1st Trimester

8wks no heartbeat

They did a transvaginal ultrasound today and the doctor said that there was no heartbeat:/ he wants me to go back in a week to check again but he says he doesn’t think anything will change & that it’ll be a miscarriage.. I’m so hurt & idk what to think. Should i just give up all hope and accept its gone or is it possible it’s just too early 

Re: 8wks no heartbeat

• Was everything else measuring eight weeks? But no fetal HB? 

Not being harsh, but were you temping? Were you taking OPKs? Even a couple of weeks can make a difference in a hb vs. no hb.  

Sorry you are going through this. 

• Loading the player...
  • I’m so sorry. 
    It’s hard to say totally without more information. Was baby measuring 8 weeks with no heartbeat or are you supposed to be 8 weeks but baby measured smaller with no heartbeat?
    If it’s the former, I would protect my heart and assume the worst rather than getting my hopes up. No heartbeat at 8 weeks is alway a bad sign. 
    If it’s the latter, you could have ovulated later and thus not be as far as you think. In that case I might be a tiny bit hopeful but still probably assume the worst. 
  • I am sorry.  Being in limbo like this is miserable.  I was in a similar position 2 years ago.  I was 7 weeks with no heartbeat (100% sure of dates.). I read everything all week to see if there was any hope, and there are a few antidotes, but generally, it isn’t likely to end well.

I personally needed to hold on to any ounce of hope I could to survive that week of waiting.  Honestly, my thoughts are, if there is no hope at all, then your doctor wouldn’t have said to recheck in a week.