All group ticker change- February 16

EDD/weeks+days:

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: All group ticker change- February 16

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/1, 25 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink 

Baby is the size of a(n): cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: not until 28w

How are you feeling? Just so so so tired already 

Raves/Rants: my 14 month old is going to be the death of me. He doesn't stop and I'm exhausted. Why is daycare closed on presidents day? 

Questions: not right now 

Work is insisting on having one, probably in April, but I personally don't like having a second shower or "sprinkle". 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 23 weeks 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: midwife appt end of the month 

How are you feeling? My second trimester good feelings are going away. I’m exhausted again, peeing all the time and feel like I’m slowing down.

Raves/Rants: I’m so over commuting and can’t believe I have 3.5 more months of it. Might see if I can start working from home twice a week instead of once.

Questions: Anyone else starting to get a bit freaked out about adding another (or a first) baby into your life?

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? I don’t think so. They’ve only become a thing here recently. I had one with DD but I think a second one would be too much for them ahah. BUT my friend who threw mine is pregnant with her second and due in August (I threw hers with her first) so might  arrange a casual pre baby brunch party with her! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/21, 22+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut

Upcoming appointments: Next week OB check up and Fetal Echo

How are you feeling? Physically I feel fine, just very tired. But emotionally I am a big ball of anxiety. PGAL fears are back in full force. I'm hoping everything looks good next week and maybe I can relax a little. 

Raves/Rants: It sucks I have to work today. Whole company is off but my dept has to work cause tech support has to be available. Boo. But the company bought us lunch to make up for it, but I am remote so I don't get it. Double boo!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? My mom is throwing me a small one probably in early May. My DS is almost 6 so it has been several years, and due to some circumstances beyond my control all my baby stuff from him except for clothes is gone. But I felt like I really didn't want it to be all about gifts. So I have been buying all the major things myself. It's mostly to celebrate this pregnancy finally happening (over 4 years, 2 losses and IVF) and im imagining mostly just girl clothes since this is a girl. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 22+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut 

Upcoming appointments: 2 more weeks, I think 

How are you feeling? Tired. Baby is head butting me in the cervix all the time and DS is running me ragged. 

Raves/Rants: we officially moved into our new house! We took DS to say “ba ba” to his old room yesterday and I sobbed like a baby, so many long nights spent in that room. So many memories but I’m so happy to be in our new space. Change has been really tough on DS and impacting his sleep big time so I’m glad we did it a few months before his brother is here. 

Questions: any summertime must haves with a baby? DS was a November baby so we basically lived inside in fleece sleepers. 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Also not a fan of second baby showers or sprinkles, so nope! For DS, my work did a huge diaper party for me, and I didn’t have to buy diapers until 6 months and I just bought it first pack of wipes (he’s 15 months). It was amazing! 
  • Options
    @hanshotfirst77 - Huge hugs.  I hope those anxieties ease in the coming weeks.

EDD/weeks+days: 21W6D

Baby is the size of a(n): Large banana

Upcoming appointments: 3/2 Fetal Echo / 3/6 OB

How are you feeling? Really good.  I've had a few days with a lot of pelvis pressure, but then they resolved and I was able to walk normally again.  I'm sleeping better and my only real complaint is heartburn.

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? I think so.  My sister wants to throw one.  Even though we have two kids, the youngest is 8 and this baby is a big surprise, so we have nothing.  I'm buying everything big myself and would actually just love a blanket, clothes, diaper shower.  I will get all gear and will not register.  But my friends love buying baby clothes. :)  My sister did just give me a bag of baby clothes that were my 12 year old's and that survived her two boys, so that's really special.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 15th/23W0D

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: BLUE 

Baby is the size of a(n): Grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: none this week, I see my OB and take my glucose test next week 

How are you feeling? Okay, just a little tired but I have started to go into spring cleaning mode.  

Raves/Rants: Boss is gone all week but I still have to work. I just wanted to stay home and get organized and sleep. 

