September 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 2/10

Today DH learned that "pull over I'm gonna hurl" doesn't mean "coast calmly for a while until you find the perfect spot to stop"
DS1 2009
DS2 2010
DS3 2014
DD born 8/24/2020!

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2/10

• Loading the player...
  • @beaandthebabes that’s adorable hahaha

my dog loves to sit on me (ever since she was a baby) and particularly on my stomach of course. I know my uterus is still kind of protected by my pelvis but I still internally freak out when she catches me off guard and plops down on me. I have to move her as fast as I can. She’s like 65 lbs.
  • Trying to set up a sitter for this weeks appt without spilling the beans is proving to be an extreme challenge. We may just have to cave and tell although I really don’t feel ready to. 
  • I have been so sick and it has been really hard to hide my pregnancy from people at work (I work with a bunch of very perceptive therapists) so I elected to tell people after my first appointment.   Today at lunch I told one of my co-workers because he walked in on a conversation.  His response "you're announcing that too early.  you need to wait until 12 weeks"  ummmmm thanks.  
  • @angbaby83 Mega eyeroll to your coworker!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @angbaby83 We will definitely need the "Crap people say" thread because people lose all filters when it comes to pregnant people. Not looking forward to that part.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • I haven’t told most people yet just to try to avoid the “crap people say” 
    @angbaby83 That was so rude of him to say! I can’t believe some people. 

should we start the sex thread?? I don’t know if anyone has gotten their NIPT done yet? 
  • I feel so old right now. We did 5+ hours of driving in a car with piss poor lumbar support, and then 3 of us slept in MILs bed which isn't even a queen. So now my back is aching terribly.
    Also, next time we go to my ILs I'm bringing my air mattress. I wanted to bring it this time and MIL convinced H that it was okay without it. Nope. Sleeping on the floor on an air mattress is better than a small bed especially because DS likes to move all over in his sleep
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • edited February 2020
    When you have a throbbing headache from getting inconsistent sleep (thanks dog) and only have ibuprofen in the house 😅🙃 hopefully H can get me some tylenol on his way home from work. 
  • Everyone keeps telling me how different in my face I look. I say “oh so I really do look that bad” and they always say “not bad just different” 

• Ugh @greyl I’ve had soooo many of those. Hope you got some Tylenol! 
  • @robinj716 What on earth do they thing is different with your face this early? Mine is covered in pregnancy acne and if someone pointed that out to me it would be a toss up on if I cried or tore them apart.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @robinj716 What kind of comment is that? People can be so annoying when you're pregnant. Why do they always feel the need to always comment on our looks? It's like yes, we know our bodies are changing. We don't need you to point out every detail.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Louise_Belcher omg the pregnancy acne! I remember this with my last baby but I was hoping in my mid 30s it wouldn't be so severe
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • Mine is really bad this pregnancy and I’ve never dealt with it in my other pregnancies, not our son or daughters, so I can’t say it must be a certain sex or anything! 
  • @dontcallmeshirley1 Right! I was hoping I would get out of the awful acne this time. But nope. It’s even on my back, chest, and on my scalp in my hair. 👎🏻 The newest topical prescription from the derm is starting to dry up some of the mess on my face. Thank goodness. @chasingroygbiv That sucks you didn’t get to skip that part this time too. It is the shitty cherry on top of generally not feeling cute during 1st tri. Where is this glowing they talk about?!?
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Had one of my coworkers ask if I’m pregnant today. She noticed I’ve been avoiding carrying/lifting heavy things. I am so bad at lying so I neither confirmed nor denied but I was definitely awkward about it: she’s a mom so I figured it was about time someone noticed. I don’t really care who finds out at this point. I’m sure people talk. 
  • @greyl Whoa! That is bold coming straight out and asking. I would be horrible at lying if I had been asked directly. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @louise_belcher yeah, I was surprised she just came out and asked lol! Not the first time someone did but the other person doesn’t work there anymore. I work at a restaurant so most of the time people don’t know how to be professional. 
  • @greyl That’s crazy she picked up on that! Morning sickness or cravings are obvious, but not lifting... I wouldn’t probably notice that! We had a family get together this weekend and last week my belly officially popped and I’m almost certain I have a couple people wondering. I tried to suck it in, but I’m pretty sure I forgot at times.  :#  
  • @chasingroygbiv right?? I think it’s because I’ve had to ask other people to help me or i fill things up half way to make them lighter. & I’ve been still mostly bloat right now but I definitely gave up on trying to suck it in so I’m with you on that 
  • I feel like it's going to be a race to put on some weight when the nausea finally subsides. I'm eating more now, but I'm still down 2 lbs from conception because I'm still not eating enough. And I know if I get cholestasis again that it makes me super sick. I think I only gained 3-5 lbs in my last trimester with DS (and that was basically all him).
    I never thought that I'd be glad to be a plus size momma, but this situation makes me appreciate that I have a little extra fat to spare.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I have started to try to plan out my stockpile of diapers for the next baby and it is making me miss Babies R Us. They had a kick-ass diaper sale on Black Friday (less than $12 for a giant box) and I could get a year of diapers for $150. Disposable users, what are your go to deals for diapers?

@mflowers929 Oof! I found all the weight you lost. lol I am hoping to keep total weight gain at about 35lbs, but I have been gaining steadily because I am doing nothing but eating and laying down. I need nausea to wain and warmer weather to occur so I can get outside. Like the giant excel loving nerd I am, I have tables and graphs for tracking my weight for all of my pregnancies and comparing them and very mildly attempting to keep my gain below the max recommended. This week didn't make it below that threshold.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @greyl I’ve had two people at work straight up ask me (one joking one very serious). It was so awkward. Luckily since they all know I was hospitalized with GI stuff, I think they’ve all started assuming any weird behaviors or whatnot were related to illness, but I think I’ll end up telling work folks before I planned anyway. 

@mflowers929 and @Louise_Belcher I am also more worried about gaining too much weight. I thought the nausea would help curb it, but I went from low carb diet with intermittent fasting, to all the carbs ever two hours so I don’t get sick. My husband jokes I’m a hobbit now and if I don’t get in both second breakfast and elevensies, it won’t be good. 
  • @notagoodpatient Right! I always thought nausea equaled not eating instead of meaning I would eat literally all of the junk I could possibly find and steer clear of lean proteins entirely.  :| Also I have never been a breakfast eater, but now I have to eat breakfast at home and have a snack at work and then eat lunch early. 

I wore a fitted dress to work today and hello bump! Thank goodness I told work last week because this is not hidden well. I mean maybe they would just think I have been hitting the snacks hard, but yikes. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher For disposable diapers and wipes I've started using Costco. Their everyday prices are good on diapers. Also, online periodically they have deals on their baby products. I find that their prices are better than Amazon sometimes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I will definitely be pricing them out there! We are getting our first Costco in the area very soon. I will probably price out Target, Sam's Club, Walmart, and Aldi too. I hate throwing scads of money at a poop holder.  :D
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @Louise_Belcher When we use disposables we like the Aldi ones but I usually get my wipes at Target.