Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/24

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): 

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): 

How are things going?: 

Any questions?:

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in the theaters? 
me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
DX: MFI
IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 2/24

• Loading the player...
  • @nitnat007 Thanks! Beta is Thursday! :# I'm on the suppositories, not PIO. I'm so glad your PIO is coming!!!! Also, holy hell YFiL needs to step the eff back! I would be livid if anyone posted any information about my IVF on FB! I'm irritated enough that my BiL and SiL even know about it because I know they're not going to keep the info private. 

@pom9207 Also responding here - I'm so sorry your day 5s were fewer than hoped, I'm hoping you get a couple Day 6s!!!!!!! 

• @kpearse99 <3<3<3<3 I'm so hopeful that once this all gets figured out, you'll be refreshed and restored by this short period of NTNP. Also hopeful that AF will just show! And yep, basically one half of my face gets really red, specifically my left ear. Like bright red. :D:D:D 

• kpearse99kpearse99 member
    edited February 2020
    @inthewoods23 These next 5 weeks are going to fly by, I can just feel it!! <3 And I agree... I just want to get this NTNP cycle officially started!!! The powers that be just don't want me to fully relax  :D Blah!

@emeraldduchess I'm glad your week off was refreshing for you both!! AND that you and DH are almost on the same page now about the testing!! Keep us posted as to what your monitoring results are from this morning!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @mvt2003 Eeek! Thursday! You got this. I hear you. I am such a private person and NEVER post on FB, so that would be the last place that I would even think about posting something like that myself. Some people just don't think. 

@feather_heather MH didn't bother saying anything to FIL. I think cognitively he has suffered some loss over the years and particularly after his accident a year ago. He likely would have forgotten that he even asked the question. He should lose his FB privileges though. 
    My PIO dose is 50mg/ml. So I think that is .5ml? GL on your biopsy. 

@kpearse99 Friend, just sending you hugs. Such a frustrating time right now. FX AF arrives soon for you though. 

@emeraldduchess Oof that is an early u/s. I thought mine were early at 7:30. Glad you guys got some time together though and enjoyed it. Hope your pup feels better soon and it is nothing serious. 

@inthewoods23 How are you finding the diet? What changes have you found with cutting out gluten? Curious as sometimes I suspect that I may be sensitive as well. Definitely not celiac though. 

@misshelen86 Glad to hear YH surgery went well and he is recovering. So good that you are able to open up and have those conversations with him and find comfort in it too. *hugs*

@abarr723 Well FIL is not really tech savvy. He only really uses FB and is extremely random and forgetful. He asked MH to come over this weekend because he needed his help for the afternoon, we got there and he couldn't remember what he needed help with! This is the level we are at. And he never mentioned that question again. 
    Whoop whoop! Pull the trigger! You are going to rock it! GL!
  • @abarr723 I've never had anyone follow one of my playlists before  :D  I feel so special haha I PROMISE you the trigger shot will end up being nothing!! I got myself so worked up over it too the first time and then when it was done I felt so silly hahaha You got this!!!!

@misshelen86 I think it's great that DH finally opened up to you about his feelings with all of this. Men are so guarded with their feelings to begin with, and then I feel like they end up keeping their thoughts and emotions in about IF even more because they know that we are already "dealing" with so much and with our own emotions that they don't want to throw theirs on top ours too. Little do they know that it actually HELPS us to hear that they are having the same feelings and thoughts and concerns that we are. IF can feel so lonely like that. <3
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @abarr723 GL! You've got this! IUIs are quick and painless except for some slight cramping. My 3rd IUI was done by the RE and not the nurses and I didn't even know she had done the insemination when she said she was all done. I felt nothing. Then again, the first time they had to pull my cervix straight to get the catheter inserted and spent forever the 2nd time

@misshelen86 @nitnat007 YGPMs 🙂
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I'll be back in a bit for tags! Mondays are so hectic. 

Diagnosis (if you've been): Low ovarian reserve/low egg quality; low morph and motility

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA): TWW

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?): Had medicated IUI #2 last week, now on progesterone suppositories.

How are things going?: Not great. I was in the ER yesterday for heart palpitations. They diagnosed me with "premature atrial contraction," which sent me into a Google frenzy. And these hot flashes from progesterone are no joke. 

Any questions?: Anyone had heart palpitations as a result of IF meds? 

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in the theaters? I haven't seen a movie in the theater since "A Wrinkle in Time," like two years ago.
  • @mvt2003 I'm glad you and YH had the conversation and that you feel more understood by him. It's a hard thing to get on the same page about but it sounds like you're pretty much there. Good luck Thursday!

@nitnat007 yikes about your FIL! And I hope you don't get sick- seems like your cocktail of meds could easily be causing headaches.

@feather_heather I'm sorry your progesterone was low despite PIO, could that be a timing issue? Hope the biopsy results get you some answers. 

@kpearse99 I hope AF makes her way to you soon or that you figure out what's going on. Thanks for the playlist! I love it. 

@emeraldduchess Glad you and YH got some quality time in, hope your doggy just drank too much water and doesn't have a UTI. I haven't seen the Downton Abbey movie yet but I rewatched all six seasons in anticipation!

