August 2020 Moms

February Symptoms

13»

Re: February Symptoms

• I was having it very early on @tara4910 @blackgirlmagic maybe it's a growth phase or something?  I have heard magnesium helps with muscle pain, so I have been taking cal-mag along with my prenatal and DHA, and I haven't had anymore of those bad Charlie horses or restless legs.  Half a banana a day should help, too.  But I'm not sure to be honest how much RLP has to do with that mineral balance stuff, or more physiological alignment type stuff? 🤷 #notadoctor
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife I got some magnesium lotion to help with leg cramps...not sure if it works but I like the ritual of applying it at night. It's also supposed to help you get better sleep 😴 Every now and then I'll move funny or cough and feel a twinge of pain and wonder if it might be the start of RLP.
  • me too honey ive got them!! brothers,sisters,aunts,uncles, cousins even once removed cousins lol! it took me 20 min today to get rid of them!! i feel ya sister! 
  • @blackgirlmagic on post for feb 4th i feel ya sister ive got the whole family too! it took me 20 min to rid of them dang buggers
  • @ziggymama06 I'm definitely having the same issue. I finally get my teeth all clean and then I gag and usually end up throwing up. Then I have to start all over. 
  • I have been coughing so hard  that I'm gagging... Which is also fun?
  • I’ve had intense gas pains since last night, or at least that’s what I think they are. I have no idea how I’m gonna make it through the workday today. I can’t seem to find a comfortable position and I’m sure you can see on my face that I feel like someone is stabbing me in the gut. 
  • catana15catana15 member
    edited February 2020
    @roo_baby I've had some terrible gas pains and I just talked to my doctor today about it. She recommends simethicone.  I hope you were able to make it through the day.
  • @roo_baby @catana15 The has pains have started for me over here, too! Came on suddenly about 4 days ago. So annoying. I figured it must be something I was eating, though I can’t think what! I haven’t changed my diet much in the last few days :confused:
  • kdale2613kdale2613 member
    edited February 2020
    13w 3d-- got lucky this pregnancy and had very mild nausea at the beginning. (With my first it was awful!) However this go round I am just exhausted ALL the time!!!!! And have sciatic pain already. Woo! Let the sleepless nights begin! Breasts have been sore since the get go. And I mean don't even brush up against them or I might cry from pain. 
    Anyone else experience mild cramping too? Its not even close to period cramps. But just enough and constant enough to be suuuper annoying. 
    edited February 2020
    edited February 2020
    Have we talked about super sensitive nipples here yet? They are sensitive in my bras, no bra and a shirt, shirtless, I just  can’t win with my nipples right now. 
    Yes!!!!! I don't remember dealing with them being this sensitive with my first. Or at least not until late third trimester. 
  • Yes @blackgirlmagic! I look cold all.the.time.
  • @blackgirlmagic @rivercitynik Same 🙋🏼‍♀️ sensitive and Sometimes itchy?! 

@kdall070 My breasts have been super sore as well. Especially in the morning when I get out of bed. It’s like they are just milk jug accessories attached to my body now and they HURT! These things are heavy! It’s really the only symptom I have other than being tired All. The. Time. 
  • @charhar0820 Yes, my nipples are sensitive and itchy.  Basically I need to apply lotion immediately after I shower or they itch like crazy.

@kdale2613 I have cramps still, but sometimes it feels like stretching or almost like a heaviness.
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @blackgirlmagic Yes, me too! Anything I wear or if they brush against something. 

@rivercitynik I feel like you can see mine through my bra and I don't even wear a thin bra. 
  • @older1sttime_mom2b I believe that if it's in your genes to get stretch marks, then you are going to get them. And if you don't then you are one lucky lady! I didn't get my stretch marks until the tail end of my pregnancy and I never really lost them. I'm currently using Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks, by Cocoa Butter. I already know I'm going to be a proud owner of "tiger stripes" for the rest of my life, and I'm perfectly fine with that because my body carried and birthed my children. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• @older1sttime_mom2b I’ve had stretch marks my whole life, mostly on my bum and hips. They aren’t crazy but I suspect since I’m having my first baby, I’ll most definitely get more of them. I’ve been applying the Tummy Butter for stretch marks twice a day, just in case. I was also using SOL de Janeiro Brazilian bum bum cream before I got pregnant and Loved the stuff. Smells Devine as well. I did hear that taking A collagen peptide powder has proven to significantly help with stretch marks and even postpartum. I’m no expert, just read some blogs on it. I’ve been meaning to ask my doctor about it as I was also taking a Collagen supplement before I got pregnant but stopped. 
  • Ugh, so many stretch marks. I got a lot with my first and just a few more with my second. I've always had them though. I've had them on my breasts and thighs since pubertyish. They do fade though! 

