July 2020 Moms

GTKY - 2/14 <3

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I thought it would be fun to do a love-themed GTKY! So tell us about the first time you/your SO said those three big words: "I love you."

Re: GTKY - 2/14 &lt;3

• Loading the player...
  • H and I got together shortly after high school graduation. I had just gotten out of a long term relationship and wanted tor rally wait to say I love you. I was thinking about saying it at my sisters wedding late that summer. But one morning after a night with drinking with friends we were all sleeping out in the backyard and he said if first thing when he woke up. It was only a month after we started dating. But my friends always joked he had loved me for a real long time throughout high school because he had a crush on me the entire time but I just befriended him the entire time 😅
  • I’ve known him since high school but we were just in different places for years. When we finally stated dating, we went camping for a weekend and I said it as we were falling asleep. Didn’t mean to say it out loud but I did. Oops. He never lets me forget it. Ever. 
  • @rachelredhead I'm pretty sure MH said, "I *think* I'm falling in love with you" too lol I left out the "think" part though b/c it sounded better haha but you're not alone with a cop-out *think* love for the first time!

@mrs_sheddy I love that he had to text to confirm he told you :lol:
  • modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited February 2020
    I was pissed at my husband because he was supposed to be coming over but his dad showed up at his house (unannounced for the weekend) so he told me he was going to spend time with his dad first, and didn't tell me when he would be stopping over. I was >thisclose< to ending it right then and there because I wasn't waiting around for anyone who couldn't even tell me when to expect them. Plus, his dad was basically showing up for the weekend about every damn weekend back then, and never told him until Friday afternoon. So I told him not to bother coming over, we would talk later, because I was done waiting. He hauled ass over and told me he didn't want me to end things because he loved me. I said it back because I meant it. But I also said loving someone didn't mean having them wait around d for you all the time because you refused to set boundaries with your dad. 🤷‍♀️ He set boundaries. Now his dad will call on Tuesdays or Wednesdays to see if we have plans over the weekend before he just makes the trip. Thank god. 
  • We had been dating for a few months I think and I had spent the night at his house. The next morning, we were both laying there and I was kind of still half asleep, and I heard him say "I love you." So I whispered "I love you too" because I couldn't tell if I was awake or not lol. As the day went on and I thought back, I could have sworn that I was not really awake and it was like a half-dream. But then I started internally freaking out that I had said "I love you too" when he had said nothing, like a crazy person. Clearly this was early in the relationship and I still cared if he thought I was nuts. So later that night we were out at a bar or something and I was trying to be sneaky and asked him "so... how do you feel about me?" I kept pestering him and finally he was like "didn't I tell you this morning?" and I was like "Oh ok so you did actually say it! phew." Super romantic.
  • I have no memory of when the first time was.  We initially dated long distance and I'm pretty sure it was in a card.  We wrote cards back and forth for a while.  We have a little mantra we do with each other when we are being nice that started back then. 
  • DH and I are each other’s first relationship and love, so it took a few months to work up the nerve. It was near Valentine’s Day and I remember already trying to figure out what I put in a card because we hadn’t said it yet. Well then I had stayed over at his place and something had happened that had made him upset, I think it was about his grandmother, and I realized how much his sadness made me feel sad. In that moment I realized if I felt this much for him I needed to just say it. So I said it first and then he said it back 
  • I am never the first to say it a relationship because I'm stubborn....

Two months into dating he hives me a Valentine's Day card with big "I love you!" pop up but never said it. So the next month I tell him I love you. He said he was going to say it soon/that night......