September 2020 Moms

week 4 check-in w/o 2/17

This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far?

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: week 4 check-in w/o 2/17

• This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

EDD/weeks+days: 9w0d, due 9/21

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green (although my husband is trying to change my mind)

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: in two weeks we will have another ultrasound to check the SCH

How are you feeling? Other than tired I'm feeling pretty good

Raves/Rants: none...shockingly

Questions: none

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far?  I'm surprised at how vastly different subsequent pregnancies can be. I felt so crappy throughout my first pregnancy but now I'm doing well expect for just being tired. I'm also surprised at how I don't feel pregnant this time and also about how this pregnancy doesn't feel as magical. Not in a bad way...just in a "I already know what to expect" way so all the mystery is gone. It's so weird.

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

• EDD/weeks+days: Maybe around 09/24ish / 8w+4ds 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry

Upcoming appointments: I have an intake appointment tomorrow which will probably be boring and a waste of time since this isn’t my first rodeo. I have my first OB appt and ultrasound next Monday

How are you feeling? Feeling off and on nausea. Sometimes I feel pretty good and other times not so great. Still exhausted all the time.

Raves/Rants: I wish DS (9 months) would sleep better

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? I’ve forgotten how tired you are in first trimester. I’m sure having a baby that still wakes up at night doesn’t help. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Loading the player...
  • @linz36 thanks for getting us started! I'm glad you're feeling well. I can imagine it's a different experience having one in there compared to having two. Even as a person whose only ever carried one (although I suppose I haven't confirmed it's a singleton yet, but odds are good it's only one) it's definitely a different experience the second time. Like @robyn2201 says, having another kiddo changes the experience for sure.

@robyn2201 I've seen people post about an intake appointment. What exactly is it? Any tests of any kind?

EDD/weeks+days: 8+3

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: I'm leaning toward green! However, once we tell DD she's going to have a baby bro or sis, she might have strong opinions one way or the other. Might be best to know.

Baby is the size of a: penny

Upcoming appointments? THURSDAY! finally!

How are you feeling? Well, the nausea was outta control yesterday. I felt okay in the morning but spent 80% of the afternoon horizontal and could hardly eat anything. Thank goodness I feel better today since I'm back at work!

Raves/Rants: thanks to the PG gods for getting me to work today. I really can't afford to use more time off for MS. I also left early twice last week for naps... 😬

Questions? Nope! 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? So far I'm surprised I'm not showing yet. My appetite has been out of control and it's my second time around so I expected a faster bump out this time around. I mean, I know baby is only as big as a penny, but still. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 9/29 / 7w+6d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out (DH is trying to convert me to Team Green)

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: 3/10 for 12 weeks checkup. Also need to make a 12 week appt for screening with a perinatal office?

How are you feeling? Exhausted, just going to a store for a quick errand gets me tired. My tailbone/pelvic bone has been aching--- the feeling is similar to sitting on a plane for 10+ hours, but I feel the soreness all the time and it makes it hard to sleep. 

Raves/Rants: We're telling our immediate families this week and I'm excited to have people share in the good news. Keeping quiet has felt a bit isolating?

Questions: N/A

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? How anxious I am because I don't have the typical pregnancy symptoms. Trying to remind myself I'm lucky that I don't have any nausea, but at the same I find myself hoping all is well with the baby and my hormone levels.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @tortilliny I haven't had it bad either, have all the symptoms but so mild that the biggest of them all was my anxiety everything was alright!  We had our first US last Friday at 9w3d and everything was just fine- such a relief to see baby healthy!  So hang in there and here's hoping your easy journey continues! 
  • knutty3knutty3 member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/27, 8w1d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Raspberry 

Upcoming appointments:  soon...trying to schedule a date.  Already had 1st ultrasound on Valentine's day.

How are you feeling?  Nauseous and tired.  Chasing 2 two years olds is tough, but now it's exhausting! Also food aversion is rough...only want carbs, no sweets or meat...meh!

Raves/Rants:   cant wait for 12 weeks to break out the work maternity clothes...my pants are killing me!