Questions: none 

Yes, having one in early may since I will deliver by the 8th of June. My sister is hosting but I am a control freak therefore we are both hosting lol. Only having a baby shower because its a boy, if it was a girl I would probably have a sip and see or something after birth. 
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 I am more than a little freaked out. I have no idea why I thought having another was a good idea or how I will manage third trimester let alone a second child. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 25th, 21weeks and 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue for the third time

Baby is the size of a(n): Endive

Upcoming appointments: Had 2 today. All is good! Next is on St. Patrick’s Day. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good except I am sick again. Boo. 

Raves/Rants: Rave- Glad everything looked good at the scan today. Rant- Tired of coughing. 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Probably not. This is boy 3 so we don’t need much. I also have great deal of anxiety when it comes to showers due to the fact that TW we had a late loss after the shower was planned with my first pregnancy end TW. So I didn’t even have a shower with DS 1. My work did throw one for DS 2. 
  • Options
    @hayhay2501 I think I’m still in denial? 
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee My first 2 were August babies. I like the rompers that snap for summer babies. They are easy on and off but are also cute and keep baby cool. I also like a little sun hat if we are going to be outside to prevent sun in their face. 

@hayhay2501 I am a bit nervous about adding a third, especially when the first two start chasing each other or something. But I am sure we will be fine! 

@runwmusic I feel your pain with the day care being closed. My 4 1/2 year old has been off school since Thursday. He does not do well with a lack of a schedule so he is starting to drive me crazy. 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/6, 24+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe/musk melon

Upcoming appointments: Next Wednesday with doc

How are you feeling? Really really struggling. My 3.5 year old has started acting very physically aggressive with my 17 month old, and I can't lift him without causing more pelvis pain, followed by contractions. With my first being a preemie, this concerns me. My 17 month old isn't walking either and I can't really carry her, so we're mostly trapped in the house besides absolute essentials, but I'm still worried that just trying to do bare minimum is going to cause preemie, and that she's going to get injured because I can't get to her fast enough. But I can't figure out how to stop the older kid without hurting myself. I'm really in a hard and sad place. I can't figure out how to prevent besides keeping them separately all the time-which feasible either. And more pain everyday-last night I couldn't find a comfortable position, different sharp stabbing pains for each position. I'm also emotionally struggling with how much I'm looking forward to never being pregnant again.

Raves/Rants: Pain pain pain, and hooray for my younger one taking a nap without a fight for once.

Questions: Idk. How to take care of kids in a hands off way that keeps them all safe.

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Showers after your first are frowned upon in my circles. We don't really need one anyway, just need to replace some our our oldest cloth diapers, and get a new portable eating booster for baby, as number 2 will need ours for a while yet. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @runwmusic and @bluehydrangea17 My son's gave him a 5 day weekend, this is our second 3 day week in a row....and he'll only have 2 full weeks, plus another 3 day week before spring break. Wtf???
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail - I vividly remember my son getting aggressive at 3.5.  He would come up out of the blue and punch me, pull my hair or pinch me.  And this is the mellowest kid in the world normally.  I swear each year after that 6 months after his birthday was the same.  It seemed to correspond to growth spurts and lasted about a month each time.  It has pretty much gone away, but we're in the sweet beginnings of puberty, so that has its own challenges.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 4th, 24 weeks 4 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant 

Upcoming appointments: March 11th for 28 weeks. I need to go do my glucose test before that. 

How are you feeling? I've been off the last 5 days so getting naps in, so I'm feeling pretty good. Having Braxton Hicks off and on. 

Raves/Rants:  I cannot find a bra that is comfortable. I'm so over it. 

Emailed principal asking what his expectations are for my sub plans for leave and now he's asking HR. Really? Just tell me what you want me to leave!?!?! I'm in a tricky situation because I teach science so the sub has to have a science credential. 

Also I have crosswalk duty all week so I'm super looking forward to Braxton Hicks all 1st period. But my para comes back tomorrow so I'm so happy to see her! She had surgery in December and her recovery has been awful. I loved the woman subbing for her but so glad Angie will be back tomorrow! 

