Group 3 (May 17-24) check in week of 2/17

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24) check in week of 2/17

• Started because we’re still not set up for the PG yet and I like our weekly check ins.

EDD/weeks+days: May 19, 27 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Head of romaine lettuce

Upcoming appointments: None til March 

How are you feeling? Generally pretty good

Raves/Rants: Rave: MH and I are headed to CA tomorrow morning to visit my oldest sister and her family! I’m excited to see my nephews. One is 2 and the other will be 1 next month, we haven’t met the baby yet, so I’m so excited for that. Then my younger sister and her husband (who happens to also be my husband’s brother) are driving down for a day so we will get to see 1/2 our siblings all at once. 
    Rant: I am not looking forward to the 6 hour cross country flight or the red-eye coming home. Oh well.

Questions: not really 

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? I’ve thought about maternity. I’m undecided. I generally don’t like professional photos of myself, but this seems like one of those times to make an exception. Definitely want to do the adorable newborn photos. Just need to find a decent photographer who doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
  • @sunshinesea22 Have fun on your trip!!!

EDD/weeks+days: 26+2, 5/24

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): (my funny one isn't working right now) acorn squash 

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until the first week of March and then I am at every 2 weeks 

How are you feeling? Tired, I am nesting like crazy but this is causing me to be so exhausted. Also heartburn can EAD and so can sleepless nights.

Raves/Rants: I need to get on getting some things like the car seat and stroller all set to go but I just can't make myself because then it feels real. Also with my glucose screening they couldn't get me on the first few tries so I am all bruised up. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? I am, it is funny you post this because my mom (who does photography on the side) and I talked about it the other day because I said to her I feel like I have no belly pics of DS1 and it makes me sad. Also for newborn I think we will do some sibling ones.
  • Loading the player...
  • @sunshinesea22 Thanks for starting this! I'm on vacation and the days are mushing together! Enjoy your time seeing your sisters! I would dread a red eye too right now. Just the thought of trying to be comfortable on a plane right now!! 

@mamaj1220 That's about my feelings to heartburn right now too! 🤣 I hate when they can't get the needle right on a blood draw and they just keep apologizing. Hopefully you don't bruise too bad!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 27+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Lettuce? It looks like romaine in the bump's picture. 

Upcoming appointments: Monday for a check up. I'm dropping into the lab tomorrow for the glucose challenge. 

How are you feeling? Heartburn is rough. It's all baby sitting high. She drifted lower for now and I have some relief but she'll be back. Moody too. 

Raves/Rants: We pulled the carseat out of storage and can't decide if there is dust or mildew on the straps. Water won't clean away mildew so it looks like we're getting a new carseat. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? Not maternity. Other people do that moody/goddess facial expression so well, but I can't seem to ever wipe the half laugh off of my face. The hospital has a photography service that we used with DD. I'll do those again, I love the ones we got of DD. This time I'll have it together more and brush my hair and throw on some mascara. They take shots with family members too, so I'll have some taken with DD. The price isn't bad. I have friends out of town I usually rely on for family pics. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24 / 26+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Double pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Kale? We're into the stretch of sizes that don't make sense, I think.

Upcoming appointments: drop-in Monday for my GTT, nothing official until March

How are you feeling? Irritable, though I can't decide if that's because of pregnancy, lack of sleep, work, or a combination.

Raves/Rants: I'm waking up sore every morning, after sleeping really poorly every night. I'm not loving it.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? Yes to both! Found a photographer who does a series for one package price - maternity, newborn, 6 mos, and 12 mos. Looking forward to it.
  • @jrouge12 We just found out the hospital does photos as well, I might take them up on that. Hadn't occurred to me before. I do love having professional photos taken, I don't have a very good visual memory so having nice photos is very helpful.

@mamaj1220 Ack to your GTT, I hate it when they can't find the vein.

@sunshinesea22 Have fun with your siblings!!
  • @louessbee Sorry you're not sleeping well! I must have whacked DH 10 times last night because he was snoring. My sleep is more important, right? I was so glad I did the hospital pics with DD. Our stay there was challenging and I got no good pictures myself. It made me so happy to have those. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 26+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): not sure

Upcoming appointments: 28 week appointment and GTT on 2/27

How are you feeling? Blah. I just don't like being pregnant. 

Raves/Rants: I'm getting tired of the winter. It's supposed to be 40 degrees this weekend so that's exciting. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? Definitely not maternity. I am not a fan of them. I'm also not a fan of my pregnant body. I don't even take bump photos for myself until the very end. I would never hang maternity photos in my house. We did some cheap newborn photos with DD1 so maybe I'll be able to find something, but I can't/won't spend more than $100 so that's doubtful. We typically do Christmas card photos and 1 year photos and that's it. 

sunshinesea22 I hope the flight went well! Enjoy the trip. 

louessbee Same on the soreness. When I get up it feels as though I've just done a work-out

jrouge12 That sucks about the car seat. Have you looked into whether you can buy new straps? You can for the keyfit, for example. https://www.chiccousa.com/parts-and-manuals/replacement-parts/keyfit-and-keyfit-30-car-seat-5-pt-harness-and-chest-clip---gray/12071018000.html
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• EDD/weeks+days: 5/20 / 27 Weeks today 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): lettuce

Upcoming appointments: March 2 for GD test and 28w appt.

How are you feeling? feeling pretty good - I've been using a massage roller thing on my hip and lower back and it's definitely easing some of the pain. Baby boy is moving around like crazy and he's really low so I've been getting "lightening crotch" a lot which is mostly just annoying. 

Raves/Rants: Same rant - house hunting sucks. 
    Rave - MH has been working Sundays this past month 1/2, but he has the next 2 weekend completely off which will be great! He has missed almost all of DS's soccer games, so I'm glad he gets to go and we get more family time. Also - glad to have help with DS and maybe get some rest in!

