Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Possible Blighted Ovum, any hope?

Trying to prepare myself.  We went through infertility for over two years and unexpectedly found out we were pregnant after being told we would not be able to conceive again naturally.  My HCG numbers were doubling in less than 48 hours, and I was told to go in for an early ultrasound.  Two weeks ago baby was measuring 5w5days, but only saw a gestational sac.  Went in yesterday (2 weeks later).  Still only a gestational sac was observed and measuring only 6w3days (should have been 7w 5 days).  I do have a tilted uterus and have heard that this can effect visibility in early ultrasounds.  Has anyone been through something similar?  Should I hold out hope or accept the inevitable?  I am going to go for blood draws, but unfortunately am traveling for a week.

Our Journey:
DS born 05/14
Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
DS born 12/16
HPT+ 1/12/20

Re: Possible Blighted Ovum, any hope?

• Unfortunately it does not sound good for your situation.  I am sorry.  With your baby only growing less than one week size-wise and it should've grown 2 weeks, you should probably prepare for the worse.  However, at least the blood draws should let you know if it is doubling every 48 hours as it is supposed to, or if it is only incrementally increasing or even dropping and you should know after the results of the second blood draw if you should hold on to hope or not.
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • I just went in for a 10 week u/s and no fetal heart tones, measuring at 6 wks 1 day from crown to rump (0.46 cm) and yet my body still thinks I’m pregnant.  It was such a shock.  It’s so hard to be in limbo.  At least if there is fetal loss you’re catching it sooner than me.  I went a whole extra month buying baby clothes and maternity clothes and prepping to share the good news.  Not sure which ones harder.... knowing there may be a problem or not.  I haven’t miscarried yet but the bleeding and cramping has started and I feel less Pregnancy symptoms.  This is hard!  I hope for good news for you but wanted to share what I’m going through right now 
  • Loading the player...
  • @macandksa I am so sorry for what you are going through.  This is a rough to boat to be in for sure.  Although there were an extra few weeks of worry, I think knowing did help.   I started miscarrying a few days ago (around 9 weeks)--at least I'm pretty sure I am. And so far am processing this loss better than my previous 3, which all happened around 4-5 weeks.   I go for blood draws this week to confirm the loss as I was away on travel.   I had severe cramping and heavy blood loss with my previous misses.  This time no cramping and very little blood loss.  My body still thinks 'm pregnant too, which is what made everything so confusing.  I feel a slight decrease in symptoms since the bleeding started, but they are still there.  Wishing you all the best!

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20