Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday 2/20

Let's hear those unpopular opinions!

Re: UO Thursday 2/20

• Loading the player...
  • Icebox cake is better than most cake. 
  • @emeraldduchess TikTok scares me. I agree that kids today largely do not understand internet safety, and lack the brain development to truly comprehend long-term consequences. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @legallykate same, girl, same. Her music generally sounds scary....like in a disturbed way... to me and the cover art on her album doesn’t help. Lol. 
    @emeraldduchess I‘ve seen a couple concerning news headlines about this tiktok thing - I don’t know too much about but generically these things always concern me as someone who’s studied cybersecurity. 
  • @mvt2003 they really don't understand it. The internet is forever and there are some really dark, twisted people and places on the web. So many of them have being an influencer as their number one goal and so much of their self-worth is wrapped up in how many likes/shares/subscribers they have. 
  • krystrist2014krystrist2014 member
    edited February 2020
    My UO: I dislike the Boston/stereotypical new Englander accent. I feel bad because it’s not an easily changeable thing..... but I just don’t like it compared to other American accents. There’s a woman who just got moved a few cubes from me who has the accent so that’s why it’s on my mind. 

ETA: I think it’s really just the dropping of the R that I cringe at. I know not all new Englanders drop then though. 
  • @krystrist2014 :D Maybe a UO... I dislike the southern accent I have acquired while living in the south! I used to have a bit of a "New Englander" accent, but I have lost it and now sound southern. When I was visiting VT I got so much crap for it! 
  • @mvt2003 haha! I think in the context of drinking the accent would be fun! Lol. I don’t know why I don’t like it in real life though..... I have zero issues with it in movies. The Departed is literally one of my favorite movies of all time. Haha. I honestly can’t imagine having to work hard to be conscious of an accent and suppressing it. In a way it kind of sucks that people feel they have to do that. Like I would never say anything to make anyone feel bad about their accent despite my own feelings about it. 
    @bserena I LOVE southern accents! Lol. I’m not from the south (grew up in California) but I live in FL now and while not everyone here has a southern accent, I do love hearing the ones who do! Lol. 
  • @mvt2003 🤣🤣🤣 BUT, did you like The Departed?!?
  • @krystrist2014 I will admit - I have never actually watched The Departed! Boston movies are hard for me - I only watched Black Mass because MH wanted to, and quickly regretted! :D 

• @krystrist2014 I have an online friend who has a Boston accent, and I think it’s soo cute when she talks!  It is a strong accent though, so I could see how it gets annoying. 

I have a super strong country accent, especially when I’m comfortable. Every recording I hear of myself is so cringy. 😂 

• @emeraldduchess I hear you on the TikTok thing. I have strolled the for you page several times and while some of the videos are cute, a lot of it is super inappropriate. Lots of horny teenagers, and weird adults imo. 😬 Every time I hear a young kid say how into it they are, or they want to go viral, I cringe. I can’t imagine what it’s like for you in a a school setting. 
  • @mvt2003 but but but..... I feel like you should give it a shot. Lol. It’s so good! Plus..... Leo....

and also all the other amazing actors Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg....
  • @krystrist2014 Maybe one of these days I'll give it a go. I was born and spent the first 18 years of my life in South Boston, so the Whitey stuff has always been something I've been fairly against consuming. 

• @emeraldduchess I feel you on the tiktok thing and there are a few reasons for this -
    1) internet safety is a thing that a lot of kids and teens don't care about
    2) the number of people on there making videos that are spreading medical misinformation to kids and teens is ridiculous
    3) have you SEEN any of the home piercing or tattooing videos on there? It's disturbing
    4) there's a huge pro-self harm and proana community on there that throws me right back to tumblr days and it's sickening

UO I'm actually kind of sad I don't really have a discernable accent. I grew up in the midwest and while I definitely have some colloquialisms that I've picked up over the years I never lived in one specific place here long enough for an accent to stick. 
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @ashaislurking Ope FTW!  :D

I did learn that one way I talk (not necessarily an accent) is specific to the southwest area. I lived in Phoenix for 6 or 7 years from the ages of about 6 to 13. I can't remember exactly what it is though.