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos?
    definitely not planning to do maternity - maybe this is an UO but I don't really see the point? We aren't big picture people though as far as having framed photos around the house and such so I just don't know what I would do with the pictures in the long run.. We will do some newborn photos but nothing fancy and my mom or SIL will most likely take them - we do like to send out birth announcements since our family is so spread out. I also might plan to do some family pictures when the baby is around 6-12 weeks before I have to go back to work. 
  • @chewie5990 I know they're not for everyone, but I love photos because I have a very poor visual memory. I make a lot of scrapbooks and albums and I love just being able to look at them and remember times or events. I hang some around the house, but not a ton.
  • @chewie5990 I hope DH helps you get some rest! I understand why others do professional maternity pics but it's just not for me too. I never took a ton of bump pictures with DD. I'll admit it's fun this time around seeing the progression. When the weather gets nicer I might get DD and DH outside for an informal family picture with me still pregnant. I definitely like nice pictures of DD and DH!
  • @catem07 Yeah we had already looked for new replacement straps. We could do knock off ones from Amazon but um...no. Its Graco, the positive in it all is we can get a seat that will work with our current base (we'll need an extra base this time around for my parent's  car) and existing stroller. My thinking is we'll save the unusable seat and when the next trade in event happens we'll get the bigger, non-portable seat for the future and sell the infant one we're buying now. 
  • @louessbee I wish I was creative/had to motivation to scrapbook! Sometimes I feel like I just don't have that "Sentimental" mentality - anytime we do something cool/new my mom asks to see photos and I'm like uh.... I don't think we took any... It just doesn't even cross my mind! 
  • @sunshinesea22, I love Cali, enjoy your time away with family!

@jrouge12, I am sorry you have to get a replacement car seat, but good thinking about trading it in. Annoying mildew...

@chewie5990, enjoy the next two weekends with hubby! We are also getting to the stage of starting to house hunt or move to another rental (I prefer the former). We will either try to find a larger place by the first few days of May (rental) or renew our lease 6 more months and give us some time to look for a house. So many balls in the air, I don’t even want to think about it.

EDD/Week days: May 25th, 26w3d (STM)

Team: PINK

Baby is the size of a(n): Butternut squash, bowling pin!

Upcoming appts: Next Wed (26th) for GTT and 27 week appt.

How are you feeling?: I am feeling good overall, belly feels heavy at times. Thankfully, I am getting enough sleep. I am so glad I got the snoggle last time around, because I have used it since the first trimester for this pregnancy. When we went away this past weekend I forgot it and I felt the difference!

Raves/Rants: Work is sooooooooo slow now a days. I just changed jobs and I am in learning mode, which means that I have A LOT of down time. People say I should enjoy this down time, but it makes the day go so slowly.

GTKY/ Are you planning to do maternity/newborn shoot:
    For DD1, my sister took pictures of us around 36 weeks, she is no professional but with a nice camera they turned out really nice! I will ask her to take some pics of my belly again.
    I think someone mentioned it above, but the hospital did a nice job to get a few professional newborn pics. Then I took pics of her every month with my camera. I think I will follow this plan again.
    We plan do a professional family shoot in the Fall so that they baby is less squishy.

******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @queenklau I hear you, slow work days are the worst! I notice my heartburn so much more those days too! 
  • @queenklau the living in limbo is the hardest part! I just want to be settled and not have to think about! Good luck on your future house hunt - I'm sure everything will work out well for both of us! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 26w6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): butternut squash

Upcoming appointments: Nothing this week, 1hr glucola first week of march

How are you feeling? tired but doing well!  started on omeprazole for my reflux and that is soooo much better.  this baby is really active (no anterior placenta this time!) and that has been a lot of fun.

Raves/Rants: hoping to do some to-do list items this weekend, but we'll see, its not even 10am and i've already watched one show on hulu :P 

Questions: can anyone summarize what is going on with the PG vs. facebook thing?  this is being done a lot more complicated than with my first BMB.  just eager to get over to FB- so much easier to participate and follow.

GTKY: Are you planning to do maternity and/or newborn photos? i'd like to do a family photo shoot when the weather warms up as "maternity," and i'd love a shoot at home within baby's first week of life. we dished out a decent amount of money for NB photos with DD, and while they of course are precious i think i'd like something a little bit less sterile this time around.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn I’m a big fan of “lifestyle” shoots as opposed to the highly posed/propped newborn pictures a lot of people do. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Sorry I’ve been MIA most of the week. It was a crazy busy few days with my sisters, BILs, and nephews. It was so nice to see everyone and take some notes on child wrangling from my sister

@mamaj1220 I hope the nurses at the hospital have a better time when it comes to landing an IV for L&D. So nice that your mom can take photos for you, definitely get lots of pics of you and your bump!

@jrouge12 How was your week off school? Did you do anything special?

@louessbee Good luck with the GTT! I hope it’s not too terrible.

@catem07 You have a long winter up there, I don’t envy it at all. Part of the reason to visit my sister was to break the winter slump. I’m so glad we were able to get a good bit of sunshine. Do I remember you mention your parents have a place in Florida? If that correct, do you guys ever visit in winter to get a break from the cold and grey?

@chewie5990 How was your weekend with your husband home? Did you do anything special other than the soccer game?

@queenklau Hope this week at work is less tedious! It’s never fun being in the watch and learn mode. Good luck with your house hunt!

@sevenn For the PG, we’re just starting there and seeing how things go. I’m sure at some point people will want to switch to FB but it sounds like not everyone will want to go there. There will be “vetting” to ensure everyone is who they say they are, since privacy is most people’s main concern.