April 2020 Moms

High Risk Check in February

Figured we could start this with some of us having some issues requiring extra monitoring.

How far along are you?

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring?

What's the potential impact on you / baby?

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting?

Any issues in previous pregnancies?

Questions/Rants?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: High Risk Check in February

• How far along are you?
    32+1

Low lying placenta

May require c-section if the placenta remains too close to the cervix due to higher risk of hemorrhaging with dilation. If the placenta moves >2 cm away, but is still close, I can have a vaginal birth, but the mid wives will probably still have an OB there and be more cautious of any bleeding that happens during birth. 

transvaginal ultrasound this week to determine the placenta distance from the cervix

FTM

Questions/Rants?
    I just hate the waiting game and want to know. 
  • How far along are you? 28+6

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Complete placenta previa (totally covering the cervix)

Same as @babyrummom

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Another ultrasound on Monday to see if it moves. 

No! Well, labor had issues, but not during the pregnancy.

Questions/Rants? 
    On one hand, I'm torn between wanting a vaginal birth because I feel like I did all the hard work the first labor and this one should be easier, and on the other I'd like a c section to not have to deal with all the "down there" recovery. And I know c sections are serious surgery and have their own recovery period, but not getting stitches in my vagina seems like a nice idea.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    30+4

Marginal cord insertion. Also have high bp controlled with medicine 

Growth issues, possible early induction

BPP ultrasounds and NSTs weekly starting after 32 weeks

Preeclampsia last pregnancy started at 32 weeks. Was controlled enough to keep baby in till 37 weeks

Questions/Rants?
    Annoying to have to be in twice a week when I haven't had issues yet, but I get the reason why. Also, the scheduler at my OBs office messed up scheduling some of my appointments, so I'm going to have to see about fixing that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 30W, 4D

I have mitral valve regurgitation and a history of postpartum hemorrhaging 

the meds I take to control my symptoms of MVR can negatively impact growth so watching baby boy closely. As of now, he’s measure a week ahead. 

Meds are helping control palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness and rapid heart beat. 

Hemorrhaging is my main concern/fear. Nothing to do about it now, preventing and controlling That will come during labor/delivery.

I have two more ultrasounds to make sure baby boy’s growth doesn’t fall behind.

For me, I am about to increase my meds and will have a heart monitor when I go to deliver at the hospital and will be monitored until discharged plus follow ups with my cardiologist. 

To prevent/control hemorrhaging, discussing with my OB next week so I will know more then. I also had a retained placenta following my second birth and to make sure that doesn’t happen again, will be given more meds to ensure I deliver all of the placenta plus an ultrasound before discharge.  

Any issues in previous pregnancies? All described above. Unfortunately, each pregnancy becomes more and more complicated 

Questions/Rants? Baby boy is currently breech and I can’t help but think that a c-section may avoid many of my birth complications/bad luck I seem to have. I absolutely do not want surgery but I’m terrified of having the same complications, especially hemorrhaging again. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• How far along are you? 28+3 today

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Complete Placenta Previa diagnosed at 20 weeks 

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Same as @babyrummom except I don't know how far away my placenta is now, though I'll know soon enough. But if it hasn't moved, I'll be needing a c-section. While I've been waiting, I've been on pelvic rest and had some activity restrictions. 

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Extra ultrasound at 28+5 (this Tuesday finally!) 

Any issues in previous pregnancies? No - I'm a FTM

Questions/Rants? I'm SOOO ready for this appointment - I want to see my sweet baby girl and see if the placenta has moved enough. I feel like I'm feeling her in different places recently, and I'm choosing to believe that this is because the placenta has moved and not just because she's bigger and stronger now. 
  • How far along are you?
    28+4

Partial Placenta previa diagnosed at 20 weeks, showed no improvement/is slightly worse as of 28 weeks

What's the potential impact on you / baby? sounds like most people on this post have previa so I’ll skip this one lol 

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be gettin?
    I’m getting another scan are 36 weeks. C section will be scheduled for 39 weeks at that point if there hasn’t been any change

nope

Questions/Rants?
    LO is currently transverse and it’s KILLING me. If he doesn’t flip, I’ll have to have a c section regardless of the previa but omg I wish he’d stop kicking my hip. I also found out I’m super anemic now and my blood sugar is too low, so I’m having to take even more supplements and eat constantly, so my heartburn is getting out of control. But yay 3rd trimester so we’re almost there!
  • How far along are you? 
    31w2d

2 vessel cord, plus I have a minor congenital heart condition. 

