Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 2/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 2/25

• Hi
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma at moment. Currently stopped birth control beginning of november. This month decided not to use any contreception what so ever. My period is due around about 4th march. But for like a week i keep getting twinges its not painful but i defo can feel it! Also had a headache like every day for a week feel tired and sometimes felt gassy and sickly. Not sure if its all hormone related still due to being new coming off birth control. I did do a test today and it was negative. But i think i may have tested too early. Also im going away in may to greece for a week so i worked it out if i did get pregnant i would be 12 week when we go. But now im thinking of holding off until may to try for a baby incase anything should happen before or while im away. I feel like i am.driving my self mad. Advice please. Totally new to this too! Thanks :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3 (1 unbenched) 

CD/DPO: 30/12

Timing: -3, -2, +1

Typical LP length: 14ish days

Testing: post-op follow up today. My ObGyn will test in her office. 

R/R: I just looked at the professors assigned to my courses for next term (starting 3/9) and discovered that one of my classes still doesn't have an assigned professor. Because of the class that it is there's pretty much two professors they might assign to the class. One is super chill and gives excellent feedback; I had him as a professor in undergrad. The other is a major hard ass and will nitpick the tiniest details until you get your assignments perfect. Not sure which one I'll end up with. We'll see. 

CS/Q: nope

TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• jem0491 said:
    Hi
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma at moment. Currently stopped birth control beginning of november. This month decided not to use any contreception what so ever. My period is due around about 4th march. But for like a week i keep getting twinges its not painful but i defo can feel it! Also had a headache like every day for a week feel tired and sometimes felt gassy and sickly. Not sure if its all hormone related still due to being new coming off birth control. I did do a test today and it was negative. But i think i may have tested too early. Also im going away in may to greece for a week so i worked it out if i did get pregnant i would be 12 week when we go. But now im thinking of holding off until may to try for a baby incase anything should happen before or while im away. I feel like i am.driving my self mad. Advice please. Totally new to this too! Thanks :smile:

• @ashaislurking fingers crossed for the familiar professor!  but i know how my luck would have it!  used to hate picking courses.  and fx for your testing today!!!

Month/Cycle: 2/1

CD/DPO: 21/6

Timing: -1

Typical LP length: 14?

Testing: waiting until AF is due

R/R: had the craziest day of work yesterday!  one of my bosses is unexpectedly out this week so ive taken on a last minute workload--found a moment to get on here and swiftly lurk!

CS/Q: none

• @asf0613 hopefully the week goes by quickly with the increased workload
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section

• @ashaislurking oh man, I remember I used to spend hours on rate my professor looking all the instructors up trying to avoid the picky ones! That’s so annoying that you don’t have that choice with that class. I hope you get the laid-back professor!! Even if you get the picky one, I know you will rock it! 

@asf0613 that sucks!! I hope the extra workload isn’t too much and this week flies quickly by for you!

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 20/8

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0, +1 🤭 

Typical LP length: I’m not sure! If AF comes this cycle I will at least have a better idea of this, I’ve never tracked ovulation before 

Testing: I don’t know. Part of me wants to test on Saturday at 12dpo, part of me wants to wait until Monday at 14dpo, the other part of me wants to wait until 17dpo (the predicted AF start date on my app). Not sure I have that much discipline though lol! 

R/R: I could get on and complain about another complicated day at work but I feel like that’s all I do on here!! I swear every day I come in and just wonder what BS we’ll be dealing with that day. 

Instead of complaining I will RAVE about my DH who stopped on his way home from work this morning to get me a coffee which definitely helped get me through my rough morning! 

CS/Q: nope 

• @kitkatz1990 funny thing about the laid back professor that I know is that other people in my grad program HATE him. He has a very different teaching style that I happen to do well with, but some people fold. If you sit down and do the work and give honest critiques to peers you'll skate through his classes and not blink for a second, but some of my peers hate critical feedback especially when they have to give it.
    Hell yeah to YH for bringing you coffee! Coffee always helps me through rough days. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @ashaislurking I think I would probably struggle with that too!! I have a hard time criticizing others, I used to hate having to do that lol! But I hope for your sake, that’s who you end up with! As hard as criticism is, it’s definitely an effective teaching strategy, I bet you learn a ton in his classes! 
  • @kitkatz1990 he's an excellent professor. I love his teaching strategies and as much as some people hate them they work. His classes are some of the best ones I've taken. I ended up being a teaching assistant for abnormal psychology thanks to him. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: O

Typical LP length: Unsure

Testing: Still holding out... app says AF tomorrow so maybe then!

R/R: Everything is good right now! I overloaded myself and have decided to drop a class, so for the first time since the beginning of the year I get to go home after work on a weeknight! I kept going back and forth, but I am having issues with the professor anyways (who doesn't seem to want to teach), so I think it is the right choice. I can take it again another semester with a different professor when I don't have as much going on :) I will be in school for a long time so I don't need to overwhelm myself by trying to take too much at once. I am just so bad about thinking I can handle everything and not leaving myself any time to relax/recoup.

CS/Q: None.

@ashaislurking how did your follow up go today?? Hope all is well! And I hope you get the professor you are hoping for. I understand how big of a difference it can make in a class!!

@asf0613 sorry for all of the unexpected work! Hopefully it'll just make the work days go by quickly :)

@kitkatz1990 it is definitely those small things that are the best!! DH and I don't work far from each other so he will do that every once and awhile and it always just brightens up my whole day.

• @bserena I’m glad you decided to drop that class, you’re absolutely right that there’s no need to overwhelm yourself. Having that day each week that you can just go home will be so nice! Something to look forward to on your longer days. 

I completely agree, those small things really just make you feel so loved! 
  • @bserena my follow up went well! No test. Waiting until Thursday to test on my own. We'll see. I'm glad you decided to take a self care step and drop a class that wasn't productive for you at this time. I definitely understand the feeling of taking your time because of how long school takes. I wish I hadn't pushed myself so hard so fast in undergrad. Definitely take your time. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• Oh my bad! I thought it was a chat forum where people can talk and compare similar experiences thanks anyway.
  • @jem0491 I recommend lurking around, reading the pinned post, and seeing how the board operates if you decide to stick around. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC

• @jem0491 we do talk and share our experiences but unfortunately our individual experiences have no impact on others. It is great board and very supportive as we all are TTGP but just operates differently (a little more structure) than other sites.    I went of BC in October and my cycle has been crazy ever since. It may seem normal one month and then get a few periods every two weeks. My dr shared depending how long you have been on BC can impact your cycle for quite some time even up to a year after stopping.  Until your past your expected AF date I wouldn’t stress too much. 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/9

CD/DPO: 17/5-6

Timing: -2,-1,0, +2, +4 ( since temping and cycle haven’t made O day very clear yet just going off FF predicted O date)

Typical LP length: still figuring that out. Last cycle close to 14 days 

Testing:  will test closer to AF expected day 

R/R: DH has been a dbag today hoping he has that out of his system by the time I get home from work tonight. Ugh My patience for that is nill today.

CS/Q: I have tempted 3 days in a row! Feeling proud of myself haha 

@ashaislurking hoping you get the chill Prof! 

@asf0613 hope work isn’t terrible with the extra workload this week and you can manage it well! 

@kitkatz1990 your timing looks awesome! I completely feel the testing struggle. I’m personally waiting longer so I have less repeated disappointment this cycle if it is negative as opposed to last when I tested way too much.  Sorry work has been so hard. Way to go to DH for the coffee though! 

@bserena good luck potentially testing tomorrow! Also way to go on choosing to drop a class so much better to stay within what you can handle than overload yourself. Hope you enjoy a free night!