Babies on the Brain

WRW January 2020

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.*** 

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday! You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. 

I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the month if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation. 

When do you think you will start TTC? 

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Probably a cliche GTKY for January but it's a good one. What are your New Years resolutions/goals for the year?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: WRW January 2020

• When do you think you will start TTC?
    November 2020.

What brings you to WRW?
    Lots of BOTB.

Any R/R?
    I definitely have lots of rants from the past month but I am tired of dealing with all the negativity and giving all of my attention to it so I'm just going to leave it be. Not ignore it because that leads to bottling up and exploding but just kind of accepting that it is what it is.

GTKY: Probably a cliche GTKY for January but it's a good one. What are your New Years resolutions/goals for the year?
    It's quite vague but I'm going to focus on taking care of myself. That includes not only weight loss which I am now in desperate need of but also my mental health which includes having the attitude above. I've been meditating more at night before bed and it's really helped. I recommned an app called Calm if any of you are interested.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• When do you think you will start TTC? 
    September 2020

What brings you to WRW?
    The desire for baby #2. Which keeps getting stronger daily. 

Any R/R?
    I'm going to focus on the positives: 
    1) We successfully transitioned DS to a toddler bed in December! Yes, he sleeps on the floor of his bedroom about 50% of the time, but this is great news because it was one of the "must dos" before we started trying for baby #2.
    2)  DS starts at a daycare once a week this Tuesday. I'm really nervous as he has never attended a daycare before... but this is a must because DH needs once a week to get stuff done (he is a SAHD) and DS really needs to socialize more with kids. Him attending daycare is also on our "must dos" before baby #2.
    3) DS's birthday is tomorrow! I can't believe he is turning 2. I'm not ready for the party yet... but we are just doing a small, non-stressful get together with family. So I just need to bake a cake/cupcakes, and get balloons blown up and then we are good to go. 

So I have quite a few... 
    - Spend daily quality time with my son. After I get home from work, I struggle with spending meaningful time with my son. So my goal is to spend at least 30 mins per day with him playing a game, reading a book and interacting with him. 
    - Prioritize my relationship with my husband. DH and I struggle to find time together just the two of us. My goal is to make sure we have at least one date per month. I'm also going to take little steps to strengthen our relationship (i.e. more sexy time, more meaningful conversations, etc.) but those are harder to put concentrate goals around. 
    - Prioritize my health - workout 3-4 times a week and lose about 10 lbs.
    - Make a monthly budget and stick to it. Also start down the process of paying credit card debt.
    - Clean at least 15 mins per day.
    - Spend at least 15 mins a day on "me time", so doing something I enjoy.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @darkrose88 sorry I haven’t responded. I haven’t been on here in while. That’s so exciting about tackling your “must dos” before TTC! How’s the progress with your resolutions going?
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny I feel similarly about all the negativity. I'm bored of focusing on it haha.
    @darkrose88 our LOs are really close in age! 1.5 months apart. He loves daycare (also goes once a week, I SAH), hopefully yours will too. Ours says he doesn't stop smiling the entire time he's there. Love the idea of date night once a month.

When do you think you will start TTC? Jan 2021 very earliest but probably later

What brings you to WRW? Everyone around me is pregnant and I'm so happy for them but so jealous. In an "I want to be pregnant with you too!" type way.

Any R/R? Not really. My semester starts tomorrow and I'm not thrilled about it so I suppose there's that

GTKY: Probably a cliche GTKY for January but it's a good one. What are your New Years resolutions/goals for the year? I don't have any specific ones...just overall try to be a better person. I'd love to finish losing my baby weight (am now at prepregnancy weight after having DD 9 mo ago, but still have a bit to go from before I had DS 2 years ago)

• @jackie_dunny I also dropped off the face of the Earth for a little while too... my revolutions haven't all fallen apart yet (although I did give up on cleaning pretty fast lol). I got my budget sorted and made a plan to work paying down credit card debt.I'm still working on focusing more on quality time with my son - although I'm not time boxing myself.. just trying to really focus on him when it is our play time. DH & I have had a date night once a month (actually twice this month). I haven't been working out... but I have been making smarter food choices. And I've been giving myself me time. So overall, not terrible. How has your resolution been going? 
  • @darkrose88 I'd say very meh lol I haven't quite fallen off the bandwagon but I'm slipping lol I had a goal of losing 5lbs a month (somethinge easily managable so I don't set myself up too high) and that's going well so far! As for my mental health, I have good days and I have bad days but the bad days aren't as bad and the good days are starting to outnumber the bad days so it's definitely progress.
    PitaPata Dog tickers