Week 3 Checking w/o 2/17

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote?
DS1 2009
DS2 2010
DS3 2014
DD born 8/24/2020!

Re: Week 3 Checking w/o 2/17

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days:  9 weeks some days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  hoping for pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): i think olive?

Upcoming appointments: not for a while!

How are you feeling?  I'm actually starting to feel a lot better! Of course I'm worried there's something wrong, but I'm hardly nauseous at all, starting to feel like myself again.

Raves/Rants:  I just finished baking a Meyer lemon meringue pie and it looks AMAZING.  Can't wait to eat it.

Questions:  I've been feeling a lot more dizzy with this pregnancy than with my previous ones.  I've even come close to passing out once or twice.  Anyone else? I'll mention it to my doctor at my next appointment.

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote?  I won't be so prosaic as to use my own profile name as my favorite movie quote.  I'm going to go with Big Lebowski, "Yea, well that's just like your opinion man" (one of my other favorite movies and I think one of the most quotable movies ever!)
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I was in the process of making one too but I’m glad I screwed it up! Haha Also love that movie!

EDD/weeks+days: 9+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out. 

Baby is the size of a(n):  cherry 🍒 

Upcoming appointments: 3/9 (NT scan at 12+1) 3/11 regular appt. going to need a genetic counseling appt soon but it hasn’t been scheduled yet.

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually. Nausea is gone and other than sleeping a lot I don’t really feel any different than pre-pg. Been getting lightning crotch when working though and randomly throughout the day which is concerning but trying to just remind myself it’s normal. 

Raves/Rants: I am so, so, stressed. I have a hundred things constantly going through my mind that I can’t keep up with at all. I’m overwhelmed and I’m at my breaking point. Money is so tight right now it’s maddening. My H isn’t working as much as we need him to and I hate nagging but I really just need him to make more money. I’m tired of being behind on bills and literally having no money until the next paycheck. He says he has a plan but I just can’t stop worrying about everything. It’s a lot. Also found out I’m probably a carrier for CF so now H has to get tested to see if he’s one too. 

Questions: to anyone who’s gotten genetic counseling/testing (for your spouse), is it generally covered under insurance? What about a CVS/Amnio? 

GTKY: oh this is a hard one! I’ll go with something easy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    First off, sorry I ghosted the past week. I actually have been fairly sick and admitted to the hospital (not pregnancy related), and just couldn’t keep up. I’m on the mend now but so so so tired.  

EDD/weeks+days: 9+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, still not sure whether that will be through NIPT or anatomy scan, but one way or another. 

Baby is the size of a(n): 🍒 

Upcoming appointments: first official OB appointment 3/3. But given my health issues this past week, I think I’m going to a need be referred to MFM, so we’ll see. 

How are you feeling? Exhausted. A little nauseous. Daily headaches. 

Raves/Rants: Because I was admitted to my hospital, a lot of people I work with found out I was pregnant. My closest coworkers still don’t know, nor do my supervisors, but I’m feeling the pressure to tell them before they find out through the grapevine. 

Questions: what is everyone doing for headaches? I am not a headachey person, but they are relentless now. 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? Ooof, I don’t think I have one! I’m so boring. 
  • Options
    @greyl I am a CF carrier. I got preconception genetic screening. It was super stressful and my office couldn’t figure out how to get my husband tested at first. Eventually I got plugged in with the company rep (my office uses Natera) and he was crazy helpful. While technically insurance “covered” it, we hadn’t met our deductible and it was close to a grand. We negotiated cash pricing with the company which was much cheaper. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient oh no I’m sorry you were admitted! Hoping everything is alright and I’m glad you’re feeling better now. As far as headaches. I’ve been avoiding taking medication if I can deal with the headache (like if I’m at home) but if I’m working I’ll take Tylenol. Of course I have a bunch of ibuprofen but no Tylenol at home. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient oh wow!! Thank you for the info, I’ll have to look into it then. I would really hate to not be able to get him screened. Your H didn’t end up being a carrier right? My MIL said there’s no CF in their family but I had no idea there were carriers in mine until I got my test results back. My bio dad must be a carrier. Of course I don’t talk to him 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @greyl MH is not a carrier. CF is incredibly common, something like 1/25 people are carriers. I know my family health history in significant detail and there’s no one with CF. I still don’t know which of my parents is a carrier. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient I had horrific migraines with DS1, to the point I was vomiting, and ended up having to get a low dose opioid.  For regular headaches I just take a Tylenol and hope for the best, but if yours get so bad you can't function properly, an opioid is basically the next safest thing after Tylenol, as wild as that sounds.
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient I’m glad he’s not one! Yeah I was googling and was very surprised to see how common it was to be a carrier which makes me nervous!! Only reason I know it’s probably my dad is because my mom has been tested and she said she isn’t one. So I’m assuming he must have the mutation. 
  • Options
    @notagoodpatient The struggle is real. I'm super prone to headaches and migraines and ibuprofen is the best thing for mine so when all I can have is Tylenol I'm pretty unhappy.  