Questions:  not really 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Nope. My work friends said something about doing one but we have a teacher who is due within a week of me and both she and her husband are teachers at our school. It's their first and I'd rather the staff focus on them and not me. I already have a double stroller  ( what they pooled money for for our PE Teacher's second last year) and we don't need clothes or diapers since I have all of DS' . 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 25 June, 21 weeks 4 days 

Baby is the size of a(n): I've lost track

Upcoming appointments: OB tomorrow, repeat attempt at repeat anatomy scan after, dietitian on Wed

How are you feeling? Eh.  We've finally kicked the cold that's been awful for weeks, but I'm definitely feeling the nausea again and lots of fatigue and general over-it feelings about this pregnancy.  My hips hurt, this kid keeps kicking my bladder (and I can't feel any other kicks), I'm not loving the insulin + GD testing... wah wah wah. I had a migraine over the weekend and Tylenol doesn't even touch them. 

Raves/Rants: I had some... but I got a shower all by myself and now I can't remember.

Oh wait, I do have one. TW: Gender disappointment feelings.  Spoiler tag because I know some people here are struggling with that I honestly do not want to offend.

There are some moms around me (in different groups, not anyone here) who are having intense gender disappointment and all of them are upset about having boys. I'm feeling SUPER defensive, even though I know their feelings aren't about me, because I wanted a daughter too, I get it, but I love this kid (even though his placenta is trying to kill me). I wouldn't have chosen my DS1 if I'd had the choice to monkey around and pick what I thought was perfect for me -- and I totally would have missed out because he's an awesome kid and actually perfect for us. I figure DS2 will be his own excellent human and I'll be happy to know him too. But my kids are not less than in my eyes because their chromosomes aren't what I'd hoped/planned.  It's hard for me to be as supportive as I'd like to of these friends and I feel kind of guilty for taking/making space when I start to feel like I'm involved in feelings that are totally not about me, but I also have to do what it takes to keep me sane because my pregnancy is HARD this time around. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? --- Yeaaah, even though I'm not a fan of showers for 2nds and beyond. My stepmom really wants to throw a party, and I said as long as it's family BBQ style with no emphasis on gifts then okay. I feel like our whole tribe really turned out for us with DS1 just 2.5 years ago and it's weird to have a presents-receiving-party again when we're going to reuse most of their gifts from last time. I did ask her not to include our registries, as I'm mostly making them for the freebies and the completion discounts. My extended family really just likes any reason to get together and have big communal meals and share gossip. So I'm hoping it's just the spring event, since Easter has sort of petered out over the years. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I understand the sex thing. There have been so many people who insinuate my life can’t possibly be complete unless I go for a girl. Someone asked me the other day the minute I said it was a boy. Um...I was going to have this baby first? I totally get wanting to have a girl. And maybe it’s because I’m “girly” in that I love clothes, shoes, etc., but I love both my boys and I’m so happy to have (so far) two healthy boys I couldn’t imagine anything else. People need to chill. 
  • Options
    EDD weeks + days: June 11/ 23 weeks 5 days

Team pink

Baby is the size of: a grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: Feb 25 for 24 week checkup and repeat ultrasound to try to get the other views of baby’s heart and check if my placenta has come up at all, and glucose tolerance test. Hopefully I haven’t gained too much this month because I get so much anxiety going in there fearing scrutinization from them about it. I know they’re doing their jobs but sometimes it just feels like unnecessary pressure. 

How are you feeling? Tired, so so tired. Also, I really miss being able to breathing through my nose.

Raves/rants: finally got rid of my old breaking down station wagon and got a mom car yesterday lol. I love it! Haven’t had a nice car in so long! Although I’m going to miss not having a car payment. 

