C-sections

The dreaded c-section shelf

I had two vaginal deliveries and never expected the the third to end in an emergency c-section. 
I am 9 months post c-section and my daughter is sleeping well enough that I am finally energized and starting to care for myself - eating right and working out - going on two weeks strong.

What I DID NOT have with vaginal deliveries is the "fat" that now hangs over my c section scar.  I have always been "average" weight and this extra feature is just horrible.  So for those of you in a similar situation, after really focusing on eating and exercise, what were you "left with" and how has this area/feature changed?

Is there any hope I won't hate my stomach???

Re: The dreaded c-section shelf

• Pinterest has really good exercises to get rid of the c section pouch 
  • A doctor told me some "shelves" will not go away because of the way you were closed up. I'm hoping my 2nd CSection helps even things out since it won't be an ER. 
  • Loading the player...
  • A doctor told me some "shelves" will not go away because of the way you were closed up. I'm hoping my 2nd CSection helps even things out since it won't be an ER. 
    I was told the same thing.  I had a laparotomy (hip to hip) surgery and have the shelf,  13 years later I still have the shelf despite losing 25 lbs, and exercising...
  • secretsmamasecretsmama member
    edited July 2017
    My c section pooch as I call it bothered me for about 2 and a half years after my emergency c section but I learned to live with it and and somewhat love it.
    I had my time of a trim cute tough body and now I have the average mom body *plus a few extra pounds I was working on losing when baby #2 decided to show his/her hcg levels on the hpt stick*
    Remember looking good is one thing FEELING good is another and far more important.
  • As above - sometimes the way you were closed. I used an abdominal and pelvic binder after my second C-section and the MD also helped get rid of some of the old scarring and it improved a bit. Only a plastic surgery would totally remove.  I found improving posture helped appearance, other than that I don't worry about it. 
  • Get yourself a belly bandit. had an emergency c section with my second son and what helped me flatten out the pooch was healthy eating, HIIT workouts and the belly bandit wrap.