October 2020 Moms
Options

FTM Check In 2/24

Trying to get a weekly FTM check in going since the other one is several weeks old. 

How far along are you?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: What is the weirdest or most surprising thing you have learned so far about pregnancy or babies?

Re: FTM Check In 2/24

• Options
    How far along are you? 4 weeks, 5 days

Rants/Raves? I'm making myself nervous because I'm not having much in the way of symptoms yet, and the symptoms I am having are similar to before a period (sore breasts, very mild cramping). I want to press fast forward on time and have the first trimester over!

Questions? Anyone else not really having symptoms? 

GTKY: What is the weirdest or most surprising thing you have learned so far about pregnancy or babies? When I learned about the snot sucking device I was amused that that was a thing, but when I went down that rabbit hole and learned that there is actually a device made to help babies pass gas I was somewhere between extremely surprised and moderately horrified!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6+1

Rants/Raves? The symptoms have kicked into high gear this week. On top of the usual stuff I've mentioned before (heightened sense of smell, insomnia, moodiness, shortness of breath), I've added food aversions and dropsies (where I have to stand up slowly otherwise I feel like I'm going to pass out).

Questions? Nah

GTKY: What is the weirdest or most surprising thing you have learned so far about pregnancy or babies? Meconium. Barf.

And, I was reading a story over the weekend about a mom who wanted a 'freebirth' in that she did not want any medical interference whatsoever. She had read a lot about it on the internet and listened to over 70 hours of podcasts on it, so, you know, she was an expert and didn't trust doctors or nurses. She went a full 45 weeks 
    :o  and was all set to give birth at home, and then when her contractions intensified to the point that she grew concerned and was vomiting in between them, she had her husband drive her to the hospital where ***Major TW*** she wound up passing a lot of meconium and subsequently lost the baby. ***End TW*** 
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just got my BFP 2 days ago, got a STRONG response at 13 DPO on 2 different brands of tests.  According to my Flo app I'm at 6 weeks (my cycles tend to be on the longer side).  Got an appointment with my doctor booked for tomorrow, it doesn't really seem real yet so I haven't told anyone but my SO.  After my appointment I think I want to tell a couple close friends so I've got someone to talk to about it.

All I've got symptom-wise so far is cramping.  Not bad but always there.  And my boobs are starting to get a little sore, started wearing a sports bra to bed but it's not bothering me too much.  No nausea so far which is ok with me!

• Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks today!

Rants/Raves? I called in sick to work today, mostly out of tiredness not morning sickness, and I feel guilty. It isn’t that pregnancy-related but I can never just enjoy a spontaneous sick/mental health day without feeling guilty about it. 

Questions? I supervise a team of 11 people and I’m wondering when I should tell them. I already told my boss. I’m thinking 10-12 weeks

GTKY: What is the weirdest or most surprising thing you have learned so far about pregnancy or babies? I just learned last night about “theybies” - when parents use they/them pronouns for their kids and don’t tell anyone the sex (not just while pregnant, but when they’re raising their kids). Have to admit I was intrigued but I think it’s a tad extreme for me. 
  • Options
    amandarenee89amandarenee89 member
    edited February 2020
    How far along are you? 7 weeks, day 6

Rants/Raves? My dad told my grandparents before I had a chance to (I wasn't quite ready) and he told them my due date is July (i've told him it's October). Very frustrating since this is my first time pregnant and it's my news to share! 

Questions? I had an US at 6 weeks (didn't know how far along I was at the time) and we saw the heartbeat. It was a rate of 103 and the NP said that was a little on the low side, but everything I've read said that's normal for 6 weeks. I'm going in on Thursday for another US to check it. Has anyone experienced something like this?

GTKY: What is the weirdest or most surprising thing you have learned so far about pregnancy or babies? I didn't realize my breasts would hurt for so long...so far it's been over a month. 
  • Options
    @babyodo (I definitely typed that as ttcbabyodo before remembering that it is changed  :)) I love the word dropsies! I have been having that hardcore. I always have been prone to getting a little ortho static lightheadedness with standing, but it has been so much worse this week. Also, what kind of person would even consider a free birth? I mean, I get not wanting a lot of medical intervention, but at least get a home birth midwife to be there! People can make such bad decisions. 

@angela444 I was about to say we are symptom twins, but I started having a little nausea this morning. The constant low level cramping is seriously getting in my head, I didn’t realize that was a thing. 

@psmk521 I feel like being open about a child possibly being transgender later is great, but agree that raising your child genderless is extreme and a bit of an attention grab. I love the word theybies though haha

@amandarenee89 So sorry your dad did that. Is that out of character for him? It is definitely your news to tell!
  • Options
     @fitzfizz yes, I started feeling a little queasy this afternoon too, think I jinxed it.  Nothing too crazy yet though!

@psmk521 the theybies thing is WAY too over the top I think.  I’m 100% on board with someone being their truest self, when they’re old enough and aware enough to make those choices, but I honestly think giving a kid no direction at all is going to result in a lot more confusion than ‘freedom’.  
  • Options
    @fitzfizz I wouldn't say it's out of character. I don't really know if he thought I told them and slipped up, but the fact that he had the due date all wrong is really confusing to me. 
  • Options
    *lurking* @fitzfizz those butt whistles SAVED ME so many times when DD had horrible gas. I highly recommend!
  • Options
    @dolewhipper I still fully intend to get all the weird things! I was just amazed to realize someone thought of that.