Questions: none really

GTKY: yes, my mom and sister are planning me one sometime in April. I’m excited but I am an extreme introvert and don’t like being the center of attention, so these social gatherings in my honor always make me uncomfortable lol

• Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Yes. That's definitely part of it. And while I'm not girly, I had hopes of doing mom-daughter things like Girl Scouts, etc, with my someday daughter. For so many reasons, I'm significantly less excited about being a den mom in Boy Scouts. But I'll adapt and we'll still find cool things to do together. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kyrwyn I think the hardest part for me was envisioning the relationship I would have with my future daughter...my mom and I have the best relationship, she’s my best friend, I talk to her every day and I have no idea what I would do without her. There’s a part of me that mourns the fact that I won’t have that, but I’ll also adapt and find special things to bond with my boys over. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 23+4?

Baby is the size of a(n): I haven’t been able to keep track of this the whole pregnancy

Upcoming appointments: Thursday for growth scan (normal for Lupus) 

How are you feeling? Okay? Back pain and mooooood swings. DH has been sick and I’ve had so much going on with teaching. Honestly really overwhelmed lately and I feel I’m not coping with it very well. Thank goodness this baby is healthy because at this point with DD we were dealing with so many concerns with me. I’m so glad this pregnancy has been smooth so far. 

Raves/Rants: see above I think. I just need a break and a warm day with sunshine. 

Questions: how is exercising going for y’all? I know I’ve asked before but I do feel better when I work in some YouTube workouts. But I’m really starting to feel that bump getting in the way of most moves. 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Nope. DD is under 2 so we just went through that. It’s fun but I hate being the center of attention for gift giving and most of our friends don’t have a lot in the way of spending money. We’ll be okay-I really don’t mind Facebook marketplace or secondhand baby clothes. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @alli392 what is this "exercise" you speak of? I'm so tired. 
  • Options
    @runwmusic LOL. If I could go up stairs without pain on days I don’t stretch, I’d be in the same boat. Even a little helps my back though so I’m trying!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Options
    @alli392 I am crazy person and I am still doing spin and it makes me feel a lot better too. We actually just bought a Peloton, which I am enjoying cause it easier to go downstairs than a 20 minute drive to the gym. Unfortunately, my asthma flared up and I haven’t been able to do it in a few days☹️
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 19 / 22+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Coconut...which seems bigger than the foods identified for the next couple of weeks 🤷🏼‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: I had a checkup yesterday, so I don’t go back until March 18 for GD testing and another checkup. 

How are you feeling? I feel a lot bigger than I did just a couple of weeks ago. I’ve put on 5 lbs over the past month, which is more than I gained the first trimester. Otherwise I feel good, just getting out of breath more easily and struggling to keep up with my very active 16 month old son. 

Raves/Rants: This app drives me absolutely insane! It’s 2020 for goodness sakes. There are reliable apps that let me order groceries, check who is at my front door, and file my taxes...is it too much to ask for an app that loads forum posts at a reasonable speed? I’m too invested in this group to just check out, but this app is so damn frustrating. Ok I’ll stop venting now 😂😂

Questions: Has anybody had a more demanding/difficult second child? My son is such a sweet natured little boy with such a happy demeanor. It hit me last night that this baby girl could have colic or reflux or just a generally cranky personality, and I’m so afraid I won’t like her as much. I know that sounds horrible, and I have no doubt I’ll love her, but what if I don’t enjoy being her mom as much? Am I being ridiculous? I just feel like my son had set the bar pretty high and I’m worried about comparing, which isn’t fair to this baby. It makes me sad to even be having these thoughts. 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? No need for one, since we have everything we need. And, like most of you, being the center of attention really isn’t my thing anyway. 
  • Options
    @Kjack86 I worry about this! DS was the worlds worst sleeper and still isn’t super great, and I had to hold him every second of his little life until 6 weeks old. But he was easy - no reflux, no colic, easygoing. I often wonder if this will be my colicky baby who sleeps. Idk which is harder! 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 22+1, 6/22

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): coconut

Upcoming appointments: none till march 1st

How are you feeling? Ok now that I have recovered from the stomach virus I swear the germs are trying to kill me this pregnancy.  Also this pregnancy acne is for the freaking birds I look like a 13yr old girl just starting puberty...  

