Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 2.17

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage, selective termination due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: Did your Valentine’s Day plans go to plan? Do you avoid celebrating it?

Re: TTCAL w/o 2.17

• here i thought i was behind for the week because i needed a few days break from anything TTC related!!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. MMC in December

Status: i think today is O day so fingers crossed we got our timing right!

How are things going? it feels very weird to be back in this now.  i am SO grateful but it feels awkward and i feel like a ball of nerves already and trying to manage my expectations.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? i have a terrible social media habit and over the weekend i saw like back to back announcement posts that completely derailed my long weekend.  i took two days off from lurking there which was a helpful quick reset.

What is going well for you this week? been on a really good workout schedule over the past week--been making time to attend some classes and it feels good to start to get back on track.

R/R? i am super responsive on work emails and for some reason this week no one else is!  driving me nuts waiting for answers on things.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? since we are officially entering TWW territory i will hold out for at least that before testing.

GTKY: Did your Valentine’s Day plans go to plan? Do you avoid celebrating it? we went out for a casual dinner and it was really nice!  nothing crazy and just what we needed

• edited February 2020

How are things going? Okay. I’ve been feeling better, and really not trying to focus on the loss or ttc. (besides being here of course)

What is something that you are struggling with this week? Just feeling stagnant. In my mind I feel like I should be making progress towards my life endgame. TTC and loss, and other things have just made me feel like I’m not in control of my life right now. It’s stressing me out. 

What is going well for you this week? I’m so blessed to have a wonderful best friend. She’s been super supportive of everything. She’s just wonderful.

R/R? Not a whole lot going on for me this week. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. 

GTKY: Did your Valentine’s Day plans go to plan? Do you avoid celebrating it? Yep, we didn’t plan much because I worked late. But I got home to flowers, candy and dinner cooked by DH and it was great. We aren’t big Valentine’s Day people, so it was nice that DH put a little effort into making it nice for me this year. 

@asf0613 I hope you had good timing! I’m sorry that everything is feeling weird ttc right now. I feel you. It feels weird for me to still be posting on TB while not actively ttc, and I haven’t dared look at my old BMB or anything. I would say that I am a pretty strong person and it doesn’t feel like myself to be triggered by so many things right now. I’m sure you’re feeling a lot of that too so *creepy internet hugs*. Good for you for getting back to the gym. I’m envying your motivation right now. 

• Loading the player...
  • @photographerwife I hear you on being stressed out by things beyond your control. That's exactly how I feel a lot of the time. *hugs*

@asf0613 I saw a twin announcement last week (same day as my BFN, no less) and it put me over the edge. I hate that it makes me feel that way, but I can't help it. Hugs to you too. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Early miscarriage at 5 weeks December '18, CP July '19

How are things going? Ok. DH is finally starting to accept that if this IUI doesn't work, we need to move on to IVF.

What is something that you are struggling with this week? My next empty due date is just a few weeks away and still no rainbow in sight. This sucks and I am so tired of people's comments about "it'll happen when it's meant to". 

What is going well for you this week? I am on winter break, so it has been nice to be able to really enjoy my morning cup of tea and to catch up on my knitting. Wow, I sound like my grandmother right now. 

R/R? Still have to hide social media posts of other people's kids. My mom told me I need to start looking and "liking" the photos because people will get offended if I don't.  Yeah, ok. I'll get right on that...

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. Everything looked good on my CD3 scan, now I go back in on Sunday and wait for the green light to trigger. 

GTKY: Did your Valentine’s Day plans go to plan? Do you avoid celebrating it? We just went to the gym and got takeout. We had to get up early the next morning for my CD3 monitoring appointment, so it was an early night.  DH did get me roses, and I got SO much chocolate from my students. 

• @emeraldduchess i cannot imagine the feeling of your upcoming empty due date.  on a much smaller scale, today is the day i would've had my anatomy scan and found out gender and that is crushing in and of itself.  i hope you and DH find a great way to spend the day that takes your mind off it.  And i agree with you, the cliched responses some people give to the struggle are often well intentioned but are never as comforting as they (or we) wish they would be.  fingers crossed about getting green light for the trigger!

@photographerwife i 1000000% relate to your comment about making progress toward life goals and about being a generally strong person.  its the best way i find to describe how i feel to family/friends, especially when i see people my age that i graduated with announcing all over FB.  those posts get to me more than those who are older than me and announcing because they are on my in the same time in their lifestage as me. which feels terrible even saying because i wish i could be super happy for anyone who has success, but i guess TTCAL brain has no sense of reason  :#  also, i tried to look at my BMB like twice after my loss and each time i had a different reaction.  the first time i was like, wow i am as strong as i thought i would be and was so proud.  and the second time i think i was in the wrong mindset to have any business looking there so it didnt go as well

big stranger internet group hug to you both today!