October 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY 2/20 Smells

Pick your two! Have they changed since getting your BFP?

Re: GTKY 2/20 Smells

• Options
    This is so hard for me! 

Before it rains is an easy first but my second choice is hard! I’ll go with garden dirt! Soothes my soul. 

Gag to strong coffee (especially now) and chlorine. 
  • Options
    I'm going to say baby snuggles and campfire, reluctantly. When I saw the fish at the top of the picture I was not expecting it to be such a difficult choice, haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Homemade bread, and my second choice I'm not sure... I'd say it's a tie between sunscreen and chlorine.

I think I'm waffling because I can smell all the things really strongly right now. I even turned my Scentsy off at home. The only candle I can tolerate right now is a ginger cakes scented one we got in Colonial Williamsburg. Other than that, I just want to smell clean things, like lemon or bleach.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    Homemade bread and apple pie! 
    Apple is my all time favorite scent and I generally lean towards food smells 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Options
    Right before it rains and baby snuggles. My "baby" hasn't really let me snuggle her in so long! Not that she smells like a baby anymore either. 
  • Options
    Easy for me- campfires and coffee. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Strong coffee and baby snuggle! I snuggle all the babies in our fit4mom group. It’s my favorite. 
  • Options
    Baby snuggles and brownies baking! 

I used to love the smell of chlorine because it reminds me of summer, but my son made me watch a YouTube video explaining that you only really smell chlorine because of the urine in the pool and that has totally ruined it for me. 🤢
  • Options
    Fresh towels and brownies baking

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Definitely coffee and homemade bread! 
  • Options
    Grass and coffee!

My sense of smell is stronger, but I don't have much nausea so no smells make me sick...yet. I haven't smelled fresh cut grass since getting pregnant so maybe I'd actually hate it now, who knows.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    Right before it rains, and line dried linens!
  • Options
    My answer is definitely different right now than it might normally be. I love the smell of books and campfire AND coffee.

But my sensitive nosed self today says baby snuggles and fresh towels. Nice and mild.
  • Options
    Garden dirt and right before it rains, that's what is normally for me.. I've really wanted to smell both for weeks, but it's February so I guess I'm waiting a long time to smell rain! 
    The smell of books literally makes my skin crawl 😬
  • Options
    kalesix3 said:
    Garden dirt and right before it rains, that's what is normally for me.. I've really wanted to smell both for weeks, but it's February so I guess I'm waiting a long time to smell rain! 
    Smell twins! Well except for books. If they are old dusty books...skin crawl for sure. But a new never been read from the book store...mmmmm.
  • Options
    Homemade bread is my absolute favorite smell! I love baking bread, and I love the smell of cinnamon raisin in the morning. 

Campfires definitely bring back amazing memories, so that is definitely number 2. 
  • Options
    We used to like a couple blocks from a wonder bread factory and a cereal factory! So some days we would smell fresh bread and other days coco puffs. 
  • Options
    Baby snuggles and banana boat.

I haven’t smelled sunscreen since being pregnant so that could possibly change..
  • Options
    Fresh towels and leather boots. I have always loved the smell of new shoes and fresh laundry.
  • Options
    babyodobabyodo member
    edited February 2020
    kalesix3 said:
    Witch City Wicks has a candle called Holy Ground that smells like wet dirt with a touch of sandalwood. It is soooooo authentic, I love it. 

For those who like the solitary scents, Demeter is a good brand that sells fragrances that smell exactly like the things you want:

Fresh Cut Grass
    Rye Bread
    Fresh Brewed Coffee
    Linen ETA or maybe Laundromat
    Dark Chocolate
    Wet Garden
    Bonfire or Fireplace
    Brownie
    Swimming Pool (Chlorine)
    New Baby
    Apple Pie
    Suntan Lotion (Sunscreen)
    Paperback Book
    Pure Soap (what I imagine they mean by Fresh Towels)
    Leather (they also have Saddle and Riding Crop, which sound the same lol)
    Thunderstorm (the smell before the rainstorm) and they also have Petrichor (the smell of fresh rain on the ground) and plain old Rain, as well
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Options
    Pre-pregnancy definitely coffee and dark chocolate, preferably together! Last pregnancy I had a serious aversion to coffee that disappeared the morning after I delivered. So far, still tolerating coffee but already less appealing. 
  • Options
    Since one of my favorite places in the world is a bookstore/cafe (any bookstore/cafe) I guess I’ll pick coffee and new books.
  • Options
    @babyodo I love Demeter. It’s been forever since I’ve had anything from them. Last time I looked on their site I was trying to decide between the suntan lotion smell and something else with a similar profile. Not sure why I didn’t go through with it. 

Side note- is your name baby yodo like a silly way to say yoda or baby odo like odo from DS9?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kalesix3kalesix3 member
    edited February 2020
    @JLaVO888 I love having a smell twin! I agree new books smell completely different but it still gets me 🤢 
    @babyodo thank you so much!! That candle sounds absolutely amazing, I can't wait till it's delivered lol! 
    Also I thought your name was baby shark related, I didn't even think about the mandalorian haha, that's great! 
    Edit to say I have no idea why I thought of baby shark immediately lol it's not even remotely similar. 
  • Options
    Mmmmm baby snuggles and fresh towels! Runner up is sunscreen. 
    Furbaby (Oscar) | 12/9/2010
    DD | 7/3/2015 
    DS | 2/20/2018
    LO#3 | EDD: 10/11/2020 TEAM GREEN!
  • Options
    I’m with the garden dirt and right before it rains. And I’m also glad I don’t know what Demeter is because they would probably take all my money @babyodo 😂
  • Options
    I think fresh towels or line dried sheets, and right before it rains. 
  • Options
    Oh, this was hard...I think right now it's campfire and homemade bread. It's been a while since I've experienced baby snuggles, but I cannot wait for that smell again.