EDD/weeks+days: 10 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Not until March 6th. 

How are you feeling? A little better today. Still tired and nauseated but in a way more survivable way. 

Raves/Rants: I have an appointment to have genetic testing done at 9:45 and an appointment with my regular doctor at 11:30 which would be fine but I forgot that they want to do an early glucose test at this appointment which means I have to drink the gross glucose stuff at some point during that first appointment. I wish this had occurred to me when they were setting up the appointments. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote?
    "We are the weirdos, mister." - The Craft
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 10 weeks +1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: green

Baby is the size of a(n): kumquat 

Upcoming appointments: 2/26 is genetics and the NIPT test, 12 w appointment is 3/2.  I have to do an early glucose test then too.  Oh yay! 

How are you feeling? still awful.  this nausea makes me miserable 24/7.  I'm living day to day just trying to survive. 

Raves/Rants:  I got the grade for my paper that I wrote after my urgent care trip and my 24 hour non-stop puking marathon.  I got an A.  The professor said it was really well written.  Ha!  Rant would be this awful nausea and the fact that my DD is not sleeping this week and has definitely turned into a little diva.  She screamed for 5 minutes because her coat wasn't zipped properly. And she didn't want to drink out of the blue cup.  She is a really great kid most of the time, but definitely has her toddler moments.

Questions:  

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? I don't know that it is a favorite but I do use it a lot. "You're killin me, Smalls!" Sandlot 
  • Options
    @greyl I hear you about money stress. My DH got a job right before we started TTC and then it fell through shortly after.  He's working part time so we can try and keep up with bills but this is definitely not an ideal time for us to be having a baby.  He has a promising job prospect but they said it could still be a couple of weeks until we hear something.  Money and jobs can be so stressful.  Here's hoping it changes for us soon! 

@dontcallmeshirley1 Thats scary that you have almost passed out!  I have definitely been feeling dizzy but not to that level.  However, I do notice it a lot more than I remember with my previous pregnancy.  Some of mine might be dehydration but I am with you on the dizzy train.  

@notagoodpatient glad to hear you are on the mend!  Sorry you had it so rough. 
  • Options
    @dontcallmeshirley1 I am not a meyer lemon person, but I do love a regular lemon meringue pie

@notagoodpatient I was in the ER last week but for morning sickness. I was so out of it and then we just got back from my in-laws in Maine (we're in Pittsburgh)

@beaandthebabes was it getting the test done today or just taking to genetic counselor? I talked to a genetic counselor already but forgot to bring my husband along, so now he has to schedule so we can go again and get his tests ordered

@angbaby83 how old is DD? My almost 2 year old is cranky today, but he can't tell me why! So I have no clue

@greyl So, I've never had the carrier screenings done, but my LO has a genetic mutation on his 6th chromosome. Genetic counseling wants to have my husband do the testing too since we suspect he has the same condition, but the tests can give us more specific information about how it happened and might again. He's getting his Rx through the prenatal genetic counseling office I went to, but they do want to take to him in person. Since I need more specific screening, I'm either going to do a CVS or Amnio to look for the deletion before babe is born so we can do some of the imaging tests when they're a newborn instead of sedating them when they're older like we did with our 1st. I'm almost a little jealous that I'm the only one whose genes no one seems to care about  :D

EDD/weeks+days: 10 weeks today!