Raves/Rants: house plans are coming along nicely and hopefully we will be headed to the bank in march to break ground in april or may...hooray!!!  Pregnancy insomnia SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? I tried to get out of it but my best friend that is also a co worker is insisting....maybe I can convince her to just do a diaper and wipes shower. I don't know when for sure likely in April sometime.  I've already bought all the big stuff we will need immediately and with us moving into a new house shortly after he is born I dont plan on buying any of the big stuff you start needing between 3 and 6 months till after we move like a jumper and high chair.  
  • Options
    @kjack86 The app also serves no purpose, going to the website (forums.thebump.com) gives you the same forums minus the slow loading agita!
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 24+6
    Baby is the size of a pomegranate or a cantaloupe depending on which website you visit, and those are VERY different sizes. Weird. 
    Team Pink!

Upcoming appointments: None this week. I can do the glucose test in the same building as my OB so I’m just going to do that after my next appointment, which is two weeks away. 

How are you feeling? I’m starting to lose the fight against GI issues. That was definitely the worst part of my first pregnancy so I’m thankful I’ve made it almost to the end of second trimester without too much trouble by aggressively chomping on prunes. Ever since my work travel last week, I’ve been in an ugly cycle of constipation and diarrhea and I’m hoping I can get things back on track so the next three months are not like this. Also, heartburn is up to an everyday occurrence. 

Raves/Rants: I FINALLY had a chance to go to a store and try on bras this past weekend. I bought the one in the store that fit, and ordered three more on Amazon which arrived yesterday. It feels amazing to have bras that fit again. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? No, this is our second baby girl and our first is two years old. My cousin is having twins in May and their daughter is almost 6 so they don’t have any baby stuff anymore - for them it makes lots of sense to have a shower or sprinkle. 
  • Options
    @ReneeJ2011 have you tried benadryl? It's my new best friend.

@kjack86 ds was a terror the first 2.5-3 months. Endless hours of walking up and down stairs throughout the night was the only thing to make him happy. I'm terrified baby girl will be worse and make him look easy. So far she is just as crazy, if not more of a mover in my belly. I'm just glad I won't be stuck inside with a winter baby again. The amount of indoor stroller walks ds has had is unreal lol. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/9 24 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow, just a regular checkup 

How are you feeling? Pretty good 

Raves/Rants: seems to be going very quickly now

Questions: no

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? No, and most people around here just have one for the first.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kjack86 - My first was an easy baby - STTN early, no colic, easy feeder, happy baby.  I was worried too.  My daughter was born and it was actually easier to fall in love with her because I knew what I was doing, I wasn't so paranoid and I could just enjoy her.  And she was also an easy baby...no colic, easy feeder, happy (sleep was a whole 'nother issue). 

They are night and day, easy in their own ways, difficult in their own ways.  But JUST as easy to love.
  • Options
    @FigTreeMama thanks for the web browser tip! It’s working so much better!

And to the rest of you, thanks for easing my STM fears. Love the support from this group!
  • Options
    @kjack86 and others...

Well, my first was a NICU preemie, and hard. And slept like crap, and I had to hold him for 5-6 months with reflux issues. He became a relatively easy toddler/preschooler, for all that 3 year olds are assholes. Didn't sleep well until 22 months.

My second didn't need the NICU, but screamed louder for longer without much puking. And I had to hold her for 4-5 months straight. She's only 17 months now but is still more likely to throw a sustained screaming fit over nothing, and refuses to learn to sign or talk, so she just loses her mind over simple things. Did start sleeping OK at 16 months, but is trying to drop her nap permanently already. 

But as much as she is passionate and driven (and exasperating!) she isn't harder to love. She makes me appreciate her chill moments and silly sassy moments more. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 6/1 25 weeks and some odd number of days. All I know is that I have 14 weeks left until summer vacation 

Baby is the size of a(n): Cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments: Monday is my glucose test. 

