love Zach but aren’t huge on Zachary and he thinks it’s too much of a mouth full. I was honestly up last night thinking about Nolan, so I wonder if it’s a sign that you suggested that!!! I also kind of think I like Dean. I typically lean towards longer names, but I’ll have to think on that one!! I also really think Victor Bennett is great. I’m struggling as to whether I can see a baby as Victor... I definitely see adult Victor, but baby and toddler? I’ll have to see if it grows on me. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    brose1117 said:
    @bellebaby221 thank you for all of the suggestions. I think I agree, we need to just keep searching. 

I LOVE Jack, but around here it is currently so popular in all of its longer and shortened forms, and I just can’t get over it. Some of your suggestions are family names we would prefer not to use. I pushed for Zachariah since we both love Zach but aren’t huge on Zachary and he thinks it’s too much of a mouth full. I was honestly up last night thinking about Nolan, so I wonder if it’s a sign that you suggested that!!! I also kind of think I like Dean. I typically lean towards longer names, but I’ll have to think on that one!! I also really think Victor Bennett is great. I’m struggling as to whether I can see a baby as Victor... I definitely see adult Victor, but baby and toddler? I’ll have to see if it grows on me. 

My DH vetoed John because he couldn't see it as a name for a baby! So I guess the opposite problem!
    I also love Vic as a nickname. And I think Nolan goes well with your other boys names. 
    FWIW, I have a Jack and he's actually the only one in his class.
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 i love that you have a Jack, it’s such a great name! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Curtis
    Benjamin
    Leon
    Oswald nn Ozzie
    Arthur
    Louis
    Leo
    Michael
    Phillip
    Jasper
    Frank
    Walter
    Timothy
    Kyle
  • Options
    Love your two boys’ names! The first names that came to mind that sound nice with them are
    Oliver, Wesley & Everett
    Oliver, Wesley & Graham
    Oliver, Wesley & Luke
    Oliver, Wesley & James
    Oliver, Wesley & Bennett (but you said your husband vetoed) 

• Options
    Have you thought about turning Hugh into Hugo? My FIL's name is Hugh and we discussed naming a son Hugo if we had one but ends up we're having a girl. I also think Dean is a great name. 

Other name suggestions
    Wyatt
    James or Jameson
    Jeremiah
    Noah
    Jeremy
    Addison
    Benjamin
    Lucas
    Levi
    Max
    Jacob
    Brady
    Wade
    August

• Options
    saham07saham07 member
    edited February 2020
    I LOVE Hugo!!
  • Options
    I also really like Hugo! Other name suggestion to achieve Ben: Benedict. 
  • Options
    @littleredm@saham07 & @coastalmomma2 i did suggest Hugo and he nixed it, of course! 👎🏻 

Benedict feels too proper with our other names and the area we live, although I don’t hate it.

I also really like Dean, but can’t get him on board we’ve talked about Wyatt too but I just don’t love it as much as my other boys names. That’s our issue i think, is nothing feels as good at theirs. I’m so glad this is the last baby we are naming 😂 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dino
    Alec
    Hank
    Simon
    Brooks
    Jared
    Steven
    Lars
    Spencer
    Roald
    Pius
    Sean

• Options
    @saham07 thank you so much for the suggestions! I feel like most aren’t my style, but i appreciate the new ideas!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder if you would like Francis for a boy if Frances was your girl mn option? Ian Francis instead of Isla Frances? 
  • Options
    I love Henry. I also like Conor, but if you don’t love it don’t settle. Other choices that go well with your boys’ names are: 
    Elliot 
    Theodore
    Sebastian
    Calvin
    Miles
    Finn or Finley 

• Options
    @coastalmomma2 I’ve thought about that so much. I really love Francis. My husband never did. For us, he would have been settling to an extent on frances but never cares as much about middle names, like i do. We also have a few close friends with kids, Ian, so we wouldn’t use it, but i do like it. And i appreciate the suggestion. It’s a great idea! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jenEP said:
    I love Henry. I also like Conor, but if you don’t love it don’t settle. Other choices that go well with your boys’ names are: 
    Elliot 
    Theodore
    Sebastian
    Calvin
    Miles
    Finn or Finley 

I keep going back to, am i just being stubborn with Henry and Connor? One of my big issues with Connor though are the numerous ways it can be spelled. I have a very common name that is spelled uniquely and it drives me crazy that not once in my life has it been spelled correctly. I find that because of that I’m sensitive to choosing a very commonly spelled name for our son, even though I’d prefer for it to not be an overly common name.

my best friends dream girl name is Elliott, and she’s had three miscarriages during this pregnancy. We’ve always thought of it as a middle name option, but i can’t do that to her. I think it’d be very hurtful. 

We loveeeee Theodore but our last name sounds very similar to Roosevelt, so while we’ve always played around with it, we’ll never be able to choose it, i know. We play with Theo too but i think we both prefer longer version names, rather than naming a nickname. Dang it. 

I really like Sebastian, he hates it. 👎🏻 I also Absolutely loveeeeeeee Finn. I’ve tried so many versions on my husband and he just hates it so much. I don’t understand why. I think it fits well with our boys. But I’ve given up on that one unfortunately, it wasn’t helping with progress. 

We know multiple Calvin and Miles pets. So to us, those are both out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts on Emmett ? 🤔
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Milo
    Ezra
    Julian
    Jude
    Arthur
    Simon
    Declan
    Preston
    Holden
  • Options
    I think I really like Preston, but can’t convince my husband. I tried it on again when you posted. Dang it 👎🏻
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    BLuvsEBLuvsE member
    edited March 2020
    I have a Victor and it was super cute on a tiny baby and toddler. Many of his friends replaced the v with a d as they were learning to talk but it was cute... Came out Deeta or Dicta or Deega. My mom kept trying to shorten it to Vic (which prompted my younger daughter who couldn't say her v sound to attempt the same with hilarious results) but it didn't stick thank goodness. We get compliments on his name all the time and the only other Victor's we meet are old men who get super excited about having a name twin.

Anyway I'm obsessed with his name and he likes it too at 7. 

I also dislike Conner because of con man.  Not a fan of Dean for similar reasons - i always think of a college administrator.

What about Warren, Liam, Landon, ... Trying to think of other o names. Oswald? 
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    @BLuvsE i love all of that. It makes Victor feel more familiar to me, we don’t personally know any. 

I’m glad it’s not just me on the Connor front 👎🏻

Warren is a run down city near us, so out. My husband actually suggested Liam yesterday, but I struggle that it’s so popular, and it’s a nickname. I actually don’t mind William, but idk that it’s a front runner, or that I love it paired with Oliver and Wesley. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Franklin nn Frankie
    George nn Georgie
    Albert nn Bert or Bertie
    Theodore nn Teddy
    Conrad

• Options
    @saham07 i do like George, though I struggle with it only being one syllable. My husband doesn’t love it though. We both love Theo but don’t want to go with a nickname, and our last name sounds and looks similar to Roosevelt, so Theodore is out. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ralph nn Ralphie
    Roger
    Cameron
    Christopher nn Topher
    Michael
    Nicholas nn Nico
    Nigel
    Joseph
    Abraham nn Abe
    Rainier
    Amos
    Orson
    Luther nn Lou
  • Options
    @saham07 thank you for all of the suggestions. Orson is my middle sons middle name and I’m obsessed with it!! If i knew we were having a third boy i think i probably would have saved Orson for this guys first name. 😍
    Pregnancy Ticker