September 2020 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• After all the sushi talk, I got a couple tempura rolls and they were great.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited February 2020
    @raesky1111 along the same lines as pho, I have been eating a lot of Ramen noodles. I know they're not the healthiest, but the combination of simple carbs and salty broth is perfect for my poor stomach. Plus, hard to feel guilty about 4 for $1. 

That, and a crapload of raspberries. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So many baked potatoes. And lentil soup. Pretty much anything I can put sour cream on. Saltines and toast as well. 

Things I used to eat every day which I can’t stomach—eggs, cheese, steak, cauliflower. 

Going to the grocery store is a trip now. I fill up my cart with the normals and then realize the thought alone is making me queasy. 

• I’m starting to have interest in a bit more. I find the more hungry I let myself get, the more a variety sounds good and I do eat better. It’s when I’m not very hungry that I’m still really uninterested in basically... Everything. I still have an aversion to Coke and it makes me sad because I love Coke. I know it isn’t good for me during pregnancy or ever, but it was my one a day treat and little bit of caffeine boost.

Did I also mention I have an aversion to coffee?  :'( I’m an exhausted mess for more reason than one! 
  • So many bagels and scallion cream cheese. I'm starting to be able to stomach more than just carbs, but usually only one of my meals during the day. I had homemade tacos and they were great. 
    One of my big aversions is garlic- the smell the taste, ugh! So that cuts out a lot of foods I used to like pre-pregnancy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • With my son, I didn’t really have cravings, but I did have insomnia and couldn’t fall asleep until I ate a late night Pb&J sandwich. You’d think I’d be super hungry with this pregnancy, but I’m not. I know I need to eat a lot of extra calories, but by dinner time I feel kinda meh. I’m trying to put Mio in my water so I drink more. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I just started using Mio in my water to drink more also! So far it has been helping.

Veggie and cheese sandwiches have been my biggest craving thus far. I'll eat one from pretty much anywhere, but they are just not appealing if I make them myself. I have been living off of saltines too. I basically have to eat saltines all day in order to be able to eat anything else. I have had major aversions to coffee and chocolate, which is such a bummer!!!
  • Craving eggplant parm and spaghetti! Ate it two days in a row and now I’m sick of it LOL 
  • @readytobemama It is a water enhancer that comes in a bunch of flavors and they sell at the grocery store. https://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Punch-Liquid-Concentrate-Bottle/dp/B00DQJYFYY
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher oh I think I remember seeing that now, great idea!  Thanks, will give it a try. 
  • Smoothies and mashed potatoes are my go to when feeling too nauseous for any other food. 
  • Carbs. I want all the pasta, pancakes and waffles. 
  • It's just been carb city thes past few weeks. I'm just ready to stop having the nausea/hunger combo and be able to eat normal meals. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eggo blueberry waffles- can't get enough of them!  That's my breakfast every day (can hardly handle even looking at eggs) and sometimes even lunch.  They slide down way too easily. 
  • Oh man! I went crazy on a box of Raisin Nut Bran. The combo of crunchy and cold was amazing.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Soup soup soup! 

My sister made me four quarts of minestrone and I ate it all in like 2 days. I cant get enough. 

So weird. I did not give one care about soup pre pregnancy, and couldn't even tell you the last time I ate it before conceiving. 

Now I eat like 2 to 3 cans a day. What the heck? 

• I’ve been craving spaghetti so I finally made some. I didn’t make a lot because I don’t care for reheated pasta and didn’t want leftovers. Now I’m done and I didn’t make enough. Back to the stove I go. 
  • @louise_belcher omg yes same! I wouldn’t mind making extra if H would eat the leftovers but I like super plain sauce and he likes meat sauce and a bunch of stuff in it so he most likely wouldn’t eat it. 
  • This thread makes me feel much better about my current diet choices so thank you all! I’ve been feeling lots of mom guilt for only having like 3 servings of fruits and veggies a week instead of a day 😬 and pretty much living on carbs right now like many of you described... waffles, English muffins, pizza, the occasional casserole with some veggies snuck in it, wraps, lemon water ice, sandwiches, pretzels, chips, cake.... it’s bad 🤦🏻‍♀️ I was just thinking that my homemade applesauce might taste good if it’s extra cold so maybe I’ll get one of those out of the freezer to add some nutritional value to my diet 😂
  • Same, makes me feel so much better!! I’ve been feeling guilty lately because w5-w6 I was so excited and eating so healthy, and now at w12 I haven’t been able to stomach any of those foods. Bagels with cream cheese have been a dream! And all the carbs. And sour candy, but then my stomach hurts after all the sugar! I’ve been craving (and eating) a lot of subs where I have them heat up the meat so that I can eat it... I can’t quit sandwhiches. 
  • Still really riding the struggle bus over here. Basically nothing sounds good, I still gag at coffee/Coke which makes me sooo sad, and I’m still not very thirsty.  :( 
  • @chasingroygbiv I’m riding the struggle bus with you for sure. I’ve broken down and cried every day this week because I just want to eat something and Not feel like it’s going to come back up.  Weirdly I am struggling to drink water but I can drink coke. I am really trying not to though because I don’t want to start that again. I had quit drinking soda so it’s frustrating.  Everyone suggests crackers but that does nothing for me. I keep reading what everyone is eating in hopes something will spark some interest but nothing so far...
  • @chasingroygbiv me too! The last 3 days were soo rough. All I could stomach was crackers and ginger ale. I woke up in the middle of the night 2 nights in a row nauseous and with hunger pains.