DH and his family, to this day, tease me over how I say the words green pepper and hash browns (there might be others). Apparently I emphasize the wrong word. It's HASH browns, not hash BROWNS. It really gets on my nerves sometimes because it's not a little "it's funny that you sound different", it's "you speak incorrectly". Like ask if the way someone pronounces something can be right or wrong. Same with the words bag, tag, wagon, etc. I use the short a sound, "ah", while they do the long a sound, "aye". So bah-g vs bay-g.

I need to find the right words to shut them up about this. Maybe "stop being so close-minded about how people speak. They're called accents and dialects for a reason and there is no wrong way to say something"?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ashaislurking I refuse to use that app, so I haven't seen any of those videos. They sound incredibly disturbing. I don't know if my students are watching those, but they are CONSTANTLY doing the dances. I wish they'd put their time and effort into other things. 
  • @wishiwaspreggo Dorit’s accent drives me insane!

I also hate tiktok my clients are obsessed and the amount of self harm and pro ED content on there is disturbing. 

I play up my Minnesotan accent (Fargo and Sarah Palin combined) it isn’t as strong as that but I can play it up when I want to haha. 

My UO I’m pro screen time for kids. There are so many awesome apps and things that are helpful tools for kids and I think not having them introduced to it can be more difficult when they eventually gain access. Rather I’d rather have kids learn early about safe use. 
  • I have friends from the bump from years ago that I'm still in touch with (from all over the US and Canada) and they all get a major kick out of my pretty severe NY (Brooklyn/Long Island) accent  :D
  • @inthewoods23 "ope, 'scuse me, just gonna -sneak- past ya" 😂😂 that's definitely a northern midwest thing but I'm definitely guilty at times.
    @emeraldduchess I don't use tiktok personally either but I do follow several YouTubers who cover tiktok content and use it to educate people on their platforms.
    @allthingscozy I'm also pro screen time for kids. It's important that they learn about using technology in safe and productive way , especially in today's society.
    TTC History- *TW* LC
    Me: 24 Dh: 46
    Married: 10.2018
    DS #1: 06.2014
    Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
    MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
    Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
    HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
    NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
    TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
    BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

• @bserena omg I have also acquired a southern accent since moving to the south...I moved here from AZ when I was 14 and all of my AZ friends make fun of me now when they hear me talk. 😂 I don’t think I really had it bad until I married my redneck husband, and spent a lot of time with his family and a lot of my coworkers are also super southern so now I’ve unintentionally picked it up. Especially the expressions! It doesn’t bother me when other people have accents but sometimes I roll my eyes at myself when certain things come out of my mouth, lol! 
  • @krystrist2014. My mother grew up around Boston, but has lived in the south for 35 years. She is a K teacher and actually has a different teacher teach her kids the AR words (park, car, bar, etc).  The combination of growing up in South and having Boston parents apparently gives me an Ohio accent.  Not sure about that!  But now in GA, the southern is coming out stronger.  
  • @kitkatz1990 I first moved to Atlanta from VT and it wasn't too bad, probably because the southern accents weren't too strong in the city, but now that I am living in West TN it has gotten so bad!! It doesn't bother me on other people either but I too cringe when I say certain things  :D 
  • UO - I hate urban areas because sometimes the intersections with lights are so close together you don't realize until the last second that the lights you were looking at are for the intersection beyond you.. I nearly ran a red light because I almost didn't see the ones for the intersection. We have a number of areas that don't have the overhead light so it's really difficult to navigate safely at times!

Cue crazy sound of anti-lock brakes lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • *lurking* @inthewoods23 OMG I thought I was the only one who has that problem! I have blown through so many red lights because I'm looking at the second set of lights which are green. It's especially bad in downtown Seattle (Pioneer Square area) where the street lights are on a vertical pole on the corner instead of a horizontal pole across the intersection.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @babyodo yep! That's exactly what I had. 2 lights on both sides of the street in the corners. This particular road had another 2 lights or so before a larger intersection that did have an overhead light. AND all those intersections had green lights so I was caught off guard when I noticed the upcoming intersection was red.

Of course I love the area otherwise lol. Downtown actually isn't too bad, it's those urban housing areas outside downtown that these lights are always an issue for me. It could also be that I'm almost never in this area unless I'm meeting DH for lunch by his work so I'm just not used to where the streetlights are.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause