September 2020 Moms

STM+ February Check-In

I figured I would get this started for all of our STM+ :)

EDD/Weeks + Days: 

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react?

Any questions/concerns?

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc?
DD born 6/21/2018
DS born 9/24/2020

Re: STM+ February Check-In

• Loading the player...
  • @beaandthebabes yes to not being able to pick up DS! I also lay down with him in his bed, but it's on the floor and I know that I won't be able to do that. I foresee a lot of cuddles on the couch. Luckily dad can take the first 3 weeks off and my parents will be here too so that will take some of the pressure off of me, but there are times when he just wants Momma
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @robyn2201 When in April is Wyatt's birthday? My youngest is 9 months as well and turns one on 4/18  :)
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 7 weeks, 2 days

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS is (almost) 7 and DD is 4.

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react? We haven't told them yet. We are waiting until after the first dr appointment. They've been asking about "getting a baby" so I know they are going to be super excited. I need to think of a fun way to tell them.

Any questions/concerns? My first dr. appointment is next week and I'm holding my breath for a strong little heartbeat.

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc?  About the same. I've been lucky to have no morning sickness in my pregnancies. Time is moving slowly just like my other pregnancies. I thought I would have developed more chill by now. But apparently not.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 7wks+

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 3yo and 14 month boys

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react? I told my 3 year old and he was happy. I asked if he wanted a boy or a girl and he said both! 😬

Any questions/concerns? Same, very anxious to transition to 2+kids.

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc? I am so sick this pregnancy. I've actually lost about 5lb since my bfp. It's awful too because my stomach will be growling but I know if I eat it will be coming right back up.
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 9w + 2d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DD just turned 2

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react? Not yet. Going to tell her next Saturday and the rest of the family next Sunday. I doubt she’ll fully understand but I’m sure she’ll talk about baby all the time because she just *loves* one of the babies at daycare and named her babydoll after that little baby. 

Any questions/concerns? I’m not concerned about having 2 when it comes to day to day adjustments but I do travel a lot for work/ work odd hours and we don’t have a lot of family close by. I’m nervous that it’s going to put a strain on me and DH even though we are a really awesome team. 

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc? I had a unicorn pregnancy last time and by normal standards this one has been pretty tame so far. However the nausea/bloat and then sudden starving feeling has been more noticeable this time. I’m also more chill about waiting to announce our pregnancy and not nearly as stressed out about parents reactions compared to last time. 
  • @cabearit His birthday is April 13th! He was a month early and I participated on the May 19 board. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @robyn2201 Oh, rock on! W came only a week early for me, so I was on the April 19 board :) 
    Me: 36, H: 37 | Married: 10/15/16 | DS#1: 7/18/04 | DS#2: 4/18/19
    BFP: 1/26/20 | EDD: 9/20/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In past pregnancies have any of you accidentally been scheduled for your nuchal scan before 11 weeks and them be able to see what’s needed? I just realized I’ll be 10+6 and I know they’re quite firm on 11- 13+6, so I don’t know if one day too soon is going to be ok or not. I did call yesterday, but unfortunately they didn’t call back so now I won’t hear until Monday and our appt was supposed to be Tuesday (and it’s out of town). Still trying to figure out childcare, so.. yikes! 

Also.... do any of you have kids sharing a room? We are watching the market, but not much is out there and our current home is 4 bed, we could technically use 5. Our oldest sharing is not an option, he’s much older than the others and a boy. ;) The middle and younger are 4 years apart and the younger and youngest will be 2 years apart. Honestly not sure who would be best to put together?....
  • @chasingroygbiv We will have two start sharing a room in the next couple of months. They are 4 and almost 3. I’m nervous about how it will effect sleep.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @macheno You're in PGH now, right? Check out New Mom's Coffee at Kids Plus Pediatrics (there are three locations that have it) It is so much more than a mom's group; it's a surrogate family. We've had coffee moms we don't even know come pick us up ands drive us 20 minutes out of their way when our car broke down and watch our dog when we've travelled. We don't have family here either, and it's been great to connect especially during the newborn period when everything is strange.

@beaandthebabes I had to ask DH two weeks ago if my nausea ever stopped with my last pregnancy because I remember it lasting at least into the 2nd trimester. He reminded me that as soon as it went away, the nonstop heartburn started, so that's why I never remember getting a break with how I felt

@starlynn91 I have Chronic Fatigue, so I never get that energy back until months after birth! The exertion of just being pregnant wipes me out the whole time

@dontcallmeshirley1 This one has been easier than my last. It's still bad, but not quite

@chasingroygbiv we will have both kiddos sharing a room once the new one is ready to leave our room. The idea of a 6 month old and a 2 1/2 year old (who as of now is still a noisy go to sleeper) does not thrill me though

EDD/Weeks + Days: Sep 15 /8w 3d

How old is/are your other kid(s)? 22 mo

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react? yeah, we talk about it but he's too little to get it

Any questions/concerns? Has anyone chosen an amnio or cvs? Our 22 mo (and probably my husband) has a genetic condition, so I'm considering doing one of them this time because the risk is really low at this hospital, so that tipped the scales from waiting until they could do a blood test after birth

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc? I'm super chill this time. I think having one already has made me relax, plus I'm super busy keeping up with all of his stuff. We just added 3 new Early Intervention therapists!
  • @chasingroygbiv my 3 year old and 1 year old share a room. I was super nervous at first but the transition was so easy and they love it. I'm almost contemplating adding this new lo to the room eventually too...I know it's not conventional to put more than 2 kids in a room but they have a huge play room so the bedroom is literally just beds and dressers. 
  • @chasingroygbiv all 3 of my kids share a room. DS (6) was supposed to have his own room, but went crazy when the opportunity came - he didn’t want to be alone. So we have a 6, 5 and 2.5 year old all in 1 room. The baby will be in its own room around 4 months, and eventually I’ll transition DS in there as well (that boy can sleep through anything, so I’m not too worried). 

My kids do really well sleeping in the same room. The 2.5 yo cries some nights but the bugs just sleep right through it. My 5yo has occasional nightmares (maybe once a month) and wakes up SCREAMING. Shockingly she’s never woken the other two. So I think it works really well for us!
  • @chasingroygbiv We live in a very very expensive area and can't afford to have enough rooms for all the kids! All three of my kids share one room. We're going to upgrade to a 3 bedroom when the baby is here, so it'll be two to a room.  
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • @dontcallmeshirley1 I’m glad there are other families with 3 siblings sharing a room. We also live in a HCOL area and currently in a 2 bedroom. Our girls currently share and baby is with us. We have already started talking about moving baby to a crib with the girls before new baby arrives. My school loans will be paid off next year and the plan is to move to a three bedroom then. It’s just crazy the price difference between a 2 and 3 bedroom. 
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• @pghren Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll have to look into it. I'm definitely going to need to find some other moms to bond with.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @robyn2201 Our rent will go up over $1000 a month to get a 3 bedroom  :|  And we're paying around $3400 now for two! I miss Texas lol
    DS1 2009
    DS2 2010
    DS3 2014
    DD born 8/24/2020!
  • *suddenly feeling very glad for my $800/mo 2 bedroom apartment*
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 omg I want your rent lol.

When I was a resident my little apartment (like 500sf) was $1350 and I thought that was good lol. 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @linz36 we live in a pretty low cost of living area. We're also the poorest province so *shrug*. We actually moved here from a 2 bedroom where we only paid $650, but the landlord stopped paying the bills so it was repossessed.
    Lots of people have been moving here lately from other provinces because of the low cost of living, but unfortunately the job market is pretty shitty so it makes it difficult to live unless you're retired or work from home.
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @linz36 Oof! That rent is rough. That 3-bedroom price would cover our mortgage, insurance, and taxes for over 5 months for our 3 bedroom home. HCOL is tough.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Yikes!!! We own our home, we pay less than half of your rent, a month, for a 4 bed 2 1/2 bath.  :o 
  • Okay, I have a question - what do you do about older children who want to bounce on your belly? Lol
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • @mflowers929 Currently not much, but my kids are older this time so it happens less than last time. The last time the farther along the more it hurt me so the more DS1 got in trouble for it, but he was only 20mo and didn’t register what was happening. After having a version done to flip my last baby it is hard to imagine a toddler could do much damage. If two full grown adults can wrench on my stomach in tandem until turning red faced and sweating and leaving my belly covered in bruising I think a toddler flop is unlikely to be too much of a problem. So I try not to worry about it much. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • That’s good to know because I was wondering the same thing! DS likes to sit on my stomach and I’m only 8w 5d but it already feels uncomfortable to have any extra pressure there 🤦🏻‍♀️ so I try to just move him off my belly or sit him next to me but as I’m sure you all know 18 months is a wild unpredictable age and sometimes mommy is a jungle gym 😂
  • @momofmiracles31889 Oh yeah! DS1 turned 1 the week I got pregnant with DS2 and during that pregnancy if I laid on the couch he came running to crawl all over me. Even having a cat lay on my stomach right now hurts too much and I make them move.
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: Sept 14/ 10+4

How old is/are your other kid(s)? DS1: almost 4, DS2: 20 months

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react?
    My oldest is excited about being a “double big brother” the youngest has no clue but he’s going to be madddd when he figures it out. 

Any questions/concerns? Looking forward to the ultrasound next week. I don’t really feel pregnant.. other than being more hungry, so I feel like that is slightly concerning. 

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc? Different in that I feel like I don’t have many symptoms to speak of. When I first wake up I’m slightly nauseous but as soon as I eat I’m fine. Feelings wise, happy but nervous because I had a hard time going from 1 to 2 so I’m wondering how 3 is going to be. 
  • EDD/Weeks + Days: 9/20 I don’t keep track of weeks/days haha

How old is/are your other kid(s)?  DD turned 2 in Dec. 

Have you told your kid(s) yet - how did they react? Yes, but she doesn’t understand

Any questions/concerns? Just kinda dreading going through the newborn phase with a toddler. As others have said it just got (slightly) easier. What have I done? Haha

GTKY: How has this pregnancy been the same and/or different from your other(s) so far - symptoms, excitement, feelings, etc?

Pretty similar. I am lucky to not have many symptoms. I am more bloated and tired this time. Insomnia like last time.