Today is the start day that i have been able to stomach more food. It's just been carbs, carbs, carbs for me. Most anything sounds disgusting to me. I'm so over it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sour Patch Kids Ice Cream!
  • Everyday is something different and I can't eat the same thing twice. Bless my spouse, he's been driving around day and night making sure I've eating 
  • I just made some homemade alfredo yesterday. It was tasty, but if course I got nauseous halfway through eating it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • robyn2201robyn2201 member
    edited February 2020
    Watermelon!! I got some chopped up from TJ’s and it was so refreshing and juicy.  
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• I'm loving cucumber and tomato salad with balsamic dressing.  I think DH is starting to get annoyed with me cause we've been having it almost daily XD

@beaandthebabes sour patch ice cream!?! I've never heard of that, will NEED to investigate if I can get it in Canada.
  • @robyn2201 Watermelon sound so good! During my last pregnancy, I would cut one in half and then just go at it with a spoon. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • I've been eating so much avocado toast the last few days. Also, cold sliced tomatos with salt and olive oil. I'm glad I'm able to finally get off the all carb train.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Watermelon sounds yummy I wish it were in season! Avocado toast sounds like a good idea too I’ll have to try that for dinner. I’ve been eating so much hummus it’s so random but it’s like the only thing I want right now besides homemade applesauce that my stomach isn’t rejecting. (I did tell DH to keep an eye on recall list to make sure we don’t get any bad batches of hummus 😬) 
  • Still pretty nauseous so eating a lot of carbs; but I’ve recently wanted really cold veggies. Like cucumber and tomatoes. And anything vinegary like la morena pickled jalapeños/carrots. 
  • hp242hp242 member
    @robinj716 Cold veggies were the first ones to come back for me and its been getting better and better since then. 
  • @macheno I’ve had avocado toast with a fried egg on top for breakfast the last couple of days! Great way to get lots of good fat and protein. I also add some sauerkraut for probiotics and some chicken sausage links. I’m enjoying the extra calories I get to eat for twins. Haha
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• I had toast with a fried egg on it yesterday and that was good! Haven’t had avocado toast though. Just bought a big box of cereal and I have sweet potatoes I have to bake. I could eat a whole jar of pickles or pickled pepperoncinis, give me all the vinegar!! 
  • I usually crave chocolate; like need some everyday. But this pregnancy, chocolate is a turn off and I want all the sour things! Picked these up on my lunch break. Oops! 
  • There's a specialty candy store that just opened in my city last year and I saw that they have lemonheads. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go get some when I get paid lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Potato salad! There's a potluck at my work tonight for a supervisor that's been promoted, so my teammates and I were talking food and just going through the different things I was like 'omg potato salad' so I came home and made some and ate it hot for breakfast. Probably taking the rest to warm up and eat for breakfast on my last break at work tonight! 

Also I finally had a steak, medium rare which I know you're supposed to get it fully cooked but it was so bloody and so good and paired perfectly with the mashed potatoes that I can't regret it!! I'm just hoping it won't go full-blown obsession cravings or my wallet is in trouble 😅

The baby enjoys Krave cereal and DiGiorno pizza, abhors McDonald's burgers (probably for the best) and dislikes ready made hot food in general it seems, unless it's actually home cooked. Hard to choose what to eat day in and day out because my work schedule leaves little time for cooking in between the sleep and drive but if it's okay with pizza, pizza it is during the week 🤷‍♀️