@inthewoods23 Wow, it's great to hear about a PCP who takes you seriously about gluten. I feel like so many of them pish posh it. These next five weeks are going to fly by!

@misshelen86 Glad YH's surgery went well and that he opened up. I hope it was cathartic for both of you.

@abarr723 The trigger shot is soooo tiny, it's really nothing! My IUIs weren't painful at all, and my RE has me rest with my pelvis elevated for 15 minutes afterwards, she says it probably doesn't help but it also can't hurt. And yes, the leakage isn't semen.

@pom9207 GL on day 6 results! Glad you have more that were able to freeze. 

• @pom9207 that's wonderful news! 
    @abarr723 way to go with the trigger shot. Don't you feel great after it's done? 
    @ramzlau we will definitely be TWW buddies. We can try to keep each other sane. 😁 Thanks for asking about my dog. She made it through the night without waking up to go out, but did have an accident in the kitchen. We think it might be her age, since she's 11. 
    @keikilove love sending you hugs. I hope you hear from your RE soon. 💜
    @looeeze whoa, those are strong side effects! I get itching and hot flashes but not palpitations. 
  • @pom9207 You are right, it is not an easy road at all. But you go this! And look at those final numbers!! So amazing. Over the moon for you.

@looeeze Oh my goodness! How scary. What have they recommended for treatment? Is it just something that you will have to monitor and be aware of? 

@emeraldduchess GL today! FX for good veins and good news. 

@keikilove Thinking of you and hope that you get results soon. 

@ramzlau It feels like everywhere I turn someone else is sick. Why are people spreading it around? Stay at home if you are not well! Lysol and Vit C are definitely my friends right now. FX your lining does some catching up over the next couple days. GL!
  • @looeeze sorry about the diagnosis, I hope you recover soon!

@keikilove I hope your RE is okay! And you can get to hear the MRI result soon.

@ramzlau great follies! Fx this IUI is the one!

@nitnat007 thank you!
    Same here, I don’t understand why people just spread sickness around... every time someone in my office area cough I got panicked👀

@kiki047 thank you! And thanks for sharing your experience; good to know I am not the only one whose AF is being brutal after ER!

TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• @ramzlau I'm not sure about how all those meds interact with each other but my hunch is that none of those interactions would increase progesterone in the TWW. FX that your lining catches up, seems like there's enough time left for it to thicken. 

@keikilove Thanks! My RE said that none of my meds should be causing heart stuff. I have read that estrogen does it but I'm not on any. Sorry you had it happen on BC, that must've been scary. 

@nitnat007 They said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, to go back in. And in the meantime, talk to my PCP. Pretty standard ER instructions. 
  • @feather_heather ugh, sorry you didn't get any good answers! Did the biopsy include checking the timing of the transfer? Sounds like they're trying to work the cycle like a fresh transfer?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess that sounds like what happened with me on my first medicated cycle back in August. My follies were great on CD12 and then CD14 they were smaller and CD15 or 16 they were smaller again. I completely understand the feelings you are having right now, friend. 

@feather_heather It's so wonderful that everything was normal, but it sucks so much to not have answers for anything. I get it. :( BUT I think it's great that they have this new plan that they want to try. 
    Our TTC Journey

• @emeraldduchess - Ughh I'm so sorry! The same thing happened to me for my 2nd IUI, except I didn't end up ovulating until CD36. The only upside is that I think we live in the same state, and my insurance counted the cancelled IUI as one of the 3 failed IUI's needed to move onto IVF. 

@inthewoods23 - They didn't end up doing the ERA testing because my lining wasn't responding, but they did a test for endometrial dating. The nurse didn't mention it today, but I'm guessing since she didn't mention it I was within the normal range? She had mentioned trying a natural transfer cycle, but quickly changed her mind when I reminded her that I do not ovulate on any regular schedule and it would be a nightmare to monitor. 

@kpearse99 - I'm just glad it seemed like my plea's for a different protocol are being taken seriously now!
  • @feather_heather maybe I'm a little confused... How is the ERA different from the endometrial dating?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @emeraldduchess Ugh I am so sorry for the cancelled IUI. That is so frustrating! Are they going to have you trigger to at least keep the cycle going rather than an anovulatory cycle? Would it be worth HIO if you think you did ovulate because it can take up to 36 hours after ovulation for egg to be ready for fertilization? 

@feather_heather Well, good results are a good thing. I hope that now that they have checked their boxes on tests they will be creative for you on this next cycle. 
  • @ramzlau they said that I am ovulating right now, so no trigger. They told us to HIO tonight, tomorrow and Thursday. So there is a teeny tiny sliver of hope I guess. But I am going to be realistic and assume it's not going to happen.
    @feather_heather I think we do live in the same state. I don't know if our insurance will count this cancelled IUI as a failure and give us the green light for IVF or not. We have to make an appointment with our RE first. 
  • @emeraldduchess I can imagine how that feels (trying to balance the sliver of hope and the reality), so creepy internet hugs.