Questions: None...

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far?  That my singleton pregnancy feels like my last twin pregnancy....I was hoping for a break or for it to be easier...lol, no such luck!
  • @knutty3 you have twins too? Mine are 15 months and kick my butt every day lol. I'm hoping having one baby is going to be way easier this time. 

• @jennifer_louise I had my intake appointment with the NP today. I peed in a cup for a pregnancy test. They did blood pressure, weight check. The NP went over all my family history and general health questions, have you ever had high blood pressure before or any surgeries, those type questions. We went over previous pregnancies, talked about genetic testing, and she talked to me about lab work I needed to complete and handed me a packet with additional info re food, medications, birth classes, kick counts. Extremely long and frustrating because we did all this with my last pregnancy and they should have record of it in their system. Oh well! At least it’s over. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• EDD/weeks+days: 9/27 | 8 weeks+4 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Peanut

Upcoming appointments: Well, I rescheduled the appointment that I was supposed to have last Tuesday, and now it's next Tuesday, but I made a quick ultrasound appointment at a Christian counseling center that does them for free since I'm desperate to just see the babe and make sure everything is okay.

How are you feeling? A little less tired this week, but I really still don't have much left in me by the time dinner is over. I also feel a little down and very scattered. 

Raves/Rants: H and I got into a fight last night and it has me feeling so drained :( 

Questions: Anyone else sweating the cost of this pregnancy? My original OB (the one I used for my delivery last year) quoted me $675/mo. for L&D costs. They collect everything upfront and bill my insurance after delivery. I didn't realize just how much I screwed us by switching to a different insurance plan last year. My deductible is now $7,900 and doesn't cover labs or ultrasounds. Also, I can't use my HSA to pay the $675/mo. because it isn't billed until September. I just switched to a new OB and I'm hoping we can work out a new/better payment plan but won't have the financial discussion until my first appointment next Tuesday. I freaking hate money stress. 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? Nothing. I literally feel like I've been pregnant forever since I just had a baby last April. lol. 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• This is the group check in for those of us due during the 4th week of September!

Hi! Switching to this group since my EDD changed :smile:

EDD/weeks+days: 9/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out for sure

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry

Upcoming appointments: not until next month

How are you feeling? Good. Just bloated. 

Raves/Rants: Just normal mom stuff that I don’t have enough hours in the day to get everything done. Plus being tired from pregnancy makes it worse. 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? How bloated I am. This is my 2nd but last time I didn’t get near as bloated. I swear sometimes I look 7 months pregnant. It gets painful sometimes too. But I know people have worse symptoms so I try to just stay grateful. I swear some people must be wondering if I’m preggo though, 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 8+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: this morning!! First appt and u/s

How are you feeling? Still really tired, and I have to pee all the time. No real nausea but I do need to eat right when I wake up or I don’t feel great. 

Raves/Rants: I hate it when I have to pee MOTN and then I can’t fall back to sleep. 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? I guess how tired I am. I know I was this tired last time too but it feels worse now that I’m chasing around a toddler. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • robinj716robinj716 member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: 9/30 based on LMP 8+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    finding out at a 14 week elective ultrasound! 

Appointment: 
    today! First ultrasound! Follow up with doctor on Monday! 

How are you feeling? 
    Nausea mostly every day, all day. Extremely bloated and looking about 6 months pregnant. I want to get into some maternity clothes soon! 

Raves/Rants: I just hate my job and wish I didn’t have to work. 

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far?
    I felt good my last pregnancy and this time the nausea is 100x amplified. It’s going by slow but fast at the same time; much faster than my first! I think it’s because I’m busy everyday with a toddler! 

• It helps reading all of these and knowing other mamas are feeling the same way as me! I don’t know how you twin mamas do it, my 18m DS has been wearing me out by his nap time and there’s just one of him!  he’s now learned to climb onto furniture which feels like a whole new ball game lol! And the tantrums are real... I always thought those werent supposed to start until 2😂 but I love him dearly and it’s worth every second for sure. 

