July 2020 Moms
Options

20 week anomaly scan question

Hi everyone. I had my 20 week scan, and the sonographer and doctor both said everything is “fine.” I got seriously rushed out. I tried to ask questions but got one word quick answers. I am wondering if anyone has asked for the report from the scan, that the tech gives the doctor. I am thinking of asking for it, as it is my right to have my own results. 

Re: 20 week anomaly scan question

• Options
    You should be able to talk to your OB about it. Was that doctor your regular one or someone else? My 20 week US is at a separate location and we’ll get initial info from a doctor there, but my regular OB usually at least mentions the results at my next appointment. You should be able to ask for a copy of your records but it may or may not make much sense.

It doesn’t sound like a great experience, but honestly I wouldn’t worry about it. If they see something concerning, they definitely would let you know. Otherwise it’s just a ton of different measurements they take.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @treeofcheem thanks. it was my regular Ob, who always rushes us. I am thinking of switching because I never feel comfortable with him. I didnt even find out the baby’s size. I see a measurement listed on the ultrasound pic of 13.3 cm. Is that the crown to rump? Because if so, he would be small for his size at 19.5 weeks. I asked if he was normal size and they just said “yeah.” 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @casey301 they don’t measure crown to rump past 12-13 weeks or so. The 13cm was likely one of the individual body parts that get measured during the anatomy scan.