Baby Names
Options

What do you think of the name Jupiter?

edited February 2020 in Baby Names
I know it’s unusual but I love it! My partner and I are very unconventional and I don’t think it’s that crazy though I know a lot of my family will hate it since they all have normal biblical names. 

Re: What do you think of the name Jupiter?

• Options
    I don't like it at all
  • Options
    No. Do not do that to your child. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it’s unusual but I love it! My partner and I are very unconventional and I don’t think it’s that crazy though I know a lot of my family will hate it since they all have normal biblical names. 
    Seriously? Why would you do that to your child? 
  • Options
    there is some wiggle room between biblical name and planetary name. I'd probably pick something in between the two extremes to give your child's future resume a chance. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Options
    If you’re leaning toward an astronomical name Aurora, Celeste, Stella, Nova. Jupiter is taking it a bit far.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Way too out there for me. 
  • Options
    At least it's not Uranus? 

But in all seriousness, I agree with previous posters. I like the idea of a slightly more traditional astronomical name. Adding Luna, Portia (actually a moon of Uranus), Leo (the constellation), or Lyra (constellation)  
  • Options
    I personally don’t like it, but I also don’t think it’s a bad name. My four year old is obsessed with the movie walking with dinosaurs and one of the characters is named Juniper so that is my only real association with it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lelkcotlelkcot member
    edited February 2020
    Since you asked for input, I'd encourage you not to do that to your child. As the other ladies have said, if you want a celestial name, these are many that are less over-the-top than Jupiter. Just to add to the list: Estella, Dawn, Larissa (moon of Neptune).
  • Options
    dislike
  • Options
    @brose1117 Juniper is a very different name from Jupiter.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @meggyme haha you’re right 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I totally misread! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nope.
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    If you like the sound of it then maybe consider Juniper? 
  • Options
    It rhymes with stupider. 👎🏻👎🏻
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I actually like it! For a girl or boy? Mercury and Horizon are on our list for a boy and we’ve been looking through celestial names for both genders (I know the gender but he wants to be surprised). There’s lots of good planetary names out there. However, based off of the reaction you’ve already received here, I wouldn’t share the name with others until you actually have the baby and people can attach a human to it. It makes a unique name more palatable. As far as how it will affect the baby’s future? It’s unlikely to. I work in a variety of different schools and this generation of kids is comprised of so many “unique” names that nothing really stands out as over the top anymore. The baby will fit in with its peers no matter what you name it and it will be unlikely that will prevent it from getting a job or a career that it loves. If you love it, then the child will love it! But be prepared, as someone posted it does rhyme with “stupider” and it won’t take long for some mean spirited kid to come up with that. But every name has its pitfalls 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Options
    Hey mama! Not sure if you’re still checking this board but I like the name and also agree with another poster that Juniper is very similar and beautiful too! I know you asked for opinions on here but I’m sorry some of the responses weren’t friendly! Good luck!
  • Options
    girlmama83girlmama83 member
    edited May 2020
    No. People, when naming your children please think of their future, not just as a cute little baby. Jupiter is going to want to date some day, get a professional job, etc. Think of the bigger picture.

Kids are also mean and all I can think of is a song from school “he goes to Jupiter to get more stupider.”
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3