1st Trimester

Notice any Difference with Caffeine?

Hello all. 
I have been trying to get pregnant unsuccessfully for nearly 4 years now. I've tried a few supplements and started myself on Cassava Root and Royal Jelly a couple months ago. I use the Flo app to keep track of everything, but my periods have never been very regular and my cycles range widely. I've had a few that were amongst the normal 28ish days and some as long as 72 days. My average seems to be between 40 and 50. Ii have been a bit more regular and starting around the time predicted, except now. I am currently on day 53 and 11 days "late" according to the tracker. I usually get PMS symptoms but haven't had any so far. Over the past couple weeks I have been feeling a bit nauseous but nothing serious, just a mild near-constant feeling whether I eat or not. (I often get nauseous on an empty stomach.) I've also had a mild headache to go along with the nausea but haven't thought much of it as it sometimes is a PMS thing. 
Anyway, over the past few days I have noticed something new and strange to me. I regularly consume caffeine. No more than 200mg usually, but it has always been needed to keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay and my mind somewhat clear.  It doesn't normally affect me very much and I can drink an energy drink (though I avoid them usually) and still go to sleep without issue. The past few days though, I have been staying awake for most of the night after consuming caffeine. No more than the usual amount and I don't feel too jittery, just awake. I was up until almost 5am Saturday night and awake around 9am. I had a very busy Sunday. I had caffeine around 7pm to help me get through work. I do this normally and am still asleep by midnight, especially with such little sleep the night before. I couldn't sleep until around 3am and I am so exhausted today it's unreal. 
Sorry for such a long post but I am just curious if anyone has noticed this happening to them and then getting a positive pregnancy test? I am always so nervous to test because I am sick of seeing the BFN but this seems so strange to me! 

Re: Notice any Difference with Caffeine?

• Yes, thank you. I will test, but I really just want to know if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not expecting anyone to tell me if I could be pregnant or not as it's always on my mind as a possibility anyway. I truly am just curious if it's a thing that has happened to anyone else as it seems so out of the blue. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @suchabrilliantstar sorry, it's impossible to determine if you're pregnant or not by symptoms alone. Nor by comparing your symptoms to another person. As much as it sucks, you're going to have to take a test.  Good luck!

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20