Potential growth restriction, which could lead to inducing early. Also, slightly increased chance of heart condition both due to the cord and my history. 

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be gettin? 
    I have a growth scan on Wednesday. If she’s still looking good, I’ll have one more growth scan at 36 weeksish. We are supposed to take her to a pediatric cardiologist when she is 2 months old to make sure there are no defects in her heart. 

nope

Questions/Rants?
    This pregnancy has been harder both physically and emotionally. We had a small scare with DS where the NT scan cane back high risk, but we got results from the NIPT a week later and were told everything was likely normal. This time, it’s more of a waiting game. She might have a heart condition, but we won’t know until she gets here. She might have to be induced early, but we won’t know until we see growth restriction on a scan. It’s tough. But, so far, things have mostly looked good, so I’m trying not to worry about it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @babyrummom lurking in this thread to look for an update!! Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!!
  • @babyrummom That's awesome! So excited for you!!
  • I got my results back and my placenta is now 2.something cm away! I was so happy for the phone call I forgot to ask if my restrictions were removed. I'm going to assume it's back to normal.
  • @babybison yay!!!! Such an exciting week!
  • @babybison Good news all around! I'm also in the clear as well and even though my doctor said my restrictions were removed, I still asked to be clear that the pelvic rest was over. I'm so glad to be free of that restriction. :lol:
  • mercury94mercury94 member
    edited February 2020
    @sbalding88 Great news for you too. 

Things are looking up, ladies. My OB says my baby is clearly not experiencing growth restriction from the 2 vessel cord as she is huge. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • How far along are you?
    31 + 5

Twins, I have to be on blood thinners as my blood clots too well, prior loss

1) twins could come early and multiples have the risk of low birth weight. Since they are for sure fraternal (boy/girl) we don’t have the risks that a lot of others twin mamas have. 
    2) they want me on blood thinners to avoid any clotting issues for me or with the babies’ placentas/cords
    3) prior loss has no impact except on how I am doing emotionally and my doctor would be doing the extra monitoring even if it was 1 baby and no clotting issues 

starting at my 32 week apt (today 2/13!) we’re having NST and BPP weekly.  

DD was stillborn at 40+1. 

Questions/Rants?
    no rants.  Just awake in the middle of the night for the first time in a long time.  Both babies are currently moving (as I type this so I don’t want to go back to sleep) but I am more anxious the closer we get. Glad I have weekly BPP and NST tests from here on out!!!
  • So much good news being shared for the high risk ladies in here! 🤗
  • I was officially bumped up into higher risk at my appointment today 😔

How far along are you? 31w4d

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Gestational diabetes that can't be controlled with diet and footling breech presenting baby.

What's the potential impact on you / baby? The GD can cause preeclampsia and pre-tern labor for me. It can also cause baby to grow too big to deliver vaginally and to be born with hypoglycemia and/or jaundice.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? I will be getting weekly NST and ultrasound to monitor growth and position until delivery as well as scrutiny of my blood sugar to see if I need to be put on insulin. As of today I am now taking glyubride for the diabetes. 

High blood pressure with DS1 and gestational diabetes with DD1.

Questions/Rants?
    I just want to eat caaaaake 🥺
    BabyFruit Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker . Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @fitzandgiggles so sorry to hear.. hoping everything levels out with the new med
  • @fitzandgiggles I’m so sorry about the GD. Hope the meds help even out the blood sugar. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @fitzandgiggles Hoping they can get the GD settled with the meds and that you don't have any issues with preeclampsia and pre-term labor. That's a lot to deal with at one appointment. <3