Baby is the size of a(n):  strawberry

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound tomorrow and MFM on Monday

How are you feeling? Nauseous. I have a prescription, but I'm living off Gatorade this morning. At least I haven't thrown up since last week

Raves/Rants: I just got back from flying back from my in-laws house where we were for 5 days, so I'm out of it. We have speech therapy and then our first OT session for the toddler both today, and I just wish it was naptime

Questions: How is everyone sleeping? My bed is just not feeling comfortable

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? I can't pick one!

• Options
    @pghren thank you for the information! My midwife said she sent a message to genetics to get me a consult but it’s been a week and I haven’t heard anything. I would at least like an appt booked. So maybe I’ll have to bug them. I think I would want to get the extra testing done too so we are prepared if H Is also a carrier. Hope everything goes well for you guys! 
  • Options
    @pghren I've been so tired I could sleep anywhere with a pillow.  Until last night- I fell asleep around 10:45 and woke up at 11:30, and couldn't get to sleep until after 5am!  I'm getting another cold, so wonder if that's it, my throat is so scratchy it keeps making me gag.  My Dr called at 8am to set up an appointment I had already set up, so now I'm awake again!  
  • Options
    @pghren I fall asleep easily but haven’t been sleeping well through the night. Some of it is needing to pee frequently, but I made a fake body pillow with regular pillows and it’s helped a lot. I don’t really have a bump, but I prop my blump up and it’s much more comfy!
  • Options
    @pghren I think it is a blood test and a scan and mostly just because of my age. I only agreed to it because it isn't terribly invasive. 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: September 17th, 10 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Already found out! Its a boy!

Baby is the size of a(n): Prune

Upcoming appointments:March 5th, 12 week ultrasound!

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty good. Nausea isnt too bad. Im constantly exhausted though. The 3 year old keeps me on my toes

Raves/Rants: Just work drama this week! 

Questions: When did you guys start showing with your 2nd (or 3rd or 4th etc) pregnancies? I am trying to decide if Im showing or just getting fat lol

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? I dont really watch a lot of movies! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/20, 9+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: probably finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: my first appointment is finally next week 

How are you feeling? not great - morning sickness/vomiting, exhaustion, strong food aversions/sense of smell; some things seem to be getting better but not the sense of smell ... I can't even open the fridge without gagging

Raves/Rants: just stressed and overwhelmed by my job 

Questions: any suggestions for places to get business/professional maternity clothes? I have to wear a suit or something similar most days

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? nothing comes to mind
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/15 10w3d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): brussel sprout

Upcoming appointments: today

How are you feeling?  Mostly tired, and I gag over any strong smells which seems like most things.  This week has been really hard as I have another really bad cold which is making it so I can't sleep properly

Raves/Rants: rave- my DH bought supper last night so I didn't have to cook it!  Rant- this is my second cold in a few weeks, and in addition to my pregnancy symptoms it just wipes me out.  I can't wait to feel GOOD again!

Questions:  My husband was over 10 lbs and 22" when he was born, and most of his cousins were 10-12 lbs.  My siblings and I were all 7-8 lbs.  Can I hope for a baby my size or is it totally chance anyway?

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote?  I don't watch many movies so nothing comes to mind. 
  • Options
    Had my ultrasound today. Good HR 171. Measuring exactly 10w1d so on track for 9/17 EDD
  • Options
    Hi!
    im new on here and wanted to join in! 
    EDD/weeks+days: September 17th, 10 weeks, 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out-waiting on my NIPT results now!

Baby is the size of a(n): Prune

Upcoming appointments: march 3!

How are you feeling? Constantly tired! I still don’t have much of an appetite 

Raves/Rants: Just not ready for it to be Monday again!!

Questions: How long did it take for your NIPT results to come back 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie quote? I dont really watch a lot of movies!