Infertility

Hello! A Newbie Introduction (IVF Cycle 1)

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have been anxiously waiting for the moment that The Bump would allow me to add my first post, haha! In the meantime, I quietly lurked and I feel like I learned so much as a result. (Seriously. Thank you to everyone that actively participates in this community - it's so wonderful).

So, a little about me... My husband and I actively tried for three years to conceive naturally. During that time we visited two clinics and completed a round of tests (bloodwork, SHG, HSG, and briefly considered a laparoscopy). Ultimately, our infertility is unexplained, though the doctors think it is tubal factor. The HSG test proved that my tubes weren't blocked at all, but showed that the shape of them (kinking up constantly and going wide to super thin in multiple spots) was likely our reason. It's likely my husband's sperm and my egg just couldn't ever find each other. Unfortunately, no tests exist to prove this theory, but we felt that 5+ years of unprotected sex kinda leaned that way. Knowing that my tubes might be to blame, we chose to skip IUI and go straight to IVF. 

I'm currently in the stim phase of our first cycle. My baseline ultrasound was 01.22 and I'm on day 4 of stims. I go back in tomorrow morning for my first follow up to see how my body has been responding to the Follistim + Menopur. If all goes well, we're looking at an egg retrieval early February. We're doing an all frozen transfer after testing for normalcy, but I think that might put us at a March transfer? Honestly, I'm not sure but we're excited + nervous!
History in Spoiler:

Me: 35     DH: 31
TTC #1 since 2016
Dx: Unexplained Infertility; probable fallopian tube issues
IVF Journey:
ER #1: 02.03.20; 26R/22M/21F/16 sent for PGS Testing
12 Healthy, Frozen Embabies! 8 boys, 4 girls
---IVF Transfer on Hold due to COVID---
Surprise natural pregnancy: 04.2020; miscarried at 8 weeks
FET 1: July 14, 2020 - BFP
Beta #1: 510, Beta #2: 1,475, Beta #3: 8,717

Re: Hello! A Newbie Introduction (IVF Cycle 1)

• @ritadesign - Hi! I am a newbie as well and looks like I am close behind you on schedule. How is everything going for you so far? Have you done your egg retrieval yet? I am nervous about how I will be feeling the next few days after additional days on medication. How were you feeling physically by the end?

My husband and I have tried for two years and after a gambit of testing, we found the issue to be with male infertility. This led us staight into IVF over IUI as well. I am only on day 4 of stims (just like you were on this post!) and just got my results back from the doctor. I need to increase my Gonal dosage to 75 IU and continue with 150 IU of Menopur. Hoping for a late February egg retrieval and a FET in March.
  • @ritadesign and @dreamingofabump very nice to meet you both! I'm also on my first cycle of IVF with a diagnosis of Unexplained Fertility and Low Ovarian Reserve. I've just started my medications (currently on day 3) - using Lueprolide Microdose 10U, Gonal-F/Follistim 150U and Menopur 75U in the morning and the evening. While I don't enjoy doing 6 shots a day, I've just now started to get into the swing of things. I am hoping for a late February egg retrieval and a FET in March as well.

Wishing you both all the luck in the world! Keeping everything crossed! <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness! HIIIII @dreamingofabump and @stickypineapple! Not sure how I missed these posts of yours, but welcome! Let’s see - I had my retrieval on February 3rd (a few days earlier than we anticipated, but hey, that’s cool with me)! The recovery was good. I rested that whole day (slept off the anesthesia, really) and rested the next day too. I could have worked that day, but chose not to. I was slow moving and waddling for about three full days after but by the 4th day it was like we’d done nothing out of the ordinary at all. ☺️

We are currently waiting to hear back about PGS test results... which apparently takes forever. I won’t know anything until next Thursday! Where are you both in your protocols now? Would love to know how you’re doing! 
    History in Spoiler:

Me: 35     DH: 31
    TTC #1 since 2016
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility; probable fallopian tube issues
    IVF Journey:
    ER #1: 02.03.20; 26R/22M/21F/16 sent for PGS Testing
    12 Healthy, Frozen Embabies! 8 boys, 4 girls
    ---IVF Transfer on Hold due to COVID---
    Surprise natural pregnancy: 04.2020; miscarried at 8 weeks
    FET 1: July 14, 2020 - BFP
    Beta #1: 510, Beta #2: 1,475, Beta #3: 8,717

• @ritadesign - good info on the retrieval! I am a little nervous for mine on Sunday. I am planning on going into work in Monday, hopefully I will feel fine. I just posted on the March board so see ya over there! Glad to have someone right on track with me though! :smiley:

@stickypineapple - wow!! 6 shots a day?? You are a soldier!