EDD/weeks+days: September 26, 8w 6d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): piece of popcorn  

Upcoming appointments: Tuesday we will have another ultrasound with our RE, possibly our last one with them before graduating to regular OB! 

How are you feeling? Many things lol. My morning sickness got so bad by 7 weeks that my doctor put me on Bonjesta which has brought me down to just all day nausea with the occasional vomit and I can atleast eat tiny meals throughout the day. Sooo tired. Nervous and emotional but getting more excited every day that passes! 

Raves/Rants: When people act like they have it harder than you because of “insert problem here”. I have a relative who constantly feels the need to point out how hard her life is because she’s a mom of 3, and how mom’s of 1 have no idea yet. Yet she got pregnant first try and had easy pregnancies every time. And our journey has been much more complicated. Yes I don’t know what it’ll be like to Lord willing have 3 kids but that doesn’t mean my journey has been any easier. We all have our different challenges to deal with so we shouldn’t be playing the one up game with life’s challenges! Sorry rant over 😂

Questions: Anyone feel more easily winded in first trimester already? I feel like I have to take deep breaths after carrying my son up one flight of stairs 🤦🏻‍♀️

GTKY: What has surprised you about pregnancy so far? Not much surprises me anymore with all the different experiences I’ve had but I must say the bloat struggle always gets me. Trust me I am so excited to have a bump and show it off to the world but right now I feel it’s the awkward “umm is she pregnant or did she eat too much for dinner 😂”

• @momofmiracles31889 I totally relate to your R/R today. We struggled with secondary IF before conceiving this one. My SIL (who didn't know what we were going through but may have had some idea) would always complain about the mom life with 4 kiddos and I was like "gee, I only wish I could experience that craziness!". Like you say, we all have our struggles and for some it's having four kids and for others it's not having four kids.

As for your other question, yes I am already winded too! It makes sense as baby gets bigger and encroaches on the lungs but I have no idea why it's already happening! 
  • @momofmiracles31889 @jennifer_louise I've been super winded too, have to catch my breath going up the stairs even without carrying a toddler!  I asked my Dr about it today and she said it may be an iron deficiency.... Yet to get my blood test results back for confirmation. 
  • @jennifer_louise yes I completely agree with what you said! My relative I referred to is my SIL as well 😂 makes it hard when you’re going through loss or infertility to have such a fertile close relative lol but like you said I try to remind myself that her struggles are her struggles and are still real- just wish she wouldn’t make insensitive comments when she knows what I’ve been through

@readytobemama and @jennifer_louise ah yes I can’t figure out the shortness of breath! According to doctor google your diaphragm is already moving slightly at this stage and increased progesterone in body (which I’m also on extra supplementation) can cause some shortness of breath. Other mamas I’ve talked to have experienced it this early too. Of course when I emailed my RE nursing line about it they told me to go to the ER 🤦🏻‍♀️ I was already there last weekend after coughing up blood after a bloody nose my hematologist told me to go, everything checked out fine including my blood counts clotting times and hemoglobin so I’m not anemic. So my DH and I decided to skip the ER this time (we have had too many ER billing headaches) and saw my family doctor instead and my oxygen levels were fine, lungs sounded clear. Said it’s likely normal early pregnancy combined with all the meds I’m on. The biggest concern would be a blood clot in the lung (which I don’t have other symptoms of like bad leg pain, swollen ankles, chest pain) and the ER would check for that by doing a CT scan which isn’t very safe for baby sooo DH and I are holding off on that unless my shortness of breath gets worse or other symptoms come up. Thankfully my BIL is an ER doc so my hubby will talk to him tmw for his opinion of if we’re handling this right. I’m like I can’t exactly pitch a tent outside the ER for my whole pregnancy 😂 of course we’d go if we were worried but since most things checked out fine just hoping it’s normal! (Obviously I’m not a doctor and everyone is different so always talk to your doctor and go by what they say, I just feel for me personally I’m not ready to jump to a CT scan)