How are you feeling? Blaaaahhhhhh. Up until Tuesday I was feeling great. Now I just feel low. My hips, feets, back, belly all hurt. I'm usually a super upbeat person and I am feeling overwhelmed with work and every other aspect of my life.

Raves/Rants: I'll consider the above my rant. My husband is still my biggest rave. Weve started going to couple's therapy again and it has been amazing. We have talked through some challenging things. We have been able to really set up a time to touch base and touch up our foundation. I told him I was having a bad day, so he is coming to sit with me at work (I'm in the dorm until 930pm) and we will get some grading done.

Questions: I'm starting to freak out over postpartum stuff, but I'm hoping to talk to my OBGYN on Monday.

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? I am the lucky winner of 3 baby shower type things (though I don't need much stuff b.c everyone in town has been giving me things through the Buy Nothing Facebook group). Work is throwing me one on March 28th. MIL is hosting on April 26th for friends and DH's family, and my Mom is hosting a party after DS is born on August 15th for my family (which is huge) 

@alli392 I have still been taking and teaching dance and keeping up with my normal yoga routine. I'm starting to notice some limitations, like I cant do a grand jet or back walk over, but for yoga, I have found accommodations online. For example, using blocks to help keep me off the ground in upward dog. Good luck figuring stuff out!
  • Options
    mariabelemariabele member
    edited February 2020
    EDD/weeks+days: June 11, 24 wks

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant

Upcoming appointments: 28 weeks in late march and glucose test.... soon?

How are you feeling? Blaaaaaaaaah. So tired, still having a hard time sleeping, back pain, heart burn, work stresses, etc etc. It looks like I'm far from alone, though, which makes me feel better. Misery does love company :smile: Unicorn trimester my butt!

Raves/Rants: The above was a rant of sorts.

Questions: None 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Yes since it's my first. My two best friends are hosting and it's in 2 weeks! It's super early because all my friends and family live on the opposite coast and this trip to visit in March will likely be my last before baby. My hubby is Indian and, in his culture, baby showers are co-ed. So, all my friends and family (male/female) will be coming. I do hate being the center of attention, so I expect it to be mildly awkward, but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! 

@rabbitmama09 I'm still taking dance as well, trying to stay mildly active. My teacher made a joke today that she should start charging me for two. :P
  • Options
    By thew way, SO much respect to all of you ladies feeling like crap and still taking care of your other babies. I just have a cat and can barely do that! I have no idea how you do it, but major props.
  • Options
    I’m late to this week, oops! 

EDD/weeks+days: 23w 3D, 6/16

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): grapefruit 

Upcoming appointments: i was suppose to have one Tuesday, but got a call that he had to cancel a couple hours before. Rescheduled with a dr I don’t know next Wednesday. 

How are you feeling? Other than an achy back, i feel okay

Raves/Rants: surprisingly 🙈 i don’t have any right now 

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? This is baby boy #3, so no shower for me! Which I’m actually super glad for, I am not a fan of being center of attention! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @FigTreeMama i need to make the switch. I’ve been solely using the app and it sucks! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    During my first pregnancy I couldn't imagine having to take care of other children. During my second I wasn't sure how I made it through the third trimester especially. Now I'm desperately begging for spare funds to hire some help, but mostly because I can't walk. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: June 12th / 24 weeks

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Eggplant or cantaloupe

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday for a routine check at 25 weeks. After that I'll have one more appt in 4 weeks and then we switch to every 2 weeks.

How are you feeling? Feeling heavy and slower this week. 

Raves/Rants: Booked a baby moon (sort of, toddler is coming with us) to Miami in April! I'll be 32 weeks and hoping to still have some energy to enjoy the trip! It will definitely be our last trip as a family of 3.

Questions: 

GTKY: Are you having a baby shower? If yes when and who’s hosting? Second baby, so nothing big. I'm guessing I'll get together with some friends for a dinner to celebrate but no presents. We don't need any baby gear and we're getting a lot of hand-me-downs already.
    BabyFruit Ticker