I wish I'd done more to prevent them. I know "they say" it's genetic, but I'm not sure how much I believe that. Or at least, I tend to think thaf oils/creams/moisturizers will help a little bit, even if it's not 100% preventative. My mom said "oh yes, I got stretch marks."  Two tiny little things 1/4" long! Dude. Seriously. Mom, those are not stretch marks! My one sister had tons all over belly just like I do, but our other sister is just like our mom - none. My mom's sister is just like me, crazy stretch marks all over her belly (and from my mom's description, she has even more than I do, and I have quite a few.) 
  • Not necessarily pregnancy related, but I’ve had chronic vertigo that comes and goes every couple of years since I was a teenager. Last night I was doing yoga at home (nothing crazy, just a short prenatal yoga video) and managed to trigger my vertigo. I sat up from corpse pose and the room started spinning. It was really scary because it felt like I was passing out. DH was out running so I laid on the floor until he got back because I was afraid I’d fall when I stood up. 

I feel better today but I’ve been dizzy and queasy all day. If it lasts more than a couple of days I’ll go see an ENT to try to get some help. 
  • @gomillis I'm sorry about that. Sounds scary! What does an ENT normally do to help with Vertigo? 
  • @riatortillaxo I’m not entirely sure but I’ve read that vertigo is caused by crystals in your inner ear that throw your balance off and that ENTs can do a procedure that maneuvers your head around so the crystals go back where they’re supposed to be. I’ve never actually gotten treatment because it usually resolves on its own but I don’t want to suffer and risk falling while pregnant. 
  • @gomillis Eek that sounds so scary!  Glad you didn't fall!  A coworker of mine was suffering from vertigo and apparently there is some sort of head maneuver that may help?  May be worth a shot googling if it can help at all.  Hope your vertigo doesn't come back!
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @gomillis I suffer from chronic vertigo too, which is usually triggered when I fly but can pop up at other times too. I’ve had the head maneuver performed on me before (just by my family dr) and it worked immediately! When she said it was caused by imbalance crystals in my ears I gave her serious side eye but it turns out she knew what she was talking about :lol: I hope yours goes away!!
  • I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling period like cramps the past couple days. Hoping it's in the realm of normal. I have my next appt Thursday and I'm counting down the days to reassurance!  I'm less nauseous than I was so that's positive. Still tired all the time. 
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • I'm at 15 weeks today and I can't sit or stand quickly anymore without aching and pain in my lower abdomen/crotch area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sarah0985 said:
    Heads up about stretch marks; I didn’t get any stretch marks through my entire pregnancy with my first. I was so excited and thought I was in the clear. 🎉 nope. 2 weeks postpartum tons of stretch marks in my lower belly appeared. So weird. Mine did fade but I was so shocked and really upset about it in the sleep deprived state 
    Mine were sort of similar. Some of the big vertical red "tiger stripes" were apparent during pregnancy, but there were a bunch of tiny horizontal ones higher up that weren't apparent until postpartum. And all of them seemed more noticeable afterward. 
  • Thanks for the info about stretch marks guys! I actually lost over 100 lbs in my late teen years and ended up with major stretch marks literally head to toe.  I guess I was hoping that by some miracle I would be able to avoid new ones somehow! But if it's genetic I'm definitely prone to them.
  • The past 3 days I have felt like baby is trying to claw his way out of my cervix. It is so uncomfortable and I have never felt this with either of my other 2. Also I get this sensation in my low pelvis like a cell phone is down there vibrating, it is so bizarre. Is all this normal or should I call my OB?
  • I would always say call if you are not sure @jwhite3116 because rest assured they've heard it all!  But it's probably fine, just feeling baby very low? 🤷
  • @BusinessWife yes he is very, very low. On our last u/s you could see him pushing against my cervix with his feet and